Oh no

Oh no.

In other news.

abcnews.go.com/US/year-boy-calls-911-stop-grinch-stealing-christmas/story?id=51889118

Well it might not be so ba-
>ILLUMINATION
nevermind.

That story's fucking adorable. I'm glad the internet hasn't completely desensitized kids out of thinking stuff like this.

Why are recent grinch adaptations showing his past? No one cares about how the grinch came to be, the point was that he’s a fucking dick that hates christmas

>grinch backstory
>again

why even adapt it into a feature film again if you're not going to learn anything from the first screwup

The Jim carry grinch movie is awesome

>Officer Lauren Develle took his call and showed up at the house shortly after to reassure TyLon that she would not let the Grinch steal any presents this year.
> The police department then decided they wanted to do something special for the boy who was worried not just about his own Christmas, but about whether other children would be able to celebrate the holiday too.
>Byram Police Chief Luke Thompson told ABC News he invited TyLon to tour the station. When the boy arrived, officers surprised him with the Grinch in the back of a police car. Officers then let TyLon lead the festive crook to the holding room for questioning.
>"It took him a while to decide that he wanted to let him out,” TeResa Brown Pittman, TyLon’s mother, told ABC News. “Then the Grinch talked to him and said he was sorry and that he would stop stealing Christmas presents.”

What the fuck? Why didn't they just fucking arrest him for wasting the police's time? Instead they decide to waste more of it? This is bullshit.

Good PR. Or they figured it'd be good for a laugh.

Those cops probably needed that more than the kid did. A lot of them have really shitty jobs and that's probably the one bright spot they've had all month.

Because it makes for good PR. Also I just searched and the town has a population of 11k, it's not like anything else is going on there.

Probably to fill up 90 minutes

Where the fuck did they find a Grinch costume at the very last minute?

>The Dr. Seuss’ Grinch
Whoever designed this logo should be out of a job.

There's a musical version that's very commonly performed by local theater groups. They probably borrowed it from them.

>Star the Clone Wars Wars

>arresting 5 year old for mistakenly calling police
What?

Or at least give him a good talking to. I prank called the police once when I was 5 and the officer yelled in my fucking face and threatened to arrest my mother.

>arresting a 5 year old

That officer sounds like a horrible person, user.

Another reason why cops are garbage

Cops know trouble comes from single-parent houses. He was doing everything he could to scare you straight since he knew you weren't going to get any discipline.

grinch? more like cringe

True

>americlaps emergency service is 9/11

it sucks

The Grinch looks like an Emoji from The Emoji Movie.

holy shit

Is that his design? Why does he look like a Grinch emoji now? What the actual fuck? I'm so sick of subpar design like this.

Probably a bit of this, cops see some messed up shit

>tp://abcnews.go.com/US/year-boy-calls-911-stop-grinch-stealing-christmas/story?id=51889118
How is the child supposed to learn that it's fake and he needs to stop calling 911? He's not a make-a-wish kid. spankings for being bad.

Shit, me too. The fucker came when I was in the bath.

>wanting them to arrest a 5 year old kid near Christmas

I know this is Sup Forums, but that’s low.

You know who they will heavily imply.

Yes just like the boss baby did.

what emoji is this?

Do your worst Sup Forums.

And this one doesn't?

Heresy. The Jim Carrey movie was fun as fuck.

What the fuck is with Illumination and Dr. Seuss?
Like, they're aiming to adapt anything Seuss into watered-down movies or something?

Only to people who didn't grow up with it.

Instead, I'll do my best: Nothing.

Jim Carey Grinch is a god damn masterpiece, you shut up.

Because they have next to no creativity.

Yeah, right.
Gotta love that dog anus-kissing scene.

I saw it in theaters when I was in middle school and I liked it back then. I haven't seen it since and probably wouldn't like it now.

Are these the same fags who are making the Super Mario movie?

im weak

I aint seein' that

Get off of Sup Forums, Doug.

>They doing The Grinch's backstory again

Let me guess, he isn't bad because he doesn't think Christmas is a greedy, noisy, self-absorbed holiday about present and ignorance. But rather some dickbag kids bullied him for his looks and one humiliation on Christmas caused him to run away and hate Christmas forever because just cause

And I'll bet the main bully ended up growing up to be a big toy-making business man villain who loves Christmas for all the money he gets from his toys and presents he sells even if all his toys are faulty and dangerous, cutting time and using poor quality material is cheaper and time saving.

Remember this lesson of greed and capitalism by spending on a exclusive Illumination's The Grinch merch at your local Target store.

?
Who the fuck is Doug?

Doug Walker.

He has a hateboner for the Jim Carey Grinch movie

The nostalgia critic.
Nah, fuck that narcissistic asshole.

Because Universal owns the rights to any Dr Seuss adaptations and make their only feature film animation studio make them because they churn out a hefty profit.

I think that is supposed to be child Grinch.

If they didn’t redesign him, this is what adult Grinch will look like.

>jpeg

>Dreamworks face
I know both Illumination and Dreamworks are owned by Comcast now, but come on.

