Iceman RIP

And Good Riddance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MA_CQPU5qbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

UGH.
UGHHHH.

How does this book even have defenders with pages like that?

Oh. Oh nooooo...

I need someone to tell me this is an edit.

There is no way in hell this is real.

Its real. He also calls his younger self "baby".

Whiter than Vanilla Ice

Do gay men like this?

Don't blame Bobby, everyone knows he was brainwashed by Young Jean into being gay, its cannon.

At least older Wolverine, X-Men, and mutant-centric comics tended to date themselves by the artwork instead of the writing (overuse of narration boxes notwithstanding). This page is immediately dated to Two Thousand Fucking Seventeen by virtue of a shitty pop culture reference, and it is not going to age as well as Marvel thinks.

I mean, shit, I'm one of those sensitive SJW lefty soibois or whatever the new insult is this week, and even I had to facepalm at this shit. I would read Squirrel Girl over this shit, and the art in Squirrel Girl looks like Henderson ate a box of crayons and shit out a page every six to eight hours.

>character comes out of the closet
>better make them adopt all the gay stereotypes and behave like a flaming faggot instead of having an actual personality

Oh, Bobby. The fuck did they do to you, man?

Somewhere, Northstar is crying.

I mean, if he's alive. I think he's dead at the moment.

If the only distinct character trait for a gay character is "I'm gay", or their entire personality can be boiled down to gay stereotypes, that character fucking sucks.

Look at Brooklyn 99. They had the good goddamned decency to give that bi chick an actual character long before she ever came out as bi.

Man...do writers think that as soon as you come out of the closet, you start being the gayest thing ever?

There are a lot of people who are just....gay, and they're not part of any flambouyant culture. You don't have to effiminize every gay character, there's a variety of types of gay. A rainbow, if you will.

>Man...do writers think that as soon as you come out of the closet, you start being the gayest thing ever?

Ignorant dumbassed straight writers do.

The worst part is that with Iceman, they're taking a character who already had an established personality for decades and is tossing it all aside from being the most generic pile of gay stereotypes. It's not just bland, it's also extremely out of character.

>The worst part is that with Iceman, they're taking a character who already had an established personality for decades and is tossing it all aside from being the most generic pile of gay stereotypes.

Which is patently stupid because even after someone figures out their sexuality, they don't suddenly become a stereotype. When I figured out I was bi, I didn't become an instantly different person. Again, chalk this up to dumbassed straight writers.

And lets not forget the best gay character on the show, who has ALWAYS been known to be gay, and he's just a hardboiled no-nonsense police chief. He doesn't need to talk about his gay clubs and shit, he just mentions his husband from time to time.

Remember Persona 4 where Genji was terrified of coming out and turning into a flamboyant stereotype?

But Sina Grace is gay. He pretty much made Bobby a clone of himself, in terms of personality.

>He pretty much made Bobby a clone of himself, in terms of personality.

I'd call him a cunt for doing that, but that would imply he has depth.

I ain't touching your weeaboo suicide games, so I'll take your word for it.

heheheh

>Ice giant? WOW
>DAMN, he is trashing those sentinels
>3 in one punch? That's cool
>you ruined it.

Simple. They got a flaming homosexual to self-insert himself as Bobby, replacing his actual personality in the process

It's like that one skit from whitest kids u know:

youtube.com/watch?v=MA_CQPU5qbo

>Remember Persona 4 where Genji was terrified of coming out

Kanji was NOT gay. He was just a pussy who didn't want to be called a fag for his hobbies. He was still quite clearly into girls. Specifically Naoto. Calling him gay is missing the point.

Now JUN was straight up homo.

Everything I've seen from Iceman since the Jean Grey retcon seems like the actions of a person who's desperately trying to convince himself and everyone around him that he's gay, but no one's buying it.

Oh man that's a nice pa-
fuck

He’s for depth...in his well-used cockhole

He was also into Chie and Yukiko.

But not Rise, funnily enough

Didn't even make it to 12 issues

>But not Rise
Kanji was a man of fine taste

This. Calling him gay misses the point of his entire character arc.

>tfw people were defending this shit for the first five or so issues
I hate Sup Forums sometimes.

I don't even care about the character or X-Men, but I feel so bad for their fans.

>into Chie

When was this?

They want what they think will buy the book and they foolishly look at fanfiction groups to see what's trending and copy that. It's flawed as fuck because fanfiction readers don't mean they will buy any book.

