Favorite Villains?

General arseholes apply as well.

This beautiful bastard.

Honestly... Zemo's better than Doom at the "benevolent villain" bit.

I like his connection to his family and his vices, who all lessens him. He feels real - man, I felt sorry for him when Dormammu cured his mother from alzheimer and then withhold his cure later on. He basially a power junkie out of control.

I think Emplate and Sublime may be the only new great x-men villains from the 90s on

Doom is technically my favourite villain, but I'm sure someone else will post him. So, instead, I'll post this smug family man.

>General arseholes

Problem is he hasn't been used well in years. Occasional good moments, yes, but nothing beyond that. Secret Empire had a fantastic set-up for him but then squandered it by having him act as Captain Hydra's glorified armcandy.

I liked Remender's Zemo but yeah, he's been bland these couple of years.

>General arseholes

Might as well post him.

Don't blame him, he was created to be an arsehole and he does everything in his power to act against his nature.

I don't really consider him a villain, truth be told. And apart from being a playful arse, he's less of a cunt than most "heroes". Fantomex really is living the life. He steals, he fucks, he has thrills.

Mister Sinister.

this user gets it.

i'd add dark beast and spiral to that. Stardust could be a great villain too.

Sugar Man qualifies, too. He’s not too far different from Dark Beast/Sinister, but still entertaining.

Kang/Immortus/Rama-Tut is great.

i never really understood what his motives were

so how are Kang and Apocalypse different if they both come from egyptian lore in the marvel universe?

Sugar Man was the overseer of the human concentration camp of Apocalypse, while Dark Beast worked in the concentration camp of Sinister doing experiments on mutants. They were both high ranking evil geneticists of Apocalypse.

When they traveled to the 616 earth, they ended up like 20 years in the past, and Sugar Man ended as pretty much the secret ruler of Genosha, the Genosham mutates were all Sugar Man technology from AoA.

IIRC, the Morlocks were creations of Dark Beast, and Sinister ordered to kill them all, because he recognized his own technology in the dna of the Morlocks (thats because AoA Dark Beast worked with Sinister)

Sinister, DB and SM never had any motive apart from doing whatever helps me to have a lab and do evil immoral science which is what I like, until Gillen gave Sinister the motive of him becoming his own species with a collective hivemind, the everything-everyone is Sinister with a victorian city inhabited only by hivemind sinister clones.

Kang is from the future and came back to face the challenges of dominating the past. Apocalypse is basically just an immortal mutant who became a servant or herald to the Celestials and is in charge of making sure evolution produces the most powerful version of humanity possible. Kang as Rama-Tut did enslave a young Apocalypse briefly, but they’re different in motivation and background beyond crossing paths briefly.

God do I miss him.

Henry Bendix

it killed me that his first real appearance after Thunderbolts/Zemo: Born Better, were Brubaker making him generic supervillain again.

>my dad's greatest legacy was killing Bucky!
>Bucky's alive
>shit, gotta kill bucky and preserve the legacy of Zemo having killed him

hes been dead for almost my entire comic book reading history, but man I fucking love Kraven the Hunter.

I was looking into this the other day but don't really want to read a whole bunch of comics with miracle man saying holy macaroni. What should I read to get the kid miracleman experience?

I've got a soft spot for these creepy green bastards.

High Evolutionary.

similar MO to Sinister, but not actually EVIL, he just does his thing, and is occasionally at odds with heroes due to morality/ethics issues rather than legitimate crime

Bastion is pretty underrated.

Sup guys? Remember me?

Guy's a bitch and just hits "reset" every time something doesn't go his own way.

Edgy

mini storytime, it's from Tieri's Weapon X 14.

Pfft, that guy has nothing on a bunch of these

Off the top of my head

Lex Luthor
Barry Dylan (Archer)
Infidel (Astro City)
Señor Senior, Sr. (Kim Possible)
Red Guy (Cow and Chicken)

He's my favorite simply because he's still a nice guy, and did nothing wrong.

