I didn't really care if Trump or Clinton won...

I didn't really care if Trump or Clinton won. I leaned a little towards Clinton because of her experience and climate change stance, but I didn't vote for either. I had some trepidation last night, but was okay because he had the popular vote and President Elect Trump was the will of the American people.
Today, that is no longer the truth.
My democracy boner has been killed and is now flaccid with anger.

Fuck this.

Please leave the Union at your pleasure, California.

>"science"
>tyranny of the slight majority

then dont live in a republic you fucking idiot. forefathers built it like this for a reason. so a bunch of shit head beaners in california dont decide the election.

They didn't finish counting the votes. There's still 8% of the votes left.

lmaoing at your life

>Electors pledged vote bases on a state majority,so in essence a will of the people

Kill yourself

This. There's a bunch of absentee ballots left, which all heavily favor Trump.

He killed her in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, states Republicans haven't won in decades. Running up the score with buses of illegals in California won't change our awoovement

K.
Get out.
You are not welcome

Imagine if only the popular vote mattered.

>Be Soros
>Be rigging the machines
>Rigging multiple electoral votes from multiple states is tough work!
>However, rigging thousands upon thousands of voting machines across the country in order to add enough votes to win a tight race by popular tally is easy by comparison.
>le happy merchant face

I don't want the people of New York and California deciding policy for my life thanks.

Wouldn't have expected to be welcome at a place filled with faggots like Sup Forums :')

>Implying "in essence" is better than directly the will of the people
k.

the electoral vote was established because the common man couldn't be trusted back in the day to understand something as complicated as politics bc no mass information. Today, it's as irrelevant as the 2nd ammendment

He won the popular vote of states that haven't gone red on decades while she got the vote of a million illegal beaners in California

The rules were agreed upon before the election.
If Trump had needed to win the popular vote, he would have tweeked his campaign to win that way

That's honestly the only valid point. Not surprised it came from a canadian

My absentee ballot doesn't :)))

>under 200,000 margin

>REEEEEEEEEEE! IT'S THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE'S FAULT! UNFAIR!

Nah.
This was a close race, no matter what. This is why the electoral college should be there.
In these close races, they give a chance for things to be decided peacefully.
[spoilerino]Also gives the country a scapegoat to complain about rather than going at each other's throats every time.[/spoileroo]

>implying I give a shit

Yeah, this is fucking bullshit. Trump is going to have a real problem governing. He barely won and definitely doesn't have a mandate. There's going to be a blue wave in 2018 to pick off seats in both chambers, count on it.
Also, inspect my digits. Thank you lord kek

>i don't care
>I'm angry

make up your mind cuck

your probably an al gore fan too

Wait, Google and guardian says that about 99% of all precincts have been accounted for. Where did you get the 92% statistic?

LOL you can really tell the underaged posters who don't know that presidents that win the first term are exponentially more likely to win the second

99% of precincts, but I think it's 95 or 96% of the votes. Absentee ballots haven't been received and counted yet.

Trump will get re-elected. The Republicans will gain Senate seats in 2018.

Check it.

Trump is just a shill to get Clinton elected. You will all see when the results come in on November 28!

Ah, thanks for the response

He won by a larger electoral margin than either of Bush's elections. He completely decimated the Democrat's hold on the rust belt,and he helped Republicans pick up 30 more seats in the house than they thought they would.

Cry more.

Go fuck yourself, queer, then drink a gallon of bleach.

More likely does not equate to "will".

That user's right.
Everything's come up red this year.
The house has been in Republican hands since 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

The pendulum doesn't stop swinging. It's been on the way to the right for a while, and now it's hit max right.
>The house being overturned in 2018 is highly possible, which would lead to Trump being a lame duck.
>Trump being a lame duck would lead to no MAGA.
>No MAGA means pissed off country folk
>Pissed off country folk means more chances for Dems to take back that rust belt

Faggots thinking their meme magic worked and they can stop now are naive.
It's going to be tough 2 years from now, and possibly even tougher 4 years from now.

>tens of thousands of illegals probably voted for Clinton, no thanks to King Obama himself
>guaranteed election fraud in many counties that somehow magically all favor Clinton
>dead people waking up and all voting Clinton
>MI, AZ, and NH are not tallied up yet, which will push the voter margins closer

You are a fucking disgrace, do you know that?

I am 100% sure this bait, but I'm going to respond anyway

It's to give all states a fair say. Otherwise California, NY, Texas and Florida would just shaft the rest of the union. The President doesn't represent the people, he represents the states as a collective. Hence, the states pick him.

The House of representatives is the representatives of the people, not the president.

Here's a Brit who knows what he's talking about.

Trump didn't break through the Blue Wall--he bulldozed the motherfucker.

He can't be trusted today either. Look at how many voted for Clinton. Better to keep the system so far.

Exactly. The country was set up largely to make it difficult for power to be concentrated in any one person or group. Whether that be a house of Congress, or the presidency, or large, populous states, or the courts, or the military, or whatever. The Electoral College works the way it does for a reason. Furthermore, thems the rules, every single election. All candidates are subject to the rules, every candidate knows this going in.

It's republic, not democracy. Idiots

nice job pol, know any other words than "kill yourself"? ;)

more of an indirect democracy, but sure, why not?

CLINTON IS NOT THE WILL OF THE AMERICA PEOPLE. SHE IS THE WILL OF CALIFORNIAN VOTERS

That's weird, before I sleep yesterday Trump was ahead of almost 2 million votes.

Did the democrat try to rig the machines on california?