Couple of fans write hate letters to Xmen Gold. Marc Guggenheim becomes passive-aggressive

I wonder if he realizes how this makes him look ...

Guggie pls, this is rather unbecoming of you

It's ok, most people don't read letter sections anyway.

When will they fire him already? His run is awful.

>Guggenheim
It's usually the assistant editor who answers the mail so that's Chris Robinson being a passive aggressive shit.

Its funny that they're pretending that they've never received negative fan mail on this book before

I actually believe that. Who writers paper letters nowadays? And they only publish those.

Honestly, I don't blame gugg's for this. Something something, real people, feelings etc.

What really gets me is how much this reinforces how useless Marvel editors are.

>Waaa, Piotr is too old for Kitty, he's a creep
fuck off.

The first criticism is correct, even though that idiot clearly doesn't know how to find good comics and is going to retired to shitty Manga I assume

I didn't want to start a thread for it, but in the recent issue, Guggenheim makes a massive continuity error with Ink. It wouldn't be a big deal, if not for the fact, that Guggenheim himself created Ink

An the error in question: Ink got his powers through tattoos, however it was because the tattoo artist was a mutant. Ink was a baseline human. In recent issue however it is revealed that Ink got some new tattoos that gave him power.

No, he's garbage. Remember young x-men. Fuck him.

He got slightly better. I know that I will be called a pleb, but... I let's say, have no problem with reading Gold regularly

Wait he brought back fucking Ink? Why? That character was absolutely despised.

Ah yes, the book that permanently ruined Dust.

Probably because it was his OC, and because of the movies

Even entertaining that bullshit question about Piotr/Kitty was a minefield. Claiming unequal power dynamics in Piotr's when Kitty is an adult and the leader of the team is stupid and robs Kitty of agency.

I'm ao sick of these activists.

Well, I personally find that getting a few students killed, embezzling donations, refusing to pay taxes and playing baseball right after students deaths damage her character more.

Should've just done like Ellis and turned her 18 specifically so his self-insert could have sex with her.

The Tattoo artist never died, he went into a coma when he made a Phoenix tattoo

But that guy could have woken up. Why every single X-man doesn't go to him to get extra powers if he's giving them away to Ink for free like this doesn't make a lick of sense

Why is the first post complaining about all the Wolverines when they're all in other X Books, not Gold? They should stick to their chinese cartoon books.

>problematic
Ellie H is a living and breathing meme

I hate Gold but this criticism is dumb. Blame Whedon for Kitty and Colossus. She's an adult now so it's not weird anymore.

Its kinda weird when he's been violently obsessed with her for years.

He beat up Pete Wisdom out of jealousy
He attacked the JGS when he was Phoenix powered because Kitty wouldn't take him back

The only person he goes into more murderous rages for is his sister.

>The only person he goes into more murderous rages for is his sister.
that's only cause she doesn't date. If she did, he'd be be a jealous lover for her too

Never, EVER put down a character for beating the shit of Pete Wisdom's pompous ass.

There are far worse problems with that relationship than the stupid things this idiot pointed out. Like how the hell would you come back to a guy who literally told you in your face he cheated on you and outright left you with some of the coldest words I can think of? How can you go back to that same guy who showed clear red flag signs of stalking and literally beating up your new boyfriends? How can you go back to the same guy who chose the unstable decisions of her unstable sister over everything else including hers and the ones coming directly from the leader of the team?

More importantly how can Colossus even consider marrying a woman who left her previous fiancée just because he couldn't attend her birthday because he was busy running an intergalactic Empire?

the entire concept makes no sense on any level even compared to most x-men concepts.

>I wonder if he realizes how this makes him look
Like he was never a good writer to begin with?

X-men is the best reality show not on TV

Just saying, when Ellis was writing Excalibur he specifically had Kitty's 18th birthday party and at some point during his run I believe Pete Wisdom (who was a typical Ellis protag and thus an Ellis self-insert) took her virginity.

Arguing with fans is never a good look, even if you're right. Just don't publish your hatemail.

I have a feeling their running out of actual positive fanmail for Gold so have no choice but to post the hatemail.

>Tells off an SJW prude angry over how a fictional teenager dated another fictional teenager 30 years ago

What's the problem?

I responded to the wrong person. My comment was about the entire concept of ink being retarded.

Maybe we should America them.

He didn't used to be violently obsessed with her. Who started that nonsense again?

No argument there. Ink needs to fucking die

This doesn't really seem like passive-aggressiveness, honestly. I don't like Guggenheim but he took both criticisms well and responded to the first one by acknowledging different tastes, and to the second by explicitly and respectfully presenting a valid counter-point.

Compare this to Brevoort or Slott or Alonso or Spencer or Remender or pretty much anyone else at Marvel and this dude is the epitome of restraint and grace.

In the land of shit, porridge is delicious.

>Who writers paper letters nowadays?
I have no evidence for this, but I suspect that “letters” stopped being physical paper letters years ago. All these letters are simply emails.

back to pol retard

With XMen back in MCU they will find a “big” writer to push mutant back into the main comic and kick Inhumans out.

Not gonna lie, Whedon shoving them back together because "muh nostalgia" came out of fucking nowhere. Their relationship was pretty much over for a lot of good reasons, which you listed, and it was enough for them to just remain friendly after all that shit between them. It was mostly a very young girl's crush from Kity's end, anyway, and she moved on from that even in early Excalibur.

Then Whedon starts writing them and they immediately go back to their 80s' characterisation for no reason that makes sense, only now with fucking.

>some feminist faggot getting mad a girl is dating someone older
I dont mind hes calling her shit out

Man, Felicity turning on him must have really hollowed his gourd.

>More importantly how can Colossus even consider marrying a woman who left her previous fiancée just because he couldn't attend her birthday because he was busy running an intergalactic Empire?
Not gonna lie, I would totally buy an issue where Quill comes back and verbally destroys Kitty showing her how much of a cunt she really is.

Being against the New Puritanism is hardly Sup Forums. This modern prudishness is a joint effort by both far-left SJWs and far-right religious fundies.

Remember that letter they published in America? The one where user mocked the book by comparing it to the Room? He posted photos of himself mailing the actual paper letter. Yes.

It's vanishingly rare to see a letters column that includes the snail mail address. Look at OPs image, it only includes an email address.

Oh look, it's you again.

Oh look, you don't have any actual arguments. Why you so butthurt that not everyone's a prude like you?

>oh no a Sup Forumsack!
>I'm not from Sup Forums?
>even worse, you're a centrist!

Absolutely zero fucks were given by Ms K.Pryde on that day.

Writers don't answer the letters, that's the job of the assistant editor.

Should C.O. send another letter?

oh thank god they know people don't like Guggs. that secret empire tie in with the dude who lost his family had such potential and then.....

anyway Nightcrawler made it out. now i gotta hope some others follow.