Why doesn't he actually try to convince the others he's been dying and coming back to life all this time...

Why doesn't he actually try to convince the others he's been dying and coming back to life all this time? He only tried like in that one episode. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to convince Stan or Kyle something was up long enough to get them to help? It just doesn't like he's really that serious about solving his situation most of the time...

Other urls found in this thread:

cheylouwho.tumblr.com/post/168694029801/i-havent-seen-these-uploaded-and-theyre-just
torivic.tumblr.com/post/167913169267/kenny-they-were-bad-people-trust-me-karen
youtube.com/watch?v=lW3RwoGLR2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wonder if Cartman knowing is still canon, he bought it up all the way back in season 3

I don't think he'd see any point in it.
he uses this to his advantage as a super hero.
why would he want to change it now?
he would consider losing this "power" to be a bad thing, because should anything happen to him, he wouldn't come back to protect his sister.
kenny x karen fags will flock to this shit.
ever heard of platonic sibling love? oh wait, this IS Sup Forums.....

also, anyone else keep getting "Our system thinks your post is spam, please reformat and try again" ?

Was it a one off joke or did he actually know

He tried in that one episode though. Im sure he'd appreciate they're help.

The point would obviously be to try and get rid of the curse, because as he made clear in a previous episode, his deaths are very painful, and it bothers him that no one believes him.

Kenny's love for Karen is greatest than his despair and that, my dude, is what makes the ship glorious.
inb4 "like clockwork"

It was in Cartman land, where Cartman says "kenny? he dies all the time!" back in season 3 its probably was a one off joke but they can use it as a plot point.

Why didnt he film it or do some failsafe thing

it's the same idea as when those monsters that rebuild themselves after you smash them, just move the pieces away and make sure the cant move back

There's no reason for him to assume Karen will always need his help. She doesn't get into danger that often.

Exactly, he could just film one of his death and birthing sessions, and give the others a copy of the tape, that'd be enough to get them thinking maybe something really is going on, and then they'd probably be willing to help do some investigating the cult of Cthulu or whatever. Maye probe his parents for answers.

It actually seems she doesn't like him anymore
cheylouwho.tumblr.com/post/168694029801/i-havent-seen-these-uploaded-and-theyre-just

She goes through a goth phase in the upcoming DLC for the game I'm assuming? Logic would dictate this will and her in trouble and he'll have to come save her, and will thus end up winning her back again. Maybe some freaky goth ritual will put her in harms way.

Vamps, actually. The DLC is about teaming up with the goths to take down the vamps.

And they manage to do it. But it seems Karen will turn goth in the end and resent Mysterion regardless.
torivic.tumblr.com/post/167913169267/kenny-they-were-bad-people-trust-me-karen

Whatever about his whole adventures as Mysterion, I was always really hopeful they'd do a neat story wherein the other boys and townsfolk would discover the truth about his dying and coming back to life. Honestly, after the episode where they literally implied god was this giant, fucked-up bird monster thing, and then it just breaks into the school out of nowhere and mauls him to death at the end, I kinda lost all hope they'd ever bother taking his situation seriously. Talk about a downbeat ending. Especially after him playing hero to his sis for most of the episode, kinda felt like he deserved better. MUCH better...

Sad, but it's probably only temporary because he's looking out for her and interrupting her fun. Im sure Karen wouldn't hate Gaurdian angel forever.

I'd hate him too if he didn't let me have any friends.

Yeah what's up with that? Maybe he's only protecting her because they're doing something dangerous? It seems shitty of him to stop her hanging with them otherwise. That's just mean. Kinda seems unusual of Kenny too..

On the other hand, it does seem characteristic of Trey and Matt, who seem to like torturing the character more than anything else. Will he lose the love of his sister now as well, and be entirely alone? That would give him good cause to kill himself once and for all....ugh. This is bleak.

The Vamp Kids as "Friends"
>The FUCKING Goth Kids as "Friends"
Kenny doesnt want her making any "friends" because a vast majority of the kids in South Park are utterly fucked in the head (including him). He wants Karen to have a better future than he or his own friends have, or most of the town itself for that matter. He does NOT want his sister to end up as literal angst-ridden trash who won't amount to anything in life, and may just end up becoming an utter monster who fucks other people over for her own amusement (The Goth Kids, every time).

dude, at least use the bigger image

Well I guess the assumption here is that most people go through phases like Goth and Vamp for a while and then grow-up. It's not like she'd be that way by the time she reached 21. If you ask me, it still seems mean of Kenny to not let her fall in with a social clique just because he doesn't like it. That would be like if someone told you you couldn't hang out with nerdy-ass gamers, and needed you some sports-loving friends.

