How it goes from this?

How it goes from this?

to this?

...to this?

...to this???

...and finally to the most mediaplayed and biggest round of cancellations from Marvel Comics in recent memory that are not directly caused by line-wide relaunches and events?

Blanks indicate ended or cancelled titles. Blinking covers indicate titles not in the latest solicitations but not yet officially cancelled.

I mean, what did you expect?
This has been a staple of Marvel comics for a really long while
What irks me is that there's still more than a dozen other books that deserve to be cancelled just as much.
Do you have a list on what has been Cancelled for DC's Rebirth?

superwoman
blue beetle
cyborg

Nice job

Spirits of Vengeance was always a mini, can't really count that as a cancellation.

>What irks me is that there's still more than a dozen other books that deserve to be cancelled just as much.

how does a book deserve to be cancelled?

It's selling like shit.
Comics publishing is a business, no reason to keep something that doesn't create a profit.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you helped do the profit/loss margins at Marvel.

how much was Marvel losing by publishing Luke Cage or America over some white heroes?

Don't be a retard, it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with poor writing.

You know how I know you're a tumblrina that doesn't know the first things about comics and is just here to bitch about evil racists of Marvel and shit?
Because anyone who's into comics at a more than casual level, especially in a place like this where sales lists are discussed monthly, knows the decade+ old 20k cancellation threshold rule and the reasons behind it.
In November, Luke Cage was selling 12k. America was selling 8k and change. That's not even close to being enough to turn a profit, because I don't know if your retarded upper middle class ass knows this, but products need to be PRODUCED, and to do that, you need MONEY.

you don't know how much it costs to make each book.
you don't know digital sales (which comixology only gives a ranking and not an actual download amount, and Marvel refuses to release)
you don't know how these books actually sold, because Diamond doesn't actually release the number of copies sold each month, they use a rubric that shows sales relative to other books.

so unless you're going around to every shop and polling how a book did in any given month (and ignoring back-issue sales and re-orders like diamond does in their monthly charts), plus have intuitive insider knowledge of Marvel's production costs, you literally know shit compared to anyone else in this thread or online outside of legit comics professionals.

Surprised they cancelled America and kept Moon Girl

In America's case? A lot. Heavily promoted, EW claiming she was the best new superhero for 2017, etc etc. But all the attention to her book turned out bad in spite of people (usually "professional" reviewers) trying to claim it was a quality book. A book like Squirrel Girl or Ms Marvel is able to have low sales because digital and trade make up for it, AND their sales levels weren't expected to be as high as Amazing Spider-Man or whatever. America is doing bad by the levels of Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl. Low sales overall (monthly/tpb print, digital), bad reception (much of Scans Daily didn't like it, and they're the target audience; I remembered there was also some negativity on Something Awful's comic board, too), these things lead people to believe that the character isn't good in general and making her a hard sell for next time unless someone does a better job.

There should be better diverse books. You shouldn't have to settle for Marvel's America the way it is while getting upset at people not liking it. Unless you're one of those who enjoy it like as if it were The Room of comics.

Moon Girl they probably want to push in Scholastic. Her sales levels might be expected to be around the range of past Marvel kids books, like those Marvel Animation comics that were basically screencap comics.

>so unless you're going around to every shop and polling how a book did in any given month
And why would I even do that? Marvel doesn't care about those numbers, that's not the money they get, that's not how direct market works. Stop embarrassing yourself, tumblrina.

America was always a showcase for the artist, when they moved him to Spider-Man, America's days were numbered.

Cool

>Diamond doesn't actually release the number of copies sold each month, they use a rubric that shows sales relative to other books.
No they don't. They say how many copies retailers brought. So not the true sales but the maximum sales.