The only ones who complain about animation are angry nerds who have no place in the industry unlike me

>the only ones who complain about animation are angry nerds who have no place in the industry unlike me
What did they mean by this?
What does Sup Forums think of Steven Universe's animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/reversghost/status/943594229359661056
umbrellaville.weebly.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you actually watch SU you deserve every ounce of condescension you get.

Heaven forbid anyone should like something that doesn't have your approval.

>What does Sup Forums think of Steven Universe's animation?

the consensus is that it's pretty much shite.

I sadly have to agree.

Getting pretty sick of people deflecting criticism on Sup Forums.

It's great to have a boogeyman you can use to assure yourself that you're great and that everything you do is amazing while everyone who disagrees is a dumb poo poo head racist/chauvinist.

Sup Forums is literally censoring and against free speech. We have become what we hated.

here we have someone giving her a dose of reality twitter.com/reversghost/status/943594229359661056

I hate twitter threads
Also SU's animation is shit, always been always will be

she's not wrong. These people are weird. You guys are weird.

Nice

>Just stop talking to me
Holy fuck that's the most sarcastic message I think I've read in a while
Imagine being that fucking butthurt because some rando on Twitter keeps refuting your claims
My God, what a legend

Sup Forums does it with SJW

Sup Forums is just another mental bogeyman people can use to dismiss all criticism because their narcissism prevents them from engaging in self-examination of their own faults. Right up there with white men, alt-righters and Russia.

How come Disney animation doesn't have those kind of quality problems? Does modern Cartoon Network just have lower levels of quality control like WB compared to Marvel Studios and Disney movies?

>the only ones who complain about animation are angry nerds
Well, they're not wrong. Normies only care when the animation is exceptionally ba.

This person used to drawfag here as /34/. She definitely has a concrete idea of the Sup Forums culture, but as someone who has been following her since her early drawfag days (on Sup Forums and deviant art) she’s a passive aggressive know-it-all.

It doesn’t help that she is pals with calarts kids and has to go out of her way to look good for them. Kinda like that Emmy girl who rode her brother’s coat tails and is now storyboarding duck tales cause of it.

The industry is pretty shit.

CN is more creator-driven than Disney, so the individual showrunners have more control over the production process. This means they're more likely to have a person in charge who doesn't mind deviations from the model sheet, compared to a network with a better merchandising pipeline.

Sup Forums doesn't make anything though. And all we do is argue. It's far from universal here.

then why are you here?

>What did they mean by this?
Just being a whiny bitch who can't realize the show they're working is utter shit.

Uneven at best, sub deviantArt at worst. The fact that CN really doesn't seem to care regarding any of their shows just makes everything worse imo.

NOW I'm having a merry Christmas.

>get BTFO for having a shit argument
>g-go away

If it's any help, nobody I know in comics/animation likes my2k. She's one to talk about entitlement, she goes on a passive-aggressive soapbox every other day and rants for hours about such-and-such bullshit. Great art, though. And to be fair, though, we are nerds.

BASED HANDWAVE

>Heaven forbid anyone should like something that doesn't have your approval.
It’s not about forbidding. That’s what you faggots will never understand. You can like bad things all you want. But you will always be a lesser person than me because of that.

Emmy is really good. Her GF boards are exceptional and her art is generally just really high-quality. I don't know how she rode Neil's coattails. They don't really do the same kind of stuff.

I don't know for sure why, but the boarding tests that go out from Disney TVA stress being as on-model as possible.

>This person used to drawfag here as /34/
Damn that’s her? I used to love /34/‘s art.

I've heard from peers that she doesn't get a lot of jobs because she barely works and is constantly causing drama in-studio.

Sometimes I wonder how many people in studios actually deserve to be there.

God, I have stories.

Luckily, they're few and far between, but there are always a handful of assholes that use nepotism to get into places they shouldn't be.

No, we do it with Reddit. That's our preferred whipping boy.

>there's more to it because there's some tumblr people too

they're the same. people with a sense of entitlement to being some sort of deciders of quality because they can regurgitate a couple stale criticisms.

why should tracing model sheets add any quality to the series just because a few people on the internet say so?

I wonder how cunts like this make in the industry, I mean is it that easy?

I imagine that they probably want to be more approachable for professional animators than WB, who is famous for having thrown a Golden-age animation masterpiece in a literal dumpster.

I've been meaning to ask, what's your opinion on some of the indie guys like Hykade and Colgrave?

This desu

My2k is an extremely skilled animator and draftsman. She's also an annoying cunt. A lot of exceptionally talented people are annoying cunts.

That's what I'm thinking, too. Of course, they probably scout for more talented and skilled people than CN or WB do.

>that Emmy girl who rode her brother’s coat tails
Emmy is waaaaayyyy more popular than lemondemon.