Dude, he literally says "Now go back home before your parents wake up from their drug binge"

They have explained that there is some sort of glamour/memory erasure spell in place where everyone forgets it when it happens.

The first season also established that even recording his death (as seen with Kenny's death being recorded and sent to America's Funniest Home Videos) doesn't break said glamour/amnesia spell.

Also, Kenny openly stated that he finds his death/rebirth cycle to be horrific and knowing his "friends" they'd force him to exploit his immortality for their own vulgar profit. They would force Kenny to die again and again and again etc for their own selfish amusement and to make money for themselves and themselves only.

At this point I only wish they used Kenny for something...

I think that was the first Kenny death in seasons, so it being out of nowhere and with such a ridiculous sight makes it funny

new south park is shit

doesn't it have to do with his orange parka? timmy gave it to jimmy as a present to try and get him killed.

i guess timmy knows about kenny's dying too.

They really did write themselves into a corner with this joke and this character.

People not knowing about it is a part of the curse, for all we know he's already tried like a million times off-screen

new south park has its moments but because of mat and tray not being able to take a loss a lot of episodes are ruined by trump

This is the only time Kenny has ever had a shower. Prove me wrong.

can any drawfags draw up a zen cartman + angel wendy pic?

its the best phone destroyer ship

I didn't find it funny at all, I thought it just came across as strange, cruel and pointless. The foreboding music and his terrified screams diminished any sense of fun about it, and cartman still finding reason to whine about his poorness instead of just being freaked out by the sight of the bird like everyone else leaned too far into crazy territory for me.

It was more of a fuck you to cartman than anything to do with kenny. We already know he's fine.

God being a giant, mercilessly cruel monster that wants you dead for trying to do the right thing doesn't fit my criteria for "fine" very well.

You see, the scene kind of implies that any attempt on Kenny's behalf to use his "powers" or "curse" or whatever you want to label it, to do good, will always be rewarded with more suffering. When he dies normally for doing nothing, that's cruel, even if it is a joke, but for me this scene really deflated my personal hope that his heroics and the suffering he's been through that's got him this far, would actually be recognized or even rewarded. Instead, it kinda seems like a blatant slap in the face to Kenny, that says "Sorry, within the universe of the show, it looks like even god wants you to dead." Thus it becomes kinda naive to ever allow yourself to feel optimistic about the idea that one day, Kenny might actually get some sort of deserved recognition for all the shit he's been through. Instead, we'll just get endless jokes about him dying horribly, while Cartman continues to be an uncaring, selfish piece of shit.

they could try something like this video that I stumbled onto
youtube.com/watch?v=lW3RwoGLR2Y

Because it would be boring.

Because he's accepted it and uses it as a power instead of a curse when he moonlights as Mysterion.

Theres also a scene where Kennys mom just has another baby, and it turns out to be kenny and his dad is like "What is this, the 107th time this has happened" and she says something like "109th"

I haven't seen that episode in a while, but was it really supposed to be god? I thought god was the hippo cat thing.

>tumblr filename
>Whines about "muh mean spirit"
>Doesn't know that God was already on south park

God was implied to be a hippo cat in an old episode, and a giant bird "in charge of everything" in this episode. So that a giant bird, presumably one who's in charge of everything, shows up, mauls poor to death in a particularly brutally and unexpected fashion and then flies off, leaving Stan particularly shocked. "Dude...wtf?!"

Unless we somehow later learn that Kenny is the route of all evil, I found this to be a particularly nasty implication. It was made worse so by virtue of the fact that Kenny spent the rest of the episode standing up for his sister and punishing the wicked kids who were picking on her.

No, it was a reference to what the agnostic parents said

>We cannot know for certain if God or Christ existed. They could. Then again there could be a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything. Can we be certain there isn't? No, so it's pointless to talk about.

This whole post just reeks of autism

Kenny is cursed, this has nothing to do with God or the giant reptilian bird, who was just a consequence of the curse just like all his past deaths, it probably has something to do with his parents going to that Cthulhu club or something

Kenny's deaths just happen, stop with your angst

I suppose you could also argue that the reason "God bird" shows up in kills him is because he knows Kenny belongs in Heaven or the afterlife or whatever, but again, this is a pretty cruel depiction of god compared to the cat hippo from the old episode.

>When even God Itself despises you and everything about you
Well, guess you can't really expect much else when you're literally the spawn of a demonic cosmic horror that seeks to plunge the world into eternal darkness. It's only fair that the Creator would try to kill you before you come into your own and decide to destroy everything one day.

how about you two stop being cum-guzzling faggots instead, Hmmm? Ever thought of that?

