This is cracker right?

This is cracker right?

>People: Support the diverse comics!!!
>The Same People: I don't buy comics, they're for nerds and toxic gross manchildren
>The Same People: Why are all these diverse comics dying? It must be those nerds and toxic gross manchildren!!!

Sounds more accurate

I'm pretty sure more people pirate comics than by them.

Posting social media screencaps in OPs should be a permaban

>boo hoo hoo

This
and also this

It's as true for them as it is for other comics fans. It's not like shitty SJW Marvel comics have noticeably lower sales than their non-SJW counterparts. On the one hand you have Squirrel Girl that barely sells and on the other you have King's Vision which barely sold.
Isn't Whor still Marvel's highest selling female led book?

Who doesn't pirate comics?

What were they looking for?

I don't

I'm a moralfag, I can't.

Paper is just far more pleasent to read than a screen.

Should always try before you buy though, if you're not sure what you're getting. Whenever there is a new series or writer I gotta read it first. Not throwing money down on a gamble.

I don't.
And not because I'm a moralfag.
It's because I fucking hate reading comics through a computer/cellphone/tablet screen.
That's also why I rarely read storytimes here on Sup Forums.
I'm old-school, if I can't have a physical version of any given comic then I just won't read it.

I do to see if I like a book or don't have access to the book when it comes out but want to be able to talk about it right away. I buy everything I want to see continue. That includes some of the diverse books these people talk about being important but don't read because they're too busy reimagining popular characters as gay, trans and not white.

Idiots
It's one thing to pay for comics and support what you like, it's another thing to leave money on the table

Please tell me that is not Voltron.

I don’t, it makes me feel bad

He's giving them way too much credit by assuming they even pirate and read them.

Here in Brazil you don't have any other option other than pirate. Comics are only released a year after it was published in the US and if you used the internet, by now you are already got spoiled. Besides they are even more expensive here, not worth expending money and there is not enough place to keep it. Reading comics online is more feasible, it costs nothing and I can store it anywhere.

how can you bear to read comics with such little bunda boy?

I pirate and then buy the ones I actually liked.

I do, but I also buy them afterwards if I liked them. This is an industry where the content is so influenced by sales, and I want to support the content I want to see.

I used to when I was a teen, but not anymore now that I have money and understand how fragile the industry is. Also I don't like digital comics for the same reason as

From purple girl, that small kid and white hair streak, I'm going to say it's meant to be the Robin.
Steph, Damian, Tim, Dick, Duke, Jason

I stopped about a year ago because my tablet died and I haven't gotten another yet. I spend about $200 a month on floppies and more on collected editions, and that number has remained consistent regardless of how much I pirate.

Cass, not Duke.

I only do because I can't possible afford everything I want to read but I do buy stuff I really enjoy, especially if they're smaller titles that need the support

>This is cracker right?
No, this is.

Bunda isn't all they say to be.

Ironically, only pirates don't pirate comics. Though that may just be due to lacking internet access on the high seas.

I pirate and buy trades of what I like

Thirding the idea of a permaban for OP.

Just stop trying to put these comics out at Marvel an DC.

You can make all the comics about gay superheroes and non-white superheroes and all that, and actually have a chance at some long-term success through Image or self publishing/web comics. How many times do you need to run into the wall until you find another door to walk through?

I though erasing asians is racism too

She, honestly made a good point
If the amount of people that viewed Luke Cage actually bought it, the comic would still be up
New Super-Man has shit sales but it's RCO views are over 144,000

I hate to play devil's advocate, but getting comics at Marvel and DC is their goal and not some small time bull shit.

I don't

Image/Darkhorse are just glorified movie pitches these days

>Should always try before you buy though
Yes. Try meaning sample, not stealing the whole thing and MAYBE buying it if you like it.

Read parts of a story time, do some online research to read reviews, or better yet, go to your local comic shop and peruse a book or two the way god intended.

It didn't sell because anyone was supporting "diversity". It sold for two reasons: One, brand loyalty. They'll buy just about anything that has the right name on it purely out of sense of obligation.

And two, people wanted to see what outrageous thing Marvel was going to do next. Marvel actually admitted they were stirring shit up for sales, which they say worked. Squirrel Girl and Vision didn't sell because no one in the mainstream knows who Squirrel Girl and Vision are. Everyone knows who Thor is, though, so between brand loyalty and fishing for controversy, it's going to (in theory) do well.