/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Graphic Novel Adaptation (Tue 12)
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (Wed 13)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Fri 15)
Chewie and the Porgs (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-A9rYcBmBFo&ab_channel=JeremyJahns
youtube.com/watch?v=6xZAzXOsEb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>still not updating "out this week"

FIRST FOR SNOKE IS PLAGUEIS

>“It would have stopped any of these scenes dead cold if he had stopped and given a 30-second speech about how he’s Darth Plagueis,”
>if he had stopped and given a 30-second speech about how he’s Darth Plagueis,”
>about how he’s Darth Plagueis,”
>he’s Darth Plagueis,”

Knights of Ren never

I have a camrip of the movie and I like it a little more every time I see it. I just wish Rose got to do something.

5th for how he ends the interview saying he doesn't say he's plageuis

youtube.com/watch?v=-A9rYcBmBFo&ab_channel=JeremyJahns

>"He got Boa-Fett'd...actually, they should call it Being Snoked."

Who are you even quoting?

>Rian puts a line in the movie about them despite them not being in the movie
>the Kylo in the rain scene still hasn't happened yet

c'mon its obviously going to be IX bait. they are his version of Snoke's guards

First for boys getting lewd with cyborg drider waifus.

Phasma got Boba Fett'd.

Snoke was always a silly idea.

I guess he got Maul'd.

>theory crafting fags btfo

If Rian wanted to keep focus on the new cast and have ebin tweests then maybe he should have had Rey become new Snoke and Kylo be the one that chooses to follow on Luke's failed footsteps

But Kylo is already Master of the Knights of Ren by the time of TFA.

>people liking TLJ despite literally being tumblr: The Movie

DJ is more interesting than Snoke ever was

It's really sad how despite having three movies green lit from the start they are making up shit as they go.

My point exactly. People thought that the scene in the rain was the Temple massacre when TLJ proves that it isn't. So the scene in the rain was foreshadowing IX, not the past.

Rian wasn't going to have the Guard duel AND the Knights in the same movie. They will obviously show up in IX, especially now that JJ is coming back.

Daily reminder that Episodes 7, 8 and 9 have already been released in book form

Maul'd would be more accurate.
>introduce cool sith villain
>explain nothing about him then kill him

Phasma is a cool armored villain who dies in an underwhelming way.

>people liking TLJ

I have yet to talk to a real person who actually liked it and Metacritic now has more bad user reviews than good ones. It can barely clear three stars on Rotten Tomatoes. Even the "big" youtubers are explicitly shitting on this movie.

>liking impossible mary sue asspulls, the series
user, I like thrawn, but his new novel of objectively better

I didn't think they could make a Sith more boring than Maul or Dooku but they did. Nothing original about him, he's just Palpatine 2 and even dies like Maul did.

Empire > Star Wars > Return > Awakens > Last

TLJ was shit and this is coming from someone who was convinced Ryan would save the ST.

Oh I thought you meant the Knights of Ren didn't appear in TFA or TLJ because they didn't exist until after Kylo became Supreme Leader. I get what you mean now.

>muh user reviews
>muh confirmation bias
Please go back to Sup Forums.

saving your franchise reporting in

>tfw these threads will be filled with constant shitposting about TLJ
>In a few months there will be shitposting about Rebel's series finale
>And we have Solo coming out in several months

Bring it on baby.

>people thought this would show up in the movie

brainlets

It's too late, Kyle. Nothing can save this. Not anymore.

Where were you when star wars became about the war economy?

What did you guys think about the Crait sequence? I honestly liked that no Walkers got taken down

Anakin and Obi-Wan have a force push off and it doens't do anything. Rey and Kylo have one and it destroys the whole room.

Why are they trying to make these two stronger than everyone before them?

How good are those books for those of us who never tapped the Legends/EU before now?
Would I need to have read some of the other EU books before those?

>tfw loved it and seeing it again with my family christmas eve, then probably seeing it at least once more over new years

So we don't have any novels announced aside from Thrawn: Alliances in 6 months. Anyone wanna bet that they're going to announce a few novels like a Snoke book or a book about Luke training Ben in the coming weeks? A Han Solo tie in is all but confirmed too.

it's going to be a long summer, fall, winter, and spring until the next actual SW thing (Celebration 2019) after Han Solo hits theaters.

nothing could save it after TFA

Seeing Rogue One in theaters

That's literally been a plot point since AOTC.

So /swco/, post the titles of your episode VII, VIII and IX fanfictions that you thought of when you were 13

It wasn't Tumblr enough apparently.

where did i miss the military industrial complex themes in rogue one?

I really enjoyed it. I think the design of Krait, with all those read crystals, was god tier.

Luke's entrance was amazing too

I think this is what gets a lot of people. Rian was supposed to be this messiah figure to them but TLJ has all the flaws of his old films, magnified by a rushed production schedule.

BB-8 is a wonderful rolly boy and I want him to be my friend.

>Would I need to have read some of the other EU books before those?
Not really. They were the first EU novels for most people. I think they reference a few little things from earlier books but it's not like you fundamentally can't comprehend the story of the Thrawn Trilogy if you didn't read the other books set before it.

But the scene in the rain also has Kylo still helmeted.

Now, the vision does not all have to be literally true, certainly, so there's an argument for having the rain scene in IX despite the helmet being gone, but I still think it's something that happened in the past, though it may well not be the Temple massacre.

Part of my enjoyment of the movie is that it BTFO's casuals from all over the internet. It's literally TPM 2.0.

Its been comfirmed that we're getting another new cartton after Rebels later this year though

It's got an A CinemaScore, which is a more representative survey, since it comes from asking random people after screenings.

