ITT:

golden age/public domain heroes

I start with the best

Steamboat

Tarzan, James Bond, and Zorro are now public domain.

Imagine all the others that would be if Disney didn't lobby to expand copyright.

IKR! also james bond is public domain?

Yep.

Big caveat though. It's the Bond from the original Fleming books. So anything that was added in the movies is off limits.

right book version but book bond is not public domain in the usa though of course right?

bump

I think he's PD in Canada.

TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION

1. Anybody find some cool public domain alien races?

2. What are some non-powered heroes in need of powering up?

3. Give a public domain superhero an evil mirror universe version.

thats what i thought darn

>The World's Mightiest Mistake

>Stardust will never ironically punish Hiroshimoot for forcing Russian spyware onto Sup Forums

the tharks are a pretty cool alien race from the barsoom/john carter series by edgar rice burroughs

allan moore used them in the league of extraordinary gentlemen

kek

That ain't Blue Bolt or Black Terror. Stardust is good but not the best.

>this thread again

>implying stardust is not the best

So kind of like the Wizard of Oz. You can use the characters from the book, but you can't use the ruby slippers because that's from the movie.

yeah i guess so

Why the hate user?

"You are now in the power of Stardust" is a really good catchphrase

Not hate, just perplexed. The charm of thease threads dies off when we make them generals.

what does public domain mean?

He also used Stardust in one of the prose portions

No longer under copyright

>What are some non-powered heroes in need of powering up?
If your only idea to improve a character is to give them superpowers, you don't have any good ideas. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of non-powered vigilantes.

can he win?

oh cool

Isn't Mickey Mouse supposed to be public domain soon? I know there's this thing where Disney keep altering the law, but isn't the Mouse soon to be everybody's property?

Personally, I think that the Mouse is Stardust's natural arch enemy.

Another space explorer considers him a grotesque monster and traps him in a vat of ice-9. I think it's in one of the Minions off the Moon segments.

Means it's not under copyright and everybody can use the character/thing.

Most classical music is public domain for instance, as are Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and Sherlock Holmes. This means anybody can use them for any story any way they like without needing to pay.

How did he pull that off?

Captain Universe won out of luck (Stardust was also drunk while fighting).

Is their fight actually drawn out or did it happen off screen? I want to see this.

Off screen. The whole story is a text piece where Captain Universe recounts his story about how he trapped Stardust in his own prison.