Marvel Legacy - three months later

so how do you rate it, Sup Forums? IMO it's an improvement, the books I've been following stayed good, and there are some promising new series out. with Bendis and Alonso leaving, the Fox acquisition, and books like America getting cancelled, I'm the most hopeful about Marvel in a long while.
>great tier
Dr Strange
Thanos
Black Bolt
>good tier
Spec Spidey
Deadpool
GotG
Spider-Man and Deadpool
>promising tier
Marvel Two-In-One
>gone too soon tier
Royals
USAvengers
Secret Warriors
>'please just get a new creative team' tier
ASM
Thor
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Avengers

anyone? i'm fucking bored at work and want to discuss comics with you guys

Thor is good tier. I mean if you don't have Sup Forums in you.
Spider-Man and Deadpool is bad. Thompson can't write Deadpool at all

>at work
In the Marvel offices, I guess? Because this shilling is... wow.

wow I haven't read marvel in what must be seven years, redpill me on this shit

Fortunately, judging from the solicitation for March's ASM, Slott's run is ending next year. Speaking of Spidey, I find it hilarious that people were saying that they would keep reading Spider-Gwen long enough for Gwenom to happen, and now that it's happening, nobody cares enough to storytime it. Too bad Marvel are still pushing her, though.

GoTG should be in the gone too soon tier.

>GoTG should be in the gone too soon tier.
you are right

>Spider-Man and Deadpool is bad. Thompson can't write Deadpool at all
he IS a little different, but I put that down to Secret Empire wrecking him. the Spidey interactions are still great imo.

I just didn't like secret warriors

Spider-Gwen's stories were so badly unfocused. I liked the idea that it was a universe where there were a lot of things different, But the problem is there were too many things that felt like they were different for the sake of being different that they became distractions rather than helping the plot or characters.

in terms of tiers?
>awesome tier:
GotG
gwenpool
black bolt
deadpool (deadpool made a comeback with the start of secret empire time and has been fucking phenomenal desu)
dr strange
spectacular spidey
thanos
>good tier:
all new wolverine
daredevil
2in1 (only one issue so far, i enjoyed it)
spidey deadpool
thor
moon knight
Black Panther (i'm enjoying it, despite the meh conclusion to the first arc)
everything else that is still ongoing i try to avoid

Do you really think the guardians of the Galaxy is going to be cancelled? Or do you think they have hamstrung themselves with the legacy numbering/ Promise we won't rebooot/ No Events with Tie-ins for 18 months?? The Guardians Have been focused on the search for the Infinity Stones, The Infinity _____ is coming, in normal times (the last 14 years) the Guardians would be branded as a Infinity ____ tie in for the next year. they promised not to do this.
TL;dr The book and creative team will be back after the event at #151 or a new #1

>daredevil
shit art made me drop it

Thanks to Based Disney you won't ever have to see them again and now you can get the old trades of the original Secret Warriors run from Hickman that was God tier.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA fuckin' CACKLES

>All New Wolverine
Shit
>Amazing Spider-Man
Shit
>Renew Your Vows
Shit
>America
Shit
>Astonishing X-Men
Shit
>Avengers
Shit
>Ben Reiley
Didn't check out
>Black Bolt
Kinda shitty, but not insultingly shit. Just mediocre and boring. Seen it better done everywhere.
>Black Panther
First issue was okay, but I never checked out the second. I really dislike Kirk as an artist. He looks like cheap fill-in artists you use, except he'd lauded as a heavy hitter.
>Cable
Shit
>Captain America
First two issues were okay, but it's really... bland. This is coming from someone who really enjoyed Waid and Samnees Widow mini-series.
>Captain Marvel
Shit
>Champions
Shit
>Daredevil
Pretty good. The art is garbage, but the writing is great. I hate Soule. He shits out 9 comics I wouldn't make my worst enemy read and 1 comic I want to share with everyone.
>Deadpool
Shit
>Doctor Strange
It's alright. I love where it's going so far. I'm not sure if I'm blinded by nostalgia for Sentry though.
>Falcon
Shit
>Generation X
I kinda dig this, but I think it's not good. I don't wanna call it bad, cause it ain't, but it's not good either.
>Guardians of the Galaxy
Man this series could be good if the humour wasn't shit / there wasn't so much movie synergy. God damn.
>Hawkeye
Pretty good.
>Iceman
Shit.
>Hulk
Shit.
>Iron Fist
Not checked it out, but I dug it before Legacy.
>Iron Man
Shit.
>Jean Grey
Shit, but I like what Legacy did to her if y'know what I'm saying.