Go read catalyst, krennics entire motivation is that he want's to be important, and prove that he's somebody. Galen is all about the jedi way of not taking a side but Orson sells him out and lies to him so that he can further is career
pretty fucking good to be desu

He's still just Ball Artoo to me. I'd rather have the orgiginal.

I guarantee Kylo will have his helmet back now that he killed the guy who insulted it. I do think he'll have a kind of different design though: maybe it'll look more like Vader?

No that cartoon is being released in 2019.

>making Finn into a supporting, comic relief character
But that already happened in TFA

Daily reminder that Yoda trained Luke even though he was too old, impulsive and Darth Vader's son, while Luke couldn't be assed to teach Rey anything before dying.

Too late Jerec - I've been fighting the good fight to save Episode 9 from the abyss.

youtube.com/watch?v=6xZAzXOsEb0

>Plagueis is the literal buttmonkey Sith Lord of the franchise, flopping dead to the ground with a closeup on his drooling corpse and tongue hanging out

fitting

>though it may well not be the Temple massacre.
It isn't. I remember a while back Pablo confirmed that the rain scene isn't the temple massacre and the random bowl-helmeted guy they kill isn't meant to be someone associated with Luke's temple.

Crait is one of my favorite new planets right now. The billowing red earth effect is such a beautiful visual.

>Latino man tasered after putting down his weapon

are they
referring to poe?

Say what you will about Dooku, at least he went out with dignity. Or at least as much as you can in that situation.

No, all we know is there is another cartoon coming out. Filoni wouldn't dare debut it without hyping it up to people at a Celebration event. We already know there is no Celebration in 2018, so it will have to default to Celebration 2019, which will be spring or summer, giving the cartoon a debut of late 2019 or sometime in 2020 to let 9 have all the hype.

implying disney's trilogy isnt any worse

well we still have legends
dark horse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>marver

Yeah. He fucking deserved it because he staged a MUTINY. They literally only see boogeymen and want a reason to hate this movie

Reminder the Sequel Trilogy has no Story or Plot. Fact.

To be honest I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of Snoke. He was sort of a black hole in the new EU material that they kept writing around. He should have started showing up in Aftermath.

oh please, Dooku was literally on his knees begging before the end. Thats just another side of the same btfo coin

>at least he went out with dignity
>dies the biggest bitch death in the history of sith

part 7 should be adaptation of this

They broke a fucking lightsaber in half. You're being willfully dense.

Never mentioned the trilogy, I was talking about thrawns arc. It was far more egregious, thrawn knew things only the reader could have known

So these people want the non-whites to be the leads and at the same time for them to never suffer any kind of injury at any moment?

>begging
But he specifically didn't because Lee insisted that he wouldn't do that.

the last movie was just that

he is/was Plagueis, but this won't matter to anyone in the sequel trilogy or even be brought up until some comic book that comes out in 2021.

Here hoping these people simply eat each other

POST RADDUS CROSS SECTION PLEASE

>that Thrawn face for the first two books
Jesus fuck that looks terrible.

Further proof Poe is a retard. All that attack did was get more pilots killed.

Why can't people who liked The Last Jedi define The Last Jedi?

Unironically, YES. That is exactly what they want. And then if normie audiences didnt like that the heros never really were in danger once, they can then go right back to bitching about the inherent sexism and racism in society.

They are literally not happy if they cannot get on a soapbox and preach at someone.

>I'm literally afraid to go see this movie now
Goddamit!

Did you watch the movie?!

I'm just realizing how bad the micromanaging to make it as appealing to as many people as possible has been.

There was never any hope from the start.

Snoke takes that title easily. He's literally bragging about how he can see Kylo's thoughts and he still gets suckered.
Sure he's not a Sith but that's easily the most humiliating dark sider death in the franchise.

Would it be so terrible to introduce a new character in IX?

>Star Wars has been for and created by white men since the beginning

For Us By Us motherfucker

yes.

wtf I love The Last Jedi now

Yeah, Finn's been plucky comic relief all along. Rey gets her fair share of slapstick moments too.

It (accidentally) bought some time fo Luke to arrive.

"Then I am alone..." Luke told himself.

"I am the last of the Jedi"

He seemed to hear Ben's voice, faint and indistinct, as if from a great distance

"Not the last of the old Jedi Luke.... The first of the new"

Ben's voice trailed off into silence... and then was gone.

Even with this being written in 1991 Rian Johnson managed to fuck up The Last Jedi? This film is a mess with errors in plot, pacing and a lack of lore? Remember the compass from Pillio? Yeah shows up for a second without any relevance. There are so many of these in this film let alone Super Leia.

I seem to recall him saying something to Sidious that sounded an awful lot like begging. Something like "Wait, Master, no"?
Eh, either way he went out on his knees with no hands and died knowing that Sidious threw his life away specifically to draw Anakin in.

I wish we saw more Padawan interactions in TCW besides Ahsoka and Barriss.

Luke was the new hope in ANH
The Empire struck back at the rebels in ESB
Luke returns as Jedi / Anakin is redeemed and dies a Jedi in ROTJ

The Force calls out to Rey in TFA, but I guess we don't really know how or why it awakened

But who the fuck was/were the "Last Jedi"?

It was a weird scene because by then it felt like he had learned a lesson about not committing to reckless assaults, but then they put him in a situation where they're stuck in a base with no exit... and then it later turns out there was an exit, they just didn't look hard enough.

So the resisbels on Crait become dumb just to have an excuse for a really dull speeder fight that goes nowhere. Then once Luke shows up, oh wow turns out there IS a way out and we never thought to figure it out!

No, but it's too late to introduce a character that could save the trilogy.