Doctor Strange #383 Storytime

Loki killed Stephen's dog and now he's PISSED.

But first, an explanation of how Loki became the Sorcerer Supreme in the first place.

Unironically been waiting for this

The past two issues have been better than the previous run by an order of magnitude

Kept assuming someone else would storytime it this time, since I'm on vacation. Buuuut no one did, so here I am. With Gwen gone and Black Bolt probably being on its last legs, too, this is probably the best book Marvel has going for them now.

Or, at least, the one I'm enjoying the most. First issue of 2-in-1 was promising, but we'll see.

>and you had to give him your house and girlfriend
Kek, that should be a thing.

So Loki didn't even "steal" the post or cheese it or anything. The Vistani just decided to hand it over to him?

Strange needs to STFU then I guess.

Odin's been retired for a while, how'd Strange miss it?

Also how would whining at/trying to threaten Odin do anything?

>taking sentry to Asgard
I must say, that's new levels of stupid considering last time.

Just about any page from that out of context has it's own unique reason why it's a bad idea.

It seems to be turning out that they should have given Loki some training first, but really this is foolish even by the standards of how Strange has been the past twenty years or so.

What's weirder is that Strange doesn't know who Cul is

Goddammit it Stephen, you were in Fear Itself

Loki didn't take anything from you you that, the Vishanti did because you suck so much, which is also why your apprentice/girlfriend left you.

You're like physically fifty years old, probably thousands of years old mentally and you think just beating up Loki will make everything good again even though being good at fighting didn't impress the Vishanti anymore?

God this is some character assassination.

This is the first real confirmation we have that Loki currently really is trying to be a better person and isn't just lying once again. He's lying about plenty of other things obviously, but he does have good intentions.

Like seriously why does he think beating the tar out of Loki will make his bosses go "you really changed our minds unleashing the fucking Sentry, you're definitely in a good mental state to be Sorcerer Supreme" instead of sending him to Triple Hell for his hubris.

Stark, Thor, Strange and Doom all ruined to some degree. I'm glad Marvel stopped publishing comics after the Incursion stuff.

>Stark, Thor, Strange and Doom
>tfw when Stark, Doom & Strage are your 3 Faves and Thor is in your Top 15
It hurts... Why can't I get Vincent Price Strange, Hammy Doom and Howard Hughes Stark?

Why did he have to give up the house though? It's Stephen's house, he actually bought it. It's not part of the package of the SS.

Strange IS the bad shit coming next and this is really fucking poorly written.

Either the Vishanti were feeling petty, or Strange crammed it so full of magic he no longer had clearance for, it was easier to just give the whole thing to Loki.

Yeah, I hate it when characters are ignorant of things they really shouldn't be. Especially since it would have been more dramatic if Stephen did in fact recognize Cul and go "oh fuck, it's that guy".

That's why Strange says he did it. to bait Asgard away from himself.

Also Cul looks like Danny Trejo.

God, this art...

Remember to get your pre-orders in for Damnation!

It's been a long time but im pretty sure that's not how Sentry talks

That's because you're thinking of Bendis Sentry.

>Strange is just a sore loser.
This is why you lost the position but as Solicits show hes gonna get it back. So fuck it.

He should know, since he, Namor, Silver Surfer and others got stomped by one of his worthies.

This just seems like a baffling storytelling decision. Like after this arc, why would we want to see Stephen get his job back?

Strange is a celestial now? Nah he's just salty and probably going to do more harm than good with his new powers.

Gotta love the total of 0 fucks given to Thor's lore, strange goes to Asgard and cries to the world tree, gives his dead dog corpse and in return gets more powerful than ever!!
Meanwhile Thor and friends are dying out there, they sure could use some handouts from their source of power.

Cuz status quo. But yeah hes acting unreasonable. He lost the job because he wasnt fit. Instead of fixing it hes just trying to beat up the person it was given too. Who wasnt even looking to take it.

Yeah, but that's still overkill.

It's like Batman setting up a Staro attack just so he can sneak into Superman's fortress for an hour.

>frost giants
>selling shit on the internet
They must have some pretty big computers.

Wong gives no fucks.

>a very good boy
This page almost made me cry

Did you read the legacy one shot? There's a bunch of Loki size frost Giants, they must of had some retard Gene.

It's adequate when Bob Reynolds is the one on the driving seat of the Favioman

Void-Sentry and gets-high-on-being-a-hero-Sentry do tend to talk with more gravitas and confidence

Fuck, this is a great page.

Everything about this run has been amazing so far.

I feel like Marvel is finally finding their feet again with a strong, fresh roster of writers and artists to compliment their veterans. It's going to still be some time before we're back to consistently great titles, but I think improvement is definitely showing.

well now I'm sad

I love this so much

>What's weirder is that Strange doesn't know who Cul is
>
>Goddammit it Stephen, you were in Fear Itself

It was a pretty forgettable event. Even for the characters in it.