Since we're talking about Marvel Egypt, has Moon Knight or Khonshu ever interacted with Apocalypse or Kang?

Per Degaton

Per Degaton is a bastard of the highest order.

Monstar

Then he's not a villain.

Here's my favorite villain. Basically more scary then the Joker.

I thought it was more the fact that he was more readily accepted as a hero while he was treated like shit when he tried the straight and narrow.

It wasn't great but it was far better than what came after. I do hope they pull a Prometheus and just say Zemo from there on out was the cousin introed in Born Better via the Cosmic Cube or some shit.

Me, too user. Me too. I thought I'd hate him when I heard Johns was going to introduce another Reverse Flash but damn if he didn't turn out to be my favorite DC villain.

Just the fact the his identity fucked with so many in the MU and in the writers' bullpen makes him one of my favorites.

I loved that Axis mini but I'm leery at reading his Bendis appearances that were supposedly in Alias.

I'd like to see him go up against the Legion of Super-Heroes.

You knew it was coming.

Bump

I have a lot of favorites, but my personal #1 has to be Norman Osborn.
He's such a petty piece of shit and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dick with a Time Machine

>Monday
>Tuesday
>Wednsday
>Thursday
>Friday
>Saturday
>Sunday
>SIVANADAY

I love them both

Too bad about the name.

>Mr. Sinister

That's fucking dumb. Was Monsieur Badd too on the nose?

That's some impressive paneling

His name is Nathanial Essex. He chose to be called Mr. Sinister. It is not like his actual name is Sinister

wasnt sinister an 8 years old fantasy or something? Cause at 8 you'd think it's the coolest name ever (maybe not in 2017 but still I can buy it)

This guy

That was the original plan, he was supposed to be Cyclops's fellow orphan who made Mr Sinister as a child's idea of a cool supervillian

that was Claremont's original idea but it never got to become canon

Claremont also wanted Rachel to be the daughter of Jean and the Phoenix, not the daughter of Jean and Scott (the Phoenix would have impregnated Jean the same way the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary)

Sinister is a scientist from the 1800s more or less the same age as Darwin (they knew each other), in whom Apocalypse saw a lot of potential, so he gave Sinister the Apocalypse-pimp-my-ride treatment, basically a healing factor that makes him not age.
He served Apocalypse for over a century, but hated being his servant, so he had as a side project, creating a mutant powerful enough to kill Apocalypse. That finally happened when he discovered Jean and Scott can produce kids strong enough to kill Apocalypse.

Cable, Stryfe and X-Man would be that. Cable is the son of Maddie and Scott (he isnt as strong as he should be because he is infected by a technoorganic virus), Stryfe is a healthy evil clone of Cable, and X-Man is a Sinister test tube bay of Jean and Scott from the Age of Apocalypse.

He needs more appreciation.

This guy

Did you even read to the end of the first issue?
The whole beginning section is a fakeout

My man.

Ultron's fucked up family life is easily my favorite. He just wants love and respect, is that too much? Well, Hank sometimes is incapable of love, so sometimes I guess

>being this retarded
Holy macaroni.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call him their favorite. I like him, but really only as a background character

He’s one of my favorite Marvel characters overall. He just isn’t an absolute “villain”. He’s really just a neutral, sometimes unethical, but mostly benevolent science god dude out in space. He just has a history of severe bipolar episodes, more or less.

They call him villain, but Scientific method IS ruthless

>karnak's tattoo/paint is a thin strip in the solo
>it's a huge chin covering patch in everything else

Why does this keep happening

Being a fan of Mad hatter, Calender man and Killer Moth is fucking suffering.
They're always severely underplayed, or used as a "second fiddle". None of them has really shone by themselves in ages, but this goes especially for Mad Hatter.

Yeah, because they're fucking lame.

Hobgoblin is the best! I wish more characters in the MU would wake up brainwashed by the Hobgoblin. like Frenchie or Gambit etc...

bump

A revelation for ants?