I had to look 'em up. They seem competent. I've seen a lot of people sharing Double King. Do you hear shit about them being assholes or something?

Probably because most of the time he doesn't go by Lemon Demon

Nah, I'm just interested in some of the cool shit they do. I'm trying to discipline myself into practicing more often so I can animate stuff like When I was Done Dying or Source. My ambition is to one day illustrate a DMT trip, not so much something I'd be able to do working at a major studio.

It bites, because I'm a raging perfectionist when it comes to stuff I'm passionate about, so just looking at my own work disgusts me.

How good is her art?

WIWDD is awesome, that's a pretty admirable goal.

Perfectionism will kill you, user. Keep working towards moving past that. Not everything you draw will ever be 100% perfect, in fact, it rarely will be. I know the feeling, though. I hate my shit a lot. I want to get back into fundamentals.

umbrellaville.weebly.com/

Oh thank god. We've reached the point where we're having this thread hourly. That means it's meme lifespan is almost over.

On one hand, I kind of agree. I feel like in context while watching it I rarely notice animation flaws. Not that the flaws aren't there or noticeable, but that I've noticed similar flaws in PLENTY of shows so it doesn't really suck me out of it.
On the other hand, that doesn't mean that those flaws aren't noticeable and fixable so to ignore those flaws would be to refuse to improve your own work, and even if you're an artist that works in the industry and your work is a commercialized product, you should at least have SOME drive to get it to be the best that you can.

>Avengedog
Oh hey, I know that guy.

I think it's passable for what it is
I hate bean faces, but I can't rag on a show that basically began just as the trend got annoying.

The worst part of SU is how the whole thing is basically in statsis because the writers are a bunch of pussies and pussy-whipped cowards afraid of making or committing to anything. Also I hate Steven as a character.

Yeah, I've busted out the big ol' charcoal box and drawing pad to improve my sense of mark making, myself. Setting aside a space and timeframe for fundamentals helps out a lot.

if it's okay for comic books and Star Wars movies to change art styles/cinematography, why can't tv shows?

>umbrellaessica
???

we are the goddamn audience. you give us what we want. you do not fucking tell us what we want. now shut the fuck up and make something worth watching. if you make something no one but a few autistic tards watch your gonna get canceled.

Do share.

But what about the youtubers that actually do more damage to the show's repition

>we are the goddamn audience. you give us what we want. you do not fucking tell us what we want. now shut the fuck up and make something worth watching. if you make something no one but a few autistic tards watch your gonna get canceled.
>something a few autistic tards will watch
im getting some mixed messages here, are they supossed to take seriously what Sup Forums says or no?

>still being this buttblasted over people not sharing the same opinions as you

you are giving them the attention they want by coming here and telling everyone what they posted on social media

people bitching is nothing special and nothing new, you just do it anonymously so you don't have to own up to anything. nerds fucking bitch about cartoons too much, just because it pisses you off doesn't mean it's wrong

>you give us what we want.
>you do not fucking tell us what we want.

?????

While, let's be totally frank, Sup Forums is a bit too nitpicky sometimes, it's way better than this attitude where saying anything bad about something is forbidden so the creator's feelings don't get hurt.

I think the problem is that everybody who enters this argument takes it out of context.

People think we and others are arguing that animators should stick to a single rigid style when animating cartoons, regardless of an individual's creative input or original idea.

What we and other people have been arguing is that this is okay, but just because you're doing things with originality it doesn't mean you should shrink a character from being four heads tall to being one-and-a-half heads tall.

>muh 4chins strawman have no right to criticize
>but other people on normie sites says the same thing all the time tho
>muh entitlement word based argument they dont know what its like
>the viewer isnt entitled criticism? theres the whole creative process but these various critical complaints on the product are coming from many sources
>its all the same damn site. dont talk to me kthxbai

why are successful cartoonists so concerned with what Sup Forums thinks anyway, it's nothing but fucking losers and angry teenagers here and then they proceed to get into heated arguments with them. like, they choose to engage the people they hate so much, i don't get it. it's a constant back and forth bickering between Sup Forums and tumblr, when in reality both sites are full of gay retarded niggers with nothing important to say.

rich ass california animation school graduates are so susceptible to butthurt i've noticed, there's always a thread about this crap

Because that shit can be spread.

"Modern cartoons are shit, shit, shit".

The irony is a killer.

its an easy out and not alot of people are daring enough to defend Sup Forums directly

How could you possibly be confused by two short and simple sentences that do not contradict each other?

>/34/
Shit, really? They got chased off by a fetishfag so I'm not surprised they hate Sup Forums.

But Sup Forums is a bunch of nobodies on an imageboard complaining about stuff. Not actual working people in the industry trying to deflect in order to give the illusion that your work is flawless and the only people who hate it are scums of the internet.