The dog literally killed itself attacking Loki for no reason. Fuck that dog.

All he knows is Loki seems obsessed with using his position as sorc super to obtain the magic equivalent of a nuke. That's what he's trying to stop.

but also Loki killed his dog and stole his girl and house

The tree turned him into a god, he said
Asgardians are already gods by birth.

That just makes it personal on top of the perceived danger

Well that's a case of strange classic vs Strange Nerfed.
Classic Dr Strange was actually powerful enough that he could legitimately threaten Odin since he didn't actually receive any power boosts from becoming sorcerer supreme and he just has that much raw magical power.

Modern(nerfed) Dr strange is so weak that this is clearly just his own hubris and the mention of Loki would normally make Odin listen to whatever happened.

Wait, is Marvel setting up Strange to becoming a new Chaos King?

Post-Secret wars Strange is not an enlightened individual and the Original Strange is long dead. It's not character assassination because this Strange has always been a little shithead even if it's not been to this degree before.
There's not really even anything linking the two Stranges together at all since the very nature of magic isn't even the same and the backstory clearly is almost completely different.

(Old Strange would have told the empirikal exactly why what they're doing is counterproductive and caused them to commit suicide. Since new strange didn't even think of the massive threat from using Shuma Gorath as a power source and draining the magic from people that exist entirely to fight him it's clear that he has a different backstory since noone in their right mind should ever forget when he killed shuma. Ergo he's more of a "Superior" Strange)

You really think thatBatman isn't above doing that?

I thought that cover was the Void manipulated by Strange, which might still be in the cards going by his dialogue this issue.

Maybe Marvel should just roll Chaos King/Aaron's Necrosword/Sentry's Void together at this point.

When did Sentry come back to life??

last issue

Damn, Jordie really hit it out of the park on this issue.

During Remender's Ignored-vengers run. He was only Ignored- dead during-after Secret Wars when everybody could be dead or ignored.

So far this looks like Jenkins/Romita Jr. Sentry from the second mini fast-forwarded to Marvel Legacy.

He's talking like himself for the first time since Bendis got his stupid hands on him. Donny seems to actually "get" the character - fucking finally.

It's pretty clear he's not thinking straight after his dog's death. This is Stephen hitting back, irrational and wanting revenge.

>I thought that cover was the Void manipulated by Strange
Same, but to me it looks more like the Void possessing Strange. We'll see who's controlling who when it comes down to it.

kek

Did Strange lose most of his magical ability with the title too?

Jason Aaron started his run by having baddies eat and destroy all the magic in the world. After they were defeated, Strange was left with nearly no power for some reason, even though everyone else got their mojo back.

Oh shit, the vishanti are alive again, and they're relevant to a Doctor Strange story.

So Stephen Strange has finally become Magic Tony Stark. thanks mcu

Yeah, it's awful.

Vishanti using some conservative logic right there

Wasn’t even Loki’s fault, he non-lethally kept the dog away, it’s just Stephen thought bringing a temperamental and loyal dog with a heart condition to a magical duel was a good idea

I’m firmly convinced Strange is the bad guy here.

>He’s awaking deadly threats that should be locked away
>he’s assaulting Asgard
>the assault was an deception
>he’s sacrificed his friend for power
>all because he felt spurned over being passed over for something he felt entitled to

Correction. He’s not just the bad guy. He’s being Loki

>pay extra to have free shipping

You mean the magical Nuke Stephen had?

The magical nuke who’s launch codes Stephen grafted onto the souls of people he loves without permission that could kill them?

That magical nuke?

As Sorcerer Supreme it’s be irresponsible to leave the magic nuke out in the wild, or at least not having a contingency plan if not access to it

maybe this will be the storyline where they finally bite the bullet and make Strange a villain, after World War Hulk and Hickvengers

Kek

That's how this ends isn't it? Loki realizes that Strange is becoming Loki due to gods being sentient stories and Stephen being there to fill the missing void of an evil Loki archetype. As such he has the Vishanti take away his title to try and wrest the role from Strange.

Ehh, not like it was supposed to be a magical duel. Strange went there in good faith, but he and Loki let their dick-measuring get the better of them.

It is very Mordru of Strange, isn't it?

>Sentry being adorable

too bad he's a terrible, eternally ruined character

And Loki was sorry if im remembering right. Strange is holding onto this for some stupid reason.

>sacrificing his dog
OVER THE FUCKING LINE STEPHEN WHAT THE FUCK

>for some stupid reason
he's in full Butcher mode

Ok I need clarification because this is very important.

DID Loki actually kill Stephens dog?!

This is my thought as well. The tree has literally just made Strange into Loki to replace Loki who has become the SS