So what's going to be the Minions ripoff in this movie?

They have to fill 90 minutes. No shit they're going to show his backstory. And they're going to make it as maudlin and pitiful as possible so his inevitable redemption will (try to) feel more emotional.

Meanwhile, the original animated special manages to be feelgood and emotional in just shy of a half-hour, and it has better animation that anything Illumination has ever done.

First and foremost, to justify a full-length movie. Second, because you can't just have people being a dick just to be a dick anymore. Every villain has to have some sob story that makes him or her relatable. It sucks.

>you can't just have people being a dick just to be a dick anymore.

You can. You just have to make them a slasher movie villain like Jason Voorhees. I mean, yeah, Jason himself has a pitiful backstory - drowned as a kid, brought back by...something or other - but the F13 films never dwell on it, thank God.

Jason X is best Jason, BTW.

It's not even the supposed 'dreamworks face' that bothers me (I think it's more like.. "Generic artist who hasn't found their own style" which is still a bad thing.

It's the way it's shaded and lit. Pillow shading is what some pixel artists call it.

It looks unnatural. Look at Horton Hears a Who for an example of well animated Seuss creators that look as ridiculous as always but also look believable (The lorax too).

To be honest I never liked the classic animation and as an adult I think the Jim Carey live action is a little hard to suffer through (The parts WITH the Grinch are great, everything else is painful to sit through) so even though it looks like ass I'm hopeful. It's a simple story that doesn't need any updating so just a visual reimagining is nice.

You can definitely have people be a dick just to be a dick, the just also need to be entertaining while doing it. As long as the character is fun and enjoyable to watch you can make any character ANYTHING.

A well written character > a safe character yknow?

>Its another "I got treated like shit as a kid and now wish others got the same treatment" episode

>It's the way it's shaded and lit. Pillow shading is what some pixel artists call it.

On-and-off pixel artist here - we do call it "pillow shading", and it is the first major shading/coloring sin of pixel art. Pillow shading is a sign that someone either hasn't been doing pixel art for a long time or just doesn't care about doing it well. It looks awful in pixel art, and it looks awful in the OP image.

>You can definitely have people be a dick just to be a dick, the just also need to be entertaining while doing it.

Like I said: Jason Voorhees.

Is this supposed to look like the emoji move art-style wise? God dammit you just know theres someone in Hollywood jerking themselves off over how they found the perfect mix of cheap and 'cute' enough to sell.

>Is this supposed to look like the emoji move art-style wise?

Most likely.

I respect your right to find Jason Voorhees entertaining but I find the whole damn series to be bland as fuck. I've never been a horror movie fan though. I'm more scared by what people make online like webseries because it doesn't have the safety net of what the censors allow in hollywood if that makes sense.

>I think that is supposed to be child Grinch.
I prefer this design

>I respect your right to find Jason Voorhees entertaining but I find the whole damn series to be bland as fuck.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the series is mostly godawful. 1, 6, and Jason X are the only generally good movies in the series, and Jason X got there by virtue of being campy as fuck while also taking a handful of potshots at the series itself. But watching Jason kill dumbass teens? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit, I'll watch an F13 marathon on Halloween for that. (But no reboot F13. Survivalist Jason sucks.)

To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't shoot the poor kid

Okay, I have a confession

Is it wrong that I imagined the female cop dressing up as the Grinch and letting the boy bang her to "punish the Grinch"?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Not at all.

No boner not like this

I mean I'm curious of drawing this but I'm afraid of where this will go

His widow forbid anymore live action movies after The Cat in the Hat.

It goes on /aco/, I would assume.

>TyLon told police that he was terrified that the Grinch would steal his Christmas after he had watched YouTube videos about the character.
This part destroyed my faith in the future but other than that it was nice.

>I was treated like shit so everyone else should
What a pathetic life you lead.

It sucks in a good way

Was anything about that movie besides Jim Carrey actually good? I feel like the only things I hear praised about it are stuff related to him.

>ILLUMINATION

Leave.

>What the fuck? Why didn't they just ARREST THIS CHILD?

Carrey as the Grinch was the best part, of course, but it also had amazing set design and really nice touches like making the Grinch an inventor. It really didn't need to give the Grinch a backstory that ignores the message of the story or to include that anus kissing scene, but other than that, I don't have a problem with it.

>Was anything about that movie besides Jim Carrey actually good?
No. Everyone in that movie is so damn ugly (Grinch aside since he's supposed to be ugly).

You know Max is going to be the Minion clone in this. You know this.

>Jim Carrey was awesome
ftfy

that movie had some surprisingly adult content in it
like the fishbowl of keys at a party
"where are you Christmas" is a cute Xmas tune if you like that sort of thing

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE RESPONSES IT'S A BAD MOVIE IT FUCKING SUCKS

>DOUG WALKER TOLD ME THIS IS A BAD MOVIE ST-STOP IT

it's meant for children dude. its cheesy, simple, and shallow

exactly what kids want

ts so bad its good

No one mentioned Doug.

Borris Karloff > Jim Carrey.