Yeah but apparently his curse is so powerful that it's enough to make a giant bird (that is implied to be god) appear out of nowhere and kill him? Wtf?

If they didnt want to imply that the bird was god, then why have the agnostics utter that line earlier? Like, this was not a normal Kenny death for me. Most of his deaths are pretty silly, but this one was a little disturbing for me. Just seemed to convey quite a bit of menace.

This is the one thing that does alleviate the menace of this moment; the possibility that Kenny is in fact, evil incarnate and does need to be stopped. I still find this a little cynical though, he grow up poor and disenfranchised, then tried to help everybody as Mysterion. I feel like the boy that is Kenny deserves to be set free, even if there is a demon spirit in him that needs to be stopped!

So what? he'll come back anyways. If I were God I'd take advantage of that.

South Park has multiple actual deities just existing in their universe, so it's not too far-fetched to believe the giant reptilian bird is just another one of them

Resorting to name calling only means you’ve lost the argument

Or maybe you just don't care, which seems also likely

It was a joke, the joke was that the agnostics were all like "of course a giant reptilian bird could exist and be in charge of everything but we can't know for sure" (technically their version of the giant spaghetti monster) and ironically, the giant reptilian bird was real, it wasn't THE fucking god, it was just real

He did take advantage of that, in the PSP episode

Yeah, but not by killing him. Why would god murder a kid?
Right. I still found it menacing though. Like, some of his previous deaths were funny and creative, but this was just like, "dude, this is not what we wanna see happen to someone who just did some brave selfless stuff. Just give him a break. Kid saved his sister.."

I mean it's pretty clear that they intended to convey a sense of menace too, because all the kids scream, and Kenny is screaming the whole time, and Stan is very shocked at the end. It's not like those instances in the past where he and Kyle are just like "yeah, right, kenny's dead, whatever..."

>Yeah, but not by killing him. Why would god murder a kid?
So he can help him in the war against Hell obviously, I wonder if Kenny being the best at the PSP game was a coincidence or if it was planned by God, taking advantage of Kenny's immortality
>some of his previous deaths were funny and creative, but this was just like, "dude, this is not what we wanna see happen to someone who just did some brave selfless stuff. Just give him a break. Kid saved his sister.."
Kenny always comes back so it's not an actual problem, some of his past deaths were also waaaaay more brutal and gruesome than the one in The Poor Kid, the surprising part here was the Giant Reptilian Bird being real
True, but I still found it funny, maybe I'm just messed up

It is a problem for Kenny, who's suffering immensely. Don't say "Kenny's not real!" I know he's not real, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be nice to see him have a happy ending, or it's enjoyable to always see him get tortured, ESPECIALLY when he's a hero. Hero's deserve to be commended for their efforts and struggles.
You'll notice how, at the end of Lord of The Rings, The giant birds there don't eat Frodo and his friends, they fly them home to safety where they're celebrated for saving the day. Wouldn't be quite the same if they just got shot in the head and buried in the dung, would it?

Ancient voodoo curse

Move along.

Hey

South Park's a comedy, part of the way the do comedy is by subverting your expectations, which is why the "hero" can also have a bad ending

>fictional good deeds should be rewarded
I hate this mindset. If they want to make their world unfair they should, making all of fiction a meritocracy is retarded.

But this isn't LotR, it's south park. The premise behind Kenny's character is that he dies and his death in that particular episode was the payoff to a joke told early on.

>we
Stop this. I like heroic characters getting shit on, makes them all the more heroic.

That's some serious bias you're showing here. Kenny dying wasn't always a whatever to the kids, they used to take it fairly bad until season 3, and then you have the previous Mysterion episodes where they're all shocked that he commits suicide (twice).

God I hate this attitude. Fuck off.

I don't. That's actually a big part of the reason that people consume stories and why fantasy and fiction often involves Heroes saving the day, and then being rewarded or acknowledged or honoured in some way for their efforts. That's how we identify heroes - they have certain attributes that make them stand out in some good way from the rest of the tribe. You can hear some very interesting points about this from Jordan Peterson if you're interested, I'm really just repeating him.

Also,
I don't think ALL of fiction should be this way all of the time. Obviously tons of it isn't, but I personally think it would be a very good and cathartic conclusion to Kenny's arc.

Agreed, I'm simply saying I hope it culminates in positive way for him. Him getting shit on a bunch of times in the mean time only serves to make a potential happy end all the better. >Having a sense of Justice? What is this? A place other than the broken home I grew up in?!

