youtu.be/lGtF0LDWLMY
youtu.be/f9QhOmvntHY
youtu.be/8UsEjrWqvuE
youtu.be/VP-wzzM3S0I
youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not Cesar Romero

Agreed.

>Normie youtubers said that he would become the least liked joker once Jared Leto entered the stage
youtube.com/watch?v=yjD9X2mPIXY

I never saw the appeal. He just seems like Jack Nicholson in white facepaint, not really much of a Joker performance at all except that it was the first movie that had the Joker as a character. And I think that's the only reason anyone brings him up still. He was the first (movie) Joker, so he gets the reputation of being the official / standard Joker or something. And this might not have even been bad except that I don't think Jack Nicholson's natural personality has much to do with the Joker character. Him playing himself worked great in The Shining since that was a character pretty similar to his personality in contrast (impulsive / abusive jock type who would believably succumb to temptations from malevolent supernatural forces in exchange for getting to indulge in the alcohol he was cut off from). Joker's not some jock asshole though, he's malicious but in a totally different way.
Anyway, Heath Ledger was the actual best Joker as far as I'm concerned. He at least did something with the character instead of just playing himself in a costume.

I don't think anyone could have guessed Jared Leto and the creative staff on that film would have collectively fucked up so badly. It was all so bad, I don't even

this

Eh, it wasn't really Leto's fault. He only did what they told him.
I think he can still do a great Joker with a better script and director.

Love that Joker!

At last, an excuse to post this:
youtube.com/watch?v=D9JTPd9tb8Y

>is too much of a diva to shave his mustache, ruining the Joker's iconic look
>"CESAR ROMERO IS TEH BEST"
>better than Nicholson
>better than Hamill
>a petulant asshole who couldn't be bothered to shave a fucking mustache for the betterment of his character is the best Joker
Neck yourselves.

Not shaving the mustache is the charm.

they are all good

But Joker isn't the type to grow a mustache. All he had to do was shave it and he would have actually looked a good bit like the comic book character. Instead they tried to hide it under white face paint, and did a terrible job of it.

Nah it adds to the silly charm.

Nigga have you realized that back in the 60s you couldn't even see his mustache because the TV image quality wasn't that good? No one could see the mustache til 20 years from now

Touche.

He was fun
youtu.be/sU8mj9lid0s
youtu.be/lGtF0LDWLMY
youtu.be/f9QhOmvntHY

He was the best crab.

>20 years from now
Apparently I got so mad that I ended fucking things up

Cesar Joker was honestly my least favorite of the Villainous Quartet (Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman). Gorshin's Riddler felt more like the Joker than Romero.

youtu.be/8UsEjrWqvuE

where's Hamill

Even in the 60s, you didn't fuck with Alfred.

I don't get it. All I see in these clips is what may be the most unfunny Joker I've ever seen. Even when he laughs it's unconvincing. He doesn't seem to delight in doing evil the way the best iterations do. Instead he's just a common criminal with a clown shtick.

Implying this isn't the definitive joker

>common criminal with a clown shtick
Yep, that is what The Joker used to be before he got popular.
IIRC Romero made him popular again and they brought the character back in the comics. Before that, Riddler and Penguin were Batman main villains.

I was waiting for this.

>Eh, it wasn't really Leto's fault. He only did what they told him.
It's an actor's job to take the part seriously enough to call out when the director/screenwriter is asking for bullshit, only Jared Leto was too busy sexually harassing and generally being a tool to his co-stars to get any kind of creative influence in beyond HONKAHONKA

Definitely my favorite live action joker, only because I grew up with this film. Plus his lines are pretty memorable.
>Never rub another man's rhubarb.
>Where does he get those wonderful toys?
>This town needs an enema!
>Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

>the Clown Prince of Crime records mediocre vidya reviews with Bootsy and some fat fuck
Missed his calling.

He was ruthlessly violent without being a complete edgelord and still remained funny. I wouldn't say the best Joker, I don't know what the fuck metrics would be behind determining that, but he was definitely the most entertaining one.

There is only so much you can divert from an actor's performance. Leto did an awful job regardless of direction. The mannerisms, the laugh, it was all really shitty.

But that isn't the JOKER BABY!

>He just seems like Jack Nicholson in white facepaint, not really much of a Joker performance at all except that it was the first movie that had the Joker as a character.

This

and people will still get ass blasted when you tell them.

I liked the mannerisms (cept the growling) and the laugh in the begging of this vid youtu.be/VP-wzzM3S0I

The rest was bad but I think the can get better.
Also, he needs to lose the face tats and maybe lose some muscle mass, get skinnier.

People say that Jack Nicholson was just playing an exaggerated version of himself as if it's in itself a criticism. I think it works because Nicholson's personality is already so cartoonish that it only needed minor tweaking to be a great interpretation of the Joker.

How about a batman story where there's multiple versions of the joker working together? Romero's prankster, nicholson's gangster, ledger's nihilist, ledo's sadist, hamill's unpredictable, richardson's freak/outcast

I'd watch it and I doubt they would get along

Romero, Nicholson, Ledger and Hamill all did fantastic jobs with the Joker. Leto was not a good Joker at all.

>But Joker isn't the type to grow a mustache
ur retarded man

Did somebody call for the best Joker?

>YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO STOP MY GIGANTIC BONER BATNERD! AHAHAHAHA!

melvin

>ur retarded
Well gosh, you certainly proved me wrong. You must have been captain of your school's debate team.

>>Uh Oh ,he don't like happy. He's been using BRAND Xssssssss. But with new and improved JOKER BRAND I get a Grin again and AGAIN

Have fun motherfucka

>Yep, that is what The Joker used to be before he got popular.
It's weird, in their first caper, Batman was cracking wise more than Joker.

even this amateur did a better joker than fucking leto

>senile grandpa who thinks he's a teenager now
>criminal boss with anger management issues having to deal with his fucked up family
>misunderstood anarchist older son who tries to commit sudoku all the time
>drug addicted younger son who wants to surpass his older brother but takes everything too far

thing is, despite their obvious pros and cons (visual style, speech patterns, mannerisms and gestures, long speeches or short quips), all of the Jokers are valid and entertaining to some extent, all are faithful to the o.g. comics as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5dGx7vRtqA