>>gone too soon tier
>Royals
Is Ewing op? Most of co hates this book

>Nostalgia for The Sentry

>Jessica Jones
Shit.
>Luke Cage
Shit.
>Marvel Two-in-One
Awesome. I really hope it can maintain the quality, but hey, it's Cheung. He'll leave by issue 3.
>Thor
Awesome. Legacy didn't change it though.
>Monsters
Shit.
>Moon Girl
Shit.
>Ms. Marvel
Shit.
>Old Man Logan
Shit.
>Moon Knight
I have absolutely no idea if I like this or not.
>Kubert Spider-Man
I really dislike it. I think Slotts is better.
>Punisher
Shit.
>Royals
Shit.
>Secret Warriors.
Eh.
>She-Hulk
Shit.
>Spider-Gwen
Shit.
>Spider-Man
Shit.

The rest are shit, excluding Thanos, which had a pretty good first issue. Starlin news aside.

I think Legacy has been a total failure. It's brought out the good in Doctor Strange, Thanos and Captain America, but the rest are still garbage, really. Or they were already great and haven't been changed.

The Sentry ongoing came out in the year 2000. His comic was one of my first. I'm 25, so I was a wee lamb then.

It's very clearly a transitionary period. Very few new things. Of the new things, most were minis, stealth minis or arcs/stories that are clearly meant to set-up or transition into different things down the line. Of the continuing things, most are just wrapping up their arcs or endcaps to long-running stories.

Overall, I think there's quite a bit of good things (Cates is fucking killing it) and it makes me pretty damn hopeful for Yoshida's tenure as EiC.

Legacy was a failure, because you think of it as a bad DC Rebirth.

Ewing is like a Frankenstein of alot of amazing creators. He does magic like Moore/Moz, does a passable Warren Ellis impersonation, talks Music/dancing/Gamergrrrls/London is for the shitskins Like Kieron Gillen, and has that Autistic eye of a graphic designer like Hickman. The guy is a chameleon and pretty bright. I've never seen him bring a distinct voice to anything because i'm not sure he has one. He should get more work though.

You really have shit taste, mate.

Or I just don't waste my time reading garbage you find enjoyable. That's okay.

I'm not Sup Forums, I just don't find Jane to be a particularly compelling character. I think the book is generally good overall, but my main two gripes are that this whole "War of the Realms" story really feels like it's dragging on, and Thor is the most uninteresting character in the book.

Case in point: #700 and #701 were both great, but 700 spent over half of the issue on characters besides Jane and 701 didn't have her in it at all. Meanwhile, 702 was the weakest issue of Legacy Thor so far and it spent all of the issue on her. The best part of the issue was Jane arm-wrestling Hercules and that was mostly because Hercules is a hammy mother fucker.

The problem with the book isn't that it's "SJW," and people that levy that complaint because of two pages from 3 years ago clearly are just bandwagon jumping retards that probably don't even read comics in the first place, but the book does have some serious fucking flaws. It's unfortunate that you can't really have a discussion about those flaws without the usual suspects coming in to cry about the same tired shit we discussed to death in fucking 2014.

I understand bro, I do. I was convinced Jenkins was a genius when I was a kid. The Inhumans with Jae Lee came out around the same time. We're around the same age. But all those years of Sentry in the Bendisvengers and this Inhumans push... They Can't stop turning kind of cool things into utter shit. Noh-Var/Marvel Boy by Morrison and The Hood by BKV were a few other new properties from around the same time that they have no clue how to use.

>TL;dr The book and creative team will be back after the event at #151 or a new #1
Yes, clearly, but what was originally just going to be an arc of GotG is now an event that's replacing the book for the duration while also shifting the focus away from the characters that were originally going to be the focus (the Guardians, Rich Rider, Darkhawk, etc.) onto... Wolverine and Captain Marvel.

So now we're going to have to wait until like fucking September at best before the book returns. We can only hope that doing a major line-wide event doesn't burn Duggan out so much that it causes him to jump ship like what happened with Hickman, Remender, Spencer, and, well, damn near everyone that had to do a line-wide event besides Bendis and Aaron.

He also does continuity-wank like Busiek.

>a bad DC Rebirth
So instead of turning to shit after one arc, it starts shit?

Rebirth #1 had anyone that read and enjoyed DC cComics barking and screeching like autistic apes at their monitors.

Legacy had everyone wondering if they had missing pages that made it enjoyable or not.

Only his Sidekick and his Hellblazer are worth reading.

Is this user butthurt?

Well, yes
He doesn't seem to like comics

Actually that should be Number 1. That is the through line no matter who's style he's channeling.

