Is Steven Universe any good?

Is Steven Universe any good?

The only instance of a western cartoon where I'd recommend skipping episodes

fuck no
also, is that the same person that made the "proud to be a cuck" comic?
one of many where I'd recommend skipping all episodes

Its a great show for kids.

Yes, it is the same artist.

Fuck that bitch for appropriating the debukemo FAT shirt.

>1-1.5M views per episode
>generally active fandom
>generally positive ratings
by all accounts its a pretty successful show, although whether its "good" is subjective and depends heavily on who you ask
reddit and tumblr are fairly positive, if only because only people who like it will join the discussion, whereas Sup Forums has a patholigcal hatred of feminity, whether good or bad, and so will have a heated view of it

No, OP's panel comes from guest comic about furries having sex

Early on it is great but after a while it starts to get worse and worse.

It's really not.

this is the only correct response.

It's an alright cartoon just depends how much patience you have, it has its problems but it has its positives too.

This. The first season is legitimately great, but I have never seen another show tank so hard so quickly after that.

>sjw universe
>ever good
It really is Sup Forumsmblr here

Yeah, it's SJW nonsense, that's why the single white male father, literally the patriarch, is depicted as one of the wisest, most dedicated and caring people in the entire show.

Don't forget about the straight, white male main character

>is depicted as one of the wisest, most dedicated and caring people in the entire show.
>Doesn't take care of his son most of the time.
>Let's his son go on adventures that really might kill him
>Let's a bunch of lesbian rocks take care of him
Yeah, he sure is a good father.

t. someone who hasn't seen the show

>Is there for his son when he needs him
>Understands there are things he isn't qualified to teach
>Has taken a more active role with the lesbian rocks after overcoming his hangups

I'm literally caught up on all the episodes. Steven's dad fucking sucks. He's really neglectful, but he shows up just enough time for fans to have a flimsy defense. At best, he's just an okay dad.

>Understands there are things he isn't qualified to teach
There are things not even regular parents know what to teach their children. A good parent though goes through the effort of trying to know. It's like with children with special needs. No parent anticipates it, and a lot of them don't know what to do at first, but they go through the trouble of finding out anyway.

>He's really neglectful
Under the circumstances he's in, not really

Cluster arc? Cluster arc.

He could be living with his son like a normal parent. Yet he still chooses to live in his car for no reason. He barely has a presence in Steven's life.

Yeah, but Sup Forums is full of whiners that say otherwise.

the MC is fat and annoying, the women are ugly, the story is convoluted, the songs are stupid, the schedule is horrific, the fandom is a nightmare, the lewds are meh.

It's okay, I guess. I'd like to be watching something better, but it's generally an entertaining 10 minutes per episode.

Judging by how popular it is, I would have to disagree.

If your kid has a knack for particle physics and you know some particle physicists, you'd probably be more likely to let them teach it than try to figure it out yourself.

>He barely has a presence in Steven's life.
There's no indication of that. There's never been any point where it's treated as being an unusual or rare thing for Steven to go over and spend time with Greg. Several episodes start out with him just being at the car wash without any special occasion. Everything points to them interacting fairly often.

So, imagine going to the party that was made by married couple. The party is ok, you got booze, and that's everything that you came for. But there is some spoiled child of that couple, running around and doing retarded shit... whatever.
And suddenly, child come to you and starts kicking your leg. So you are trying to stop him, but he just starts it over again. You look at his parents, asking them to stop him, but just start:
- Ahhh, isn't he cute?! Let him play.
So you wait a little bit, hoping he get bored, but suddenly little fucker punch you in the balls.

And then you drop this little asshole from the fifth floor, murder his family and put their guts on the house.

That's how I generally felt watching the show.

You have problems.

The fuck is murrsuiting?

Why is this “artist” so degenerate?

Duh.

It's okay, but the only reason I'm still watching is to see what they'll do with Jasper

Watch Giant Woman, Steven the Sword Fighter, Maximum Capacity, and Rose's Scabbard.

is that zuke?

>tumblr says it's tumblr pandering
>that means it's tumblr pandering
I admitidly can't speak for newer episodes since I dropped it but from what I saw the only time it pandered to tumblr was beach city drift when they decided to see how appeasing tumblr would go.

His only flaw is not sending his son to school.
To be fair it's a really big flaw and I will always hate him for it no matter what but it is the only flaw.

I'm not even going to look up what "murrsuiting" is because this artist is fucking gross low life.
But to answer the question no, Steven Universe is not a "good" show. It barely scratches decent.
It gets in it's own way trying to be deep or force some cryptic LGBTP message shit.
It has some amusing characters and amusing moments which is why so many degenerates love it so much because they can pluck those characters out of the show and stick them in some fanfic.
I think even the most hardcore SU fan doesn't watch for the show it's self but for validation to their ships.

Who forced you to watch it?

It is a good concept handled as poorly as possible in all areas. I loved this show, but I've had enough of all the bullshit that comes with it. The inconsistent schedule, artwork, episodes, etc, etc. It's all driven me to just hating the show. When I heard there were leaks I didn't bother looking. When I heard it was finally back on air after months of hiatus I didn't bother setting my DVR.