Do you actually think there is no difference between some user going, "FUCK Steven Universe! Let's spam Lauren Zuke with hate!" which will probably result in nothing happening and the thread getting deleted compared to a showrunner doing something of the equivalent?

There's just no correct way to talk to these kinds of people.

Cause, I wanted to waste 3 seconds of your life.

Quality control.

But Sup Forums is anyone. It's not exclusively a website of Comic Book Guys. Even fucking people from the industry actively browse here and admit to doing so, including Ian and Sugar.

And also, how the fuck do you even justify saying one website (Sup Forums) is a hivemind shithole of nerds while using another website (Twitter) that is a hivemind shithold itself?

Ah yes the classic "You can't complain that I just a shit on your plate unless you're a professional chef" argument.

I dropped the show cause of the glacial pacing combined with Cartoon Network's abysmal scheduling

I don't pay attention to what goes on in the SU influence sphere and whatnot but the fact that people are defending the wildly off model animation shots severely triggers the wannabe animator inside of me

and the arguments defending this are just so disingenous, bringing up stuff like "smears are good" (they are but that's not the problem about the stuff I'm seeing for SU) and blatantly misrepresenting John K.'s stance on off model when one of the first things that John K says about it that it does NOT mean draw badly and you still need shit like construction and line of action, because something about the drawing has to make sense or the artist will have no control over their work

characters changed size all the fucking time in Ren and Stimpy but it was always to serve a joke (like Ren being small enough to fit in Stimpy’s mouth) or very exaggerated squash and stretch (George Liquor yelling at them). The off-model shit in SU doesn’t have any purpose, it’s just them not giving a shit.

Nobody says you have to carbon copy from the reference sheet every single time like if it's a GoAnimate cartoon but it makes life a lot easier even if you want to freewheel

And yes "muh artistic experimentation and expression is important" but when you're in an industry you're trying to make a profit by the end of the day

How do people get like this? How do you get to a point in your life where you just defend complete fuckups? She's not even trying to excuse the mistakes really, she's attacking the idea that mistakes are things that should be avoided. This is not even a human concept. What the fuck are these creatures?

>characters sometimes go off model in cartoons therefore going off model no matter what context is always okay

I fucking hate this shit, if bugs bunny goes off model it's because it's part of a visual gag, characters in SU constantly changing height and proportion for no reason whatsoever is absolutely not the same. You go off model when you want a character to look funny for a joke, you don't constantly go off model for no reason whatsoever.

theres a difference between a show that relies on comedic slapstick with sight gags and a cartoon with a heartfelt moment, then the taller one of them shrinks for no apparent reason in a shot change.

going off model is more for toony moments, almost smear takes, exaggerated expressions, or it just "feels right". but the problem was many a time it was during a simple scene transition. thats just poor QA. OK K.O. gives no fucks most of the time and uses it to great effect, but can at least keep it together for serious moment where they are going to dump all their budget on.

DON’T BE MEAN TO SHAN

Don't be mean to Shan? He literally just threatened everyone who has a different opinion than him.

You need to turn what you typed on to yourself you fucking nitwit

And yet, there are plenty of people who shit where they eat and continue to get work.

>thinks his tweet was a threat and not a warning from what happens
retard

this guy has popped up on my feed so many times this year and it's always a shitty ""hot take"" about animation or video games, reminds me of that 9-volt guy. I'll take the OP who actually does something over a manbaby like this any day

They’re right, though. The industry is small, people talk, and if you publicly talk shit about people online where they can and do see it, it’s gonna be harder for people to hire you.

It's a veiled threat you fucking idiot, it's literally the pussy animator equivalent of "What a nice store, it'd be a shame if anything were to happen to it"

Hey Shan, you're a piece of shit. Try doing your job right and maybe people won't "talk shit" about you?

cartoons aren't food fatboy

Hey, fuckface asshole, people should be talking about the idiots who can't keep shit on-model, and refusing to hire the idiots who can't keep shit on-model. This isn't complicated stuff! In most industries you can't publicly complain that you are held to literally any standards at all, employers will frown upon you publicly saying on social media I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO MY JOB AND AM REALLY UPSET AT THE IDEA I SHOULD HAVE TO DO MY FUCKING JOB like these braindead shithead animators are!

Why are these lazy idiots just handed everything?

cry about it

What on EARTH are you talking about

Shan Murphy isn’t even a storyboard artist, you total fucking square. Literally 1 second on google could have told you that.

I don't intend to ever be in the animation industry so I can take big fat steaming shits all over your miserable practices Shanny boy. Why don't you cry more about how people hate that you can't do your fucking job?

cry about it

meme about it

The nutritious hacker John Jacob Sup Forums strikes again!

>implying you know even 10% of the process that modern cartoonists have to go through with major studios

ELL OH ELL

Really makes me think.

cry about it

Sorry the Koreans couldn't follow your terrible storyboards sweetie

My neurons, stop!