Fuck off, shill. Rebirth is literally the best comics have been in the past 20 years. Marvel at their BEST can't compete with Rebirth at its worst. The Rebirth one-shot blew the FUCK out of the Legacy one-shot. Every Rebirth book is great, while every Legacy book is shit. Most of the books that Marvelfags were hyping up as the best shit ever like SJWpool and America are cancelled while Rebirth has only had one cancellation so far. Metal is easily one of the best, most bombastic, hypest, and most entertaining events of the past decade meanwhile Secret Empire was literally Drumpf: The Comic. And the final, killing fucking blow: while Marvel is doing a lazy retread of Infinity Gauntlet, DC is doing innovative, groundbreaking, creator-driven and masterfully crafted masterwork with Doomsday Clock which made more money than any Marvel book could possibly make (since most of those books are overshipped anyways so they don't even break even).

Face it, Marvel is finished. It's so bad that even BENDIS wanted to jump ship to DC since he realises how BTFO Marvel is by Rebirth.

2018 will be the year of Marvel, Dick Cock Comics fans better enjoy this little window they have left.

>2017 will be the year of Marvel
Remember?

I'm actually glad you brought up the last point. This is exactly what they did to Remender during AXIS. which was never supposed to be an event. they had also tried to turn his Planet X Uncanny Avengers storyline into an X-line event put couldn't get Bendis to commit his two books to it. This may be the pitfall of using something like the Infinity Stones in an on-going that only sells 50k. editorial will co-opt it and figure out a way to fashion it into an event. They are addicted to the sales boost.

Prove him wrong. You literally can't.

Doctor Strange seems interesting mostly because the art. Idk about the test.

Maybe he just doesn't like shitty comics.

Cates is a really mediocre writer but since he got Bendis' seal of approval some time ago, people have been hailing him as the next best thing.

lame baiting skills, bro

How does this make you feel Sup Forums?

Amazing counter-arguments, bro.

Sad, because now I'll never get to write an X-Force run where Teen Jean slowly devolves into a villain as she becomes more and more malicious with her psychic powers, until she finally becomes the chief antagonist.

I´ll talk about some books, not all of them because holy shit

I´m enjoying Spectacular Spider-Man a lot, ever since issue 4. I think Chip is writing a good Spider-Man (albeit some cringy moments like the interaction with Riri or the stand up).
But apart from that I think is an improvement from the eternal manchild we have been reading since 2014-2015.

ASM... I´m getting sick of Peter being ridiculized by his friends, MJ in particular. I think we are past that, specially when Marvel is allowing every character to grow and Peter is being left behind, so I gave this Legacy issues a try but I´m not going back to ASM until this changes.

I´m reading Daredevil and I think it is okay, nothing memorable though and I believe the Mayor Fisk arc should be a bigger story and not jsut a Daredevil thing.

X-Men Blue and Gold. I think Gold is harmless (except some creepy moments between Piotr and Kitty) but is also a safe book so nothing memorable either. I think Blue started okay but between the Secret Empire issues and the Madelyne arc... I have lost interest.
Mojoworld was the lowest point for both books but i´m kind of interested in the time adventure in Blue. Btw, If Emma is still a villain i think i might just stop reading them, i already stop paying for them. And that Tykelops doest deserve to be called Scott Summers.

Astonishing X-Men is like the book is trying to be something ig but just fails and is dense to read, started well but now is just there, like eerything else, nothing memorable they are just there and are not even fun to discuss.
Maybe becaue at this point I just dont care, at least the X-Books are better than the status quo before that shiwshow that was IvX, the terrigen bullshit is one of the worst things that happened to this franchise.

Avengers... that thing is dead, the Kang arc was ok but that´s it, that´s the state of everything, being OK and mediocre.

Forgot to mention, Peter dating Mockingbird feels forced as fuck and they have no chemistry at all, is almost painful to look at.

Couch surfing Peter is a mistake

>calling shit what he doesn't read.
Yes, you are fucking retarded.

Only a few of the rebirth titles are good. Marvel is the same, has bad and good titles.

manchild Peter really is the worst, especially considering all the potential he has
>most popular Marvel hero
>best origin story
>best supporting cast in all of comics
>best rogues gallery (debatable)
hell I remember the ol' Stern/DeFalco runs (that was the shit senpai) and he wasn't such a manchild back then. OVER THIRTY FUCKING YEARS AGO!!! can't believe that he actually regressed since then.

Spiderfags will hate me for this, but Manchild Peter makes a good Deadpool sidekick.

On the bright side, assuming Slott himself doesn't end the relationship, I imagine whoever takes his place won't care enough about the pairing to keep them together. If we're lucky, Bobbi will end up being the reason why the relationship inevitably fails.