And I think it would suck and fly in the face of all that the show has established. This isn't fucking Star Wars.

I never said it was always a whatever, I just said it wasn't like some of the previous ones where it WAS a whatever.

Also, they definitely didn't always take it badly, I remember in the underpants gnome episode they didn't care whether or which, and there other there earlier on where it wasn't such a big deal.

All I said was this one conveyed quite a bit of menace.

Im not sure that's technically accurate, because in the first movie he behaves selflessly and is rewarded by being sent to heaven. So the show has already demonstrated an inclination towards showing reverence towards him with relation to his death predicament.

The only difference here, would be that he'd perhaps be taking that to the next level. Also, I'm glad it's not Star Wars. Not mad about Star wars, me...

>projecting this hard
Was it autism?

The movie was a movie, it had to have an ending, Kenny doesn't have an "arc", dying and coming back is part of his character
>is rewarded by being sent to heaven
He's back in South Park next episode

>Or maybe you just don't care, which seems also likely
This is most certainly the case. Kindly fuck off if you're going to stirr-up Tumblr-tier drama over people theorizing on the supernatural nature of a bloody fictional kid and a giant bird manifestation of God.

They started having kenny die at the end of seasons for some reason or just having him die off screen.

He does have an arc, because initially he just died, then he was written out, then he came back and died rarely, then he became Mysterion and developed a fairly pronounced sense of justice. Kenny has probably undergone more changes than any of the other four main boys (or even the likes of Butters or Tweek or Craig) just by the measure alone.

They could easily do a Kenny-centric episode (or episodes) that resolves his immortality predicated positively and then the show carries on as per usual OR they could potential resolve his situation at the end of the show whenever it happens to end. So he absolutely has had an arc that hasn't yet concluded.

Don't start on tumblr-tier drama while posting tumblr-tier fanart of a tumblr-tier pairing from fucking tumblr.
>creek replaced kenny in the finale
fucking bs.

the fanart and drama might be tumblr but creek is a pixiv ship

you boys ready to get festive with your literal shit tier legendary cards?

Probably because its far too much effort, especially when everyones memories are completely rewritten to omit his death whenever he returns. It could also be possible that even if he did convince someone, they'll lose memory of this knowledge the next time he dies and returns.

I personally feel if the other characters knew, it would ruin the gag completely.

These are just one liners meant as a wink to the audience. I remember there was an episode where kenny died, and stan's like "well, who didn't see that coming?"

Im dissapointed it isn't santa with a baseball bat.

Because Matt and Trey forgotten about that and stopped caring.

If it makes you feel better, that particular death wasn't funny to me either. You see Kenny being a great brother to his sister and then at the end for no reason he's killed horrifically. I just wasn't a big fan of the screams, I guess. One of those times where it was too graphic to actually be funny.

im just happy for a neutral event so I can get more mats, events are the only real surefire way to get materials

plus the chance for those collectible legendary cards is fun even though no good player would ever use them

Holy shit, that sounds amazing!

stats are too weak and energy cost is too much

basically hes a single rat who buffs charges
if he cost 2 or had 3 energy cost assassin stats he would actually be viable but he just looks like another niche card that youve got to build around to get cute with at low ranks and a waste of energy at high ranks

BUT there is still hope since PC principal was spoiled with 1 extra energy cost than he was released at so if hanky DOES end up as a 2 energy card he'll be usable, if he is sent out as a 1 energy card he'll be strong

past that I hope he leaves a poopy trail and poop marks on enemys he hits

there's also the one during the flag debates episode

Kenny eats a bowl of antacids and explode, everybody laughs and Stan says "okay, that was a good one"

the whole not being able to die only happened in the Coon and Friends trilogy

they weren't planning this for 20 years

big swaps, if you like Red youll like the newest patch
noobs overestimated both catapult timmy and purifys nerf but they basically fixed sci-fi and made it viable, stan the great is now the strongest fighter in the game with one of the strongest abilities in the game

>Red is now Top Tier

brb, changing my deck to Sci-Fi/Something Else

the people of southpark are SUPER retarded. rock solid evidence doesnt work on them. kenny gave up trying to explain.

purify was really holding a lot of cards back
Red has permanent poison and drops a decent fighter

some were even forcing it before purify was even confirmed for nerfs which is why she jumped straight from not on the list to the top best cards, mecha timmy made a little jump too now that it has some support in its theme but its still a legendary card

funny enough I think fantasy might be the weakest theme in the game due to its lack of supportive cards even if it has the best fighter, best ranger, and best assassins in the game

who cares