What did the pollsters get wrong? Were they shills or just stupid?

What did the pollsters get wrong? Were they shills or just stupid?

They thought attempting to demoralise Trump voters into not turning out would be more effective than frightening Hillary voters into voting.

Hillary got Romney'd by PA/MI/WI and lost states that were widely considered Democrat guarantees.

they got the weighting of the demographics wrong
or in other words blacks stayed home more often.
men went vote more offten...

You know that this is going to end up going to the supreme court, right drumpfkins?

Trump will never take the oath of office

honestly this couldve been really bad for drumph
pa/mi/wi was a real save

This. They took the rust belt for granted even though it was clear that Trump was targeting them.

Most people didn't actually admit they were voting for Trump. I still keep it a secret.

Idk, MAGA

They sampled far more Democrats than Republicans/Independents to make it look like Hillary had a larger lead. They overestimated the turnout and thought it would match Obama levels. They didn't account for people who hadn't voted recently or people who switched parties for Trump. Polls ran by Jewish media like (((CNN, NYT, and NBC))) were the ones that had Clinton up +10 while more neutral polls like Reuters, LA Times, and Rasmussen had Trump ahead.

Maybe they knew President Trump was a foregone conclusion around the time the FBI reopened its investigation, and they already lost a lot of their credibility so they figured they'd just botch the polls in order to make a story on election day. Although, Florida came a little too close for that theory. Maybe their real polling showed it as more solid red

Couldn't tell yeah.

HE DIDN'T POLL SO GOOD

I really want an answer for this.
It seems like they were smoking some pretty good shit.

If he gets impeached that's completely fine by me, Hillary didn't get the office and that's all I cared about from the start, what happens now doesn't matter because we're safe

fpbp

everyone tried to save their fucking skin by tightening it up at the last second

They were stupid shills.

Shills because they constantly oversampled dems.

Stupid because they were deluded enough to believe their own bullshit.

so fucking close

Deliberately lying for the sake of demoralization. The IBD poll was out of the loop, which is why is was far more accurate than most.

the national polls were actually accurate. just the state polls weren't.

>being this delusional

You sound like the people who thought Bernie was gonna win after the DNC.

>polling favored clinton intentionally
>they believed their own bullshit
>shy trump supporters were a real thing

They were stupid shills.

What was that one poll which predicted a Trump win? I need to bookmark it for 2020

The polls were wrong on Brexit too.

Liberal cuck media not including real people in the polls.

More specifically, the Midwestern state polls. The rest of the country was fairly accurate.

>shills or just stupid

Both.

Corrupt most likely. It's a great strategy to discourage voters from going to vote. You show one candidate in the lead, seemingly winning by huge margin, his voters will still come in support of him, while his opponents will stay home, saying to themselves that their vote doesn't matter anyway.

Media was calling it decided left and right, but anyone just looking at the numbers could see that it's truly neck to neck in plenty of states. Really just few percent. Trump knew it when he went to polls, and everyone at Hillarys must have known it, it's just the spinner that kept throwing 90-10 percentages, and narrow routes for Trump. The fair way of reporting would be saying it's too close to call, that they did not do that showed clear collusion on their part.

The polls were actually rigged

Kek is real

It was all real

LA Times and IBD/TIPP

They were doing market research polls and passing them off as voter turnout polls. They memed it so hard they ended up believing their own bullshit.

keep crying loser lol try winning sometime it feels good and you get to smile instead of crying.

Clinton lost the Rust Belt for the same reason McCain lost Indiana.

These two were the most accurate for both 2012 and 2016 and 2014 midterms.

LA methodology is interesting. "Experts" like Nate Silver and pseudo-scientific statisticians tried to mock it but it has proven its superiority. It's one of the only two polls indexed on RCP that gave a Trump win in spite of being a clearly leftist paper (though not on the Clinton payroll apparently).

I find that it's mostly that today's polling systems are junk using very little or small groups of people to get there numbers instead of using reliable data methods I.E they done goofed

both

Fuck me and my spelling.

The funny thing is that technically those polls were wrong because Clinton won the national vote buy like 0.2%

Basically most of the polls were bad, but the state polls were fucking awful. Especially in Wisconsin.