My utter belief, that you can't say shit about something, if you haven't seen it.
But why do you ask? Did I make your existence, of a man who wants to kill a mineral with his penis, more uncomfortable?

Sardonyx arc, Cluster arc and then s3 and s4 happened.

I get why one would hate the Cluster arc and s4
But what's wrong with Sardonyx arc and s3?

There are plenty of reasons to believe that SU is a bad show that have nothing to do with hating feminity.

The bad schedule, the absolute glacial pace, the many plot irrelevant episodes, the horribly inconsistent character models etc.

SU had a lot of potential, but they wasted a lot of it by both being screwed over and making poor desisions on their own.

>murrsuiting
What... even...

>Steven
>straight
That's debatable.

>the schedule
>*takes your favorite show and puts it on CN*
now your show is bad too

>My utter belief, that you can't say shit about something, if you haven't seen it.
This is I stated to watch it in the first place.
SUfags pulled the "You can't judge it if you haven't watched it" so I marathoned the show up to the Malachite episode.
And my criticisms still stood but I did understand the reason why it appealed to certain people.

That's why I said it was partially because they were being screwed over.

What's it like not being able to read, user?

Let me be the unpopular opinion of the thread: Steven Universe is a great show.

It does have problems, but literally every show has problems because they're made by living breathing humans who are subject to flaws.

It's fine if you personally don't like the show, but don't go around acting like a douchebag who shits on the hard work of board artists and compares them to decades old cartoons.

Also, the airing schedule is NOT a fault of the show and is the result of the bomb format getting good ratings

I can kind of seeing that be alright. Maybe his dad just believes in homeschooling, which is pretty normal.

Or maybe Steven is not a legal person.

this show has a way of hitting you right in the feels, and you don't even understand why. Some people are immune to this, they won't make in past the 1st season. However, ultimately the quality falls off, so even if you fall in love with the show, you are doomed to be disappointed.

I looked it up and apparently "murr" is the new yiff. Means the same thing. While yiffing was based on fox sounds, murr is apparently based on dog sounds.

>this show has a way of hitting you right in the feels
I'm not a stoic person. Hell, I get teary eyed a lot while watching tv shows and movies. However, I never ever get emotional while watching Steven Universe.

Same.
I think people who say that are overreacting or trying to make the show appear "deep".
WWE wrestler Xavier Woods claimed he cried while watching SU but I thinnk he's just pandering to the SU crowd.

That makes sense, oddly enough. Back in the 90s when the term 'yiff' was coined, foxes were all the rage in the furry scene, whereas today's degenerates are obsessed with dog/wolf suits.

Still sounds dumb, though. Yiff at least *sounds* sexual, but "murr" sounds like something a literal retard would say.

It starts out good. You get interested in the characters and you want to find out what will happen to them. Then it just stagnates, the art direction tanks, and you have to wait months for new episodes.

He has to go back.

>Is there for his son when he needs him
When will this meme end? A son always needs his father, to be there if nothing else. Instead Greg just leaves him alone for weeks on end, with the Gems often being away as well, cutting him off from any human contact during his developing years. He could easily come by after work and cook something for them to eat, or chat with him about their day, or just watch TV together, but no. He spends all day in a van instead. What a stand up guy.

No.
Making the audience feel is as easy making them care about the characters, and then giving the character a difficult time. SU does the latter frequently but the characters it has are so cliche and predictable only already emotional people find them relatable or their struggles compelling.

This.
I am really getting angry at the amount of whining from Sup Forums over the show.
If you don't like it, watch something else. Everyone is aware of the flaws this show has, it doesn't take your sorry ass to re-iterate them for the tenth time today!
We have dozens of these threads every day where people nitpick everything they can find combing over the show.
Are you all hate-watching it several times or what?
Is this some mob mentality thing where you have your group allegiance to people who shit on SU?
Isn't there something else airing you can hate, or better, like?
Hell, I started watching Big Hero 6 and dropped that shit five minutes in because it looks like cancer. Yet you don't see me screaming the obvious from the rooftops all day.

Correct. Neither Steven nor the Gems have paperwork as far as we know. This came up in Last One Out of Beach City. Steven is not in school because they would require documentation and Greg cannot even state a mother or provide a birth certificate. He has likely never been seen by a doctor, either. Good thing he has healing powers.

Back where? He was born in Beach City. His father is a legal citizen. Maybe if you got official sanction to make the Temple extraterritorial, you could confine him there. But otherwise, "space" is not a place you can deport to and Homeworld is not recognized to exist.

If he likes "Homeworld" enough to call it Homeworld he can go back there.

Well, it's the only name the place has.
Also he could file as a political refugee because he is demonstrably being politically persecuted by Homeworld authorities.
The problem is that all legal arguments here apply to humans only.
Steven being something not entirely human would be a completely new legal category if he was ever discovered and his circumstances being evaluated by the government.
Also there is probably some law regarding native populations who live on their ancestral lands without US government control.
The Gems being far older than the US might qualify in some ways.

i only ever got emotional at the greg episodes because my dreams of becoming an artist.

This show is trash emotional bait and you should feel bad.