DINDU

>electoral college system
"A DISASTER FOR DEMOCRACY"

>wins ONLY because of said 'disastrous' system
loses popular vote

Electoral College is required because otherwise everyone else in America is at the mercy of California and New York.

You got to play the system Alinsky style.

>“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

fpbp
fuck both of those commie jew mexinigger states

>wins ONLY because of said 'disastrous' system
Not true. He campaigned to win using that very system. Had popular vote been the deciding factor, he would have campaigned definitely and would have won anyway.

The left had 8 years of OBAMA. During these eight years I heard a lot of talk about a big blue wall in the electoral college. It seemed like demographics had shifted such that it was impossible for a republican to win this year and with continuing shifts it would be impossible for them to ever win again.

During these 8 years Obama did not even once bring up the electoral college in any meaningful way. Even if he couldn't abolish it he could at least have brought it up continuously throughout his eight years and tried to get a bill or something through congress to at least say he tried to get rid of it. But there was absolute silence from the left.

The left also spent the last couple months ridiculing Trump and fear mongering because he said the system was rigged.

Suddenly, however, they say the system is rigged and the electoral college needs to be done away with. I just don't understand the angles that you people try to play.

This comment made me feel a rush of tuesdays smugness all over again.

Top ten largest cities make 7.5% of population. Think again.

it's like the not paying taxes thing, he's a total fucking genius at using a shitty system for the most gain

People in CA dont vote red because the whole state is locked blue

Unfortunately that makes popular vote skewed because libs get to vote in grouos for fun

>loses popular vote
He's projected to win it.

>win popular vote
it's meaningless
lots of people don't vote at all because they live in a blue or red state

>get rid of electoral college
>republicans that normally don't vote in hardline democrat states come out in droves
>still loose anyway

Democrats are out numbered in the U.S.
The EC is the best thing they have going for them.

And that 7.5% votes overwhelmingly democrat

if we went by popular vote than california and new york would always decide the election and they're full of illegal aliens voting.

Electoral college is good for offsetting election rigging so high population states with highly partisan officials that are easier to get away with rigging in don't automatically control the outcome of the election.

What percentage of electoral votes we have locked in for democrat now?

Plus not entirety of that 7.5% votes democrat anyway.

romney won the popular vote in 2012.

d-did they forget?

I don't think he did. Obama was ahead by more than few percent.

shhh i'm trying to shitpost

No he didn't, he was like 2% behind Obama.

Romney was an incredibly weak candidate. All mormons are insufferable faggots. We should have eradicated them back in the 1800s.

>Cities have electoral votes

how fucking stupid are you

>the tears, user
>hand them over

he had million more votes when Hillary conceded, what's changed since then?

Reading comprehension.

California only counted 34% of its ballots at that time.