Is Kurt Busiek the only decent cape writer nowadays?

Is Kurt Busiek the only decent cape writer nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/871085211273920512
twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/210629838418087936
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NAH. He’s gone full SJW

>Reminding me Busiek exists
>Reminding me that Autumnlands has been on hiatus for months now.

Thanks user. I needed to remember to see if he's released any news or info.

>the writer is bad because he said things I don't like on twitter
The present state of Sup Forums

>He responds to bait
And it's all your fault it's this way

I mean there are people who legitimately believe that. It can be bait but I'm pretty sure it's not

>Decent
He's really fucking good.
Has been for about thirty years now. I don't get how he continues to be as good as he is, but here we are.

Never meet him, for your own sake.

closing in on a year

Back in his Avengers run he wrote a story about how diversity quotas were a bunch of hooey. He's changed.

His writing hasn't, thankfully. It's always been pretty even handed.

There are plenty.
>Priest
>Waid
>Yang
>Aaron
>Abnett
>Tomasi
>Tynion
>Soule

More than half those writers are complete shit.

For a writer to be shit, I'd argue that they have to have written at least 60% garbage. That's not true for anybody on that list, although I can't vouch for Abnett as I've only read his Aquaman.

why list tynion then

>For a writer to be shit, I'd argue that they have to have written at least 60% garbage.
That would probably apply to Waid by this point, and definitely applies to Tynion.

Seriously, he's awful. His creator-owned stuff is somehow even worse than his DC work. I didn't know who he was at the time and yet Memetic's writing actually made me angry at the book.

>>Waid
bait

Show me where he said diversity quotas are good now

>I judge a writer by his personal views and not the quality of his content

Tynion is so bad but every now and then there's like a tiny flash of quality on par with classic Bat writers, particularly the infamous ballet pages

I bet if he had been coached by like Denny O'Neil instead of fucking Snyder he could have been good

Fair enough. But you could make anyone a good writer with Denny fucking O'Neil as their personal trainer.

Dewey has the script for 2 issues. Is just waiting on the go ahead from Busiek to start up again. Apparently Busiek got so sick he almost died this year

Nah, The worst works of waid are the current marvel and 20% of his run in flash and in the JLA. But counting his things that are not marvel and 70% of his things are good.

What a Strange Fruit you are.

Just search for diversity from:kurtbusiek e.g. twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/871085211273920512 twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/210629838418087936

>Apparently Busiek got so sick he almost died this year
Because of this the Vertigo continuation of Astro City will be on hiatus after #50.

His latest Astro City was full SJW.

Diversity =/= diversity quotas

When's the next one of these suppose to come out anyways?

December 27

Nah I gotta disagree. He has gone SJW in his social media but not FULL since his writing (from what I've still read) hasn't become agenda based like his peers.

>Never meet him, for your own sake.
This.

He isn't unpleasent per se but at a con he just sits behind his table & has no interest in talking to fans.

BASED

why does he even go there? is he jerking off to fat cosplayers under the table ?

I'm just getting into Astro City, and I've gotta tell, I really admire his approche to storytelling. You can pick-up any issue, even ones that are part of a muti-episode storyline and you can enjoy it as a complete, stand-alone tale. It reminds me how I got into comics, all those years ago, when decompresion wasn't yet a thing.

>Aaron
>Tomasi
>Tynion
>Annette
>Soule
Lmaoing @ your taste.

Outragefags don't read comics, they read tweets.

>>Waid
>>Tynion