And when he fucks a dude he's in actuality being raped. The worst thing about him being raped is his rapists don't know they're committing a heinous act. I sure would feel real fucked up if I found out that the person I was fucking was being forced to by a evil psychic teenager from the past. I could never pursue a relationship again as I will never be sure it was genuine.

whos bi? Rosa?

except them making Rosa bi was a bit of an asspull in this latest season that had never been even remotely hinted at before. They just use her because she's the only character that can remotely date in the series, so making her bi is literally one of last ways they can inject any interest into their rapidly dwindling storylines because they never thought they'd last this long.

For a show that treats Holt as well as they do, they fucked up hard making Rosa bi just for the attention. It's a shame. But it's also not surprising given how the s5 writers don't seem to be the same writers as the early seasons because they keep shitting on continuity and are flanderising the characters.

I feel bad for Marvel Book fans in general, think about it, the movies are a goddamn golden goose of advertisement, publicity and just ingraining the heroes into the general populous mind. So what do they do with that opportunity? In 7 years they start playing race and gender politics trying to get a market that won't stick around (if even start reading) and butcher any synergy. Worse they had no fucking clue what they were doing. Black Cap? Ok whatever it's not even the first time that's happen. Falcon as Cap? Completely fuck up, you just broadcasted to every black kid out there that even a 30 year old hero that has been know and gain status in the film world must play the role of a god damn white super hero to carry his own book. That bullshit will never piss me off because you can't get much more tokenism than that. The only thing that makes me angrier is WB and Synder fucking up DC films so bad that the books couldn't get that great shot in the arm that what MCU did.

The entire push for diversity and the invasion of comics, cartoons and video games that's occurred in the ~6 years has been some of the most racist and even sexist shit that I've ever seen.

I too am an SJW shitter, as the kids say, and I find this whole page fucking repulsive

That ice monster form looks rad as hell. Shame about that awful writing.

I wish we could have more non-white heroes and villains, but they need to either be proper legacy characters (like Robbie Reyes) or new characters.

Too bad Marvel and DC know they're too shit at marketing and pushing new things to actually make such a thing stick and only bother to slam their feet down for passive aggressive garbage instead.

I feel like crying but that won't help anybody

Certainly shows the writers doesn't it? "Oh look at us such humble white folk showing the world that all races are great that we should remind them everyday how shitty they are and how easy we have it" naturally you then get the bad minority writers that can have their works sum up as "death to whitey!"
I mean, what the fuck happen? I've been binge reading and watching a lot of 70s~80s progressive media and what not and it's just jaw dropping the night and day quality, when actual threats were out their for minorities lives and the post WW2 red scare world made America it's most phobic we had these amazing stories of blacks asians, natives, nationalist, communist, atheist, theist all coming together and trying to overcome what they all were for the better of the human race, it wasn't about who was the best or most oppressed. Even when gender/race politics were injected it was usually treated with the weight of reality where everyone had their say and everyone debated it's value rather than just saying "we are right, get over it"
Now? When racism, sexism and the like not only struggle to take root abroad but also can be punished? We take everyone and put them in boxes and demand that we scale who had it shittiest and who is most privileged. Why? Because somehow that makes people (mostly white folks) feel like they are doing something when they are doing nothing at all. censoring cheese cake doesn't help the 50 million women beaten and raped by their truly woman hating spouses. Forcing a black cape hero to be flawless doesn't help the estimated 5 million intercity black youth that go into crime and drugs because their neighborhoods are abandon blindspots of the country that these oh so progressive types wouldn't even fly over let alone help them. No, these glorious armchair activist get their value bulling corporate entertainment goods that fix -nothing- while the leaving real victims to twist and rot in hell. I fucking hate this world anymore.

... Come the fuck on, Marvel.

I doubt they have few of those left anymore. X-men, the JLA killer of the 90s, now just a mewling mess of dead heroes and token gays.

Everytime I see non-white, non-male character I wonder if this character actually has some depth to them or are they a diversity character who are nothing but their appearance and their creator's feelings about identity politics. I hate that feeling. I hate having such thoughts about a character. 10 years ago you could introduce a character that was any combination of gender, sexual preference, and race and that would never be a issue in the first place as we would be looking beyond that to learn about them. Diversity characters are now just red flags warning you if the story will actually be good or not and it's the people who push it's fault.

Transformer Megatron

What a flaming faggot, he looks like the kind of fag that goes to gay parade and tell you internalize homophobia, because you don't behave like a flame

This is true, but Bubby has also been nonsexually flamboyant and responsible for shitty pop culture references for most of his existence. But we shouldn't let that get in the way of the megafaggot circle jerk.

Because Andre Baugher is fucking great, watch Homicide.

>Somewhere, Northstar is crying.

Because it happened to him too, when he joined the X-Men? Because he lost all his edgy bad temper and turned into a token flamer as an X-Man.

You know this SJW shit has gone to far when they make Galactus Black