Do you just want someone to talk to? Saying Doomsday Clock is innovative, groundbraking, creator-driven masterfully created masterwork doesn't sound like a lonely sperg that wants to talk, it just sounds like bait bait bait. not masterfully created masterwork bait either. But I'll bite. post Secret Wars Marvel titles have been unilaterally shit. Post rebirth DC titles have been middling. the absolute state of comics in 2017 is that middling is refreshing.

Easier to list what I'm reading
>GotG
Crying 'synergy on this is ignoring the work Duggan did to pull these character back from the pit Bendis left them in, same as he did with Deadpool after no one thought he'd be salvageable after Way
>Black Bolt
Book is good, it's just a good read
>Astonishing X-Men
Book started as a celebration and refutation of X-Men nostalgia and has kind of backslid into a mess with a flaccid payoff
>Spectacular Spider-Man
I need the Zdarsky that was on the previous two issues to stay on, lame jokes Chippy can fuck off
>Dr. Strange
Best thing going for the book is that it's no the previous run, art is pretty good but I need this arc to be done
>2 in 1
I need the Zdarsky that was on that issue to stay on the book, keep lame joke Chippy the fuck away

>two hougs lateg
Do YOU just want someone to talk to?

Sometimes. I'd find it hard to talk to someone who thinks Doomsday Clock is an innovative, groundbreaking, creator driven masterfully created masterwork. In fact, not a person alive thinks that. Just shill shill shill. here's a (You)

Even Ditko´s Peter (who was 15yo) is more mature

>meltdown.jpg

>Black Bolt
Is he still speaking in this or is he back to being a mute?

Back to mute

I don't see what that has to do with Rebirth then.

Rebirth is shitty comics.

The stuff that’s good about the current Thor comics are all the ones that have nothing to do with Jane Thor.

The ones i read were good

>I'm not Sup Forums, I just don't find Jane to be a particularly compelling character.
Jane isn't a character in the book. The character does not resemble Jane Foster. Jane Foster is a nurse who recently in her life gave birth to a son. The character that Jason Aaron has masquerading as Jane Foster is a bland woman who for some reason turns into an arrogant Asgardian-font-speaker when she picks up a hammer.

Aaron's Thor run was still good overall despite "Jane Foster '''''''Thor'''''''" until about a year and a half ago. It's just so boring now I can't call it good anymore.

>The problem with the book isn't that it's "SJW," and people that levy that complaint because of two pages from 3 years ago clearly are just bandwagon jumping retards that probably don't even read comics in the first place
It's still SJW in that any criticism of the book IRL or the character in the story is swiftly and consistently responded to with "WELL YOU'RE JUST SEXIST". Aaron and the editors do this IRL and Aaron has consistently kept it up time and time and time and time again, almost everytime "Jane Foster ''''''''Thor'''''''" meets a new character, they go over how she is "this not-Thor" or whatever the fuck it is this issue, and then "Jane" has to fucking respond to the vague sexist allusion with predictable bluster.

You're right that the actual tenor of the book is not all that SJW, but there are, for lack of a better term, triggers and traps so that every fucking time a reader or an antagonist shows any fucking dissent, the "sexist!" accusation is built into the material.

>This may be the pitfall of using something like the Infinity Stones in an on-going that only sells 50k.

>Sad, because now I'll never get to write an X-Force run where Teen Jean slowly devolves into a villain as she becomes more and more malicious with her psychic powers, until she finally becomes the chief antagonist.
Just write it as fanfic. It'll probably be better than the X-books of the last decade.

Peter has been a manchild since OMD. I get that recently Slott has devolved him even more, but I think the big drop in Peter's maturity came with OMD, and I've never seen OMD criticized for that very much. Instead it's just "No more MJ? F U." But the lack of maturity really bothered me a lot more. I wasn't reading Sup Forums at the time so I don't know if it was brought up here, but everywhere else on the internet seemed tonedeaf to how stupid Peter started acting.

>This may be the pitfall of using something like the Infinity Stones in an on-going that only sells 50k
Oops, I meant to respond:
What are you talking about with 50k? GOTG is down near 20k now.
FFS it's pathetic. Bendis totally ruined the brand. It's a shame no one cares about Duggan's run, which is the best the title's been since DnA.

But at this point honestly the sales are so inconceivably bad that I don't blame Marvel for turning it into an event.

They already did this and it's called Ultimate X-Men

MAD! I love her costume and love her bitchy attitude towards things.

Bendis kind of destroys two characters by making Bobby gay.

>gone too soon tier
>Royals
Wasn't gone sooner.