Why does DC want to promote the Bat Family so hard but pretend that the Flash Family doesn't exist outside of Barry...

Why does DC want to promote the Bat Family so hard but pretend that the Flash Family doesn't exist outside of Barry? This is especially confusing since Barry hasn't even been The Flash for a decent portion of the comic's history and makes up a minority of the most beloved issues unlike Bruce who has been the dominate face of the comic for practically the entire comic's run.
Dick and Batgirl get 4 comics and their own upcoming movies for Christ sake while Wally and Jay aren't even going to be cannon in the DC movies and pretty much don't have a presence in the modern comics.

Speedsters are boring.

Going fast is literally the least boring power you can have. Way more fun of a power than cosplaying as a bat.

Fuck you dude
The Batfamily is even worse

DC sees Wally and Jay as a threat. Wally and Jay are more interesting and more competent than Barry. Dick will never come close to being on Bruces level so they treat him like "Kid Batman". Also Black Wally exists and they need the diversity points if they want to be good goys.

There's a new Flash family

Yeah and it's shit. No one cares about that random woman speedster they put in. Black wally pretty much hates Barry as well and they have a shit relationship.

yeah a bunch of unpowered street level characters who all fight exactly the same is way more interesting

>Black Wally exists so white Wally will never be able to show up in any media ever
>They couldn't just fucking call the nig Wallace or something
>Even worse is that Barry is a fucking meme lord in the movies and a huge fuck up in the TV show and this is what he will be known as from now on
Live action was a mistake.

It's not DC as a whole OP. They're the reason there are so many Bat-books (almost all of them do pretty well) but if you want the man responsible for ruining Flash comics, look no further than pic related

>brought Barry back and masturbated him for an entire limited series
>had Wally essentially step aside both during and after said limited series so that the REAL Flash could take care of business
>later rewrote canon in a huge Barry-centric event, erasing Wally entirely, not just his Flash career

I actually like Avery, at least she has a fucking character, unlike Barry.

People who can't just breeze through obstacles are more interesting. When will Flash and Super retards realize the reason Batman and his family are popular because they don't have broken power sets? They kick your ass in a way you can relate to, not just RUN FAST BECAUSE OF RUN FAST DIMENSION. Sup Forums is filled with grade A man child autists

Have you ever read a Flash comic in your life? They're VERY rarely that linear, even in the golden age. Powersets don't ruin comics, all you need are story shenanigans to keep things interesting.

It ain't just the Flash Family that gets neglected. Remember, Batman is LITERALLY the ONLY comic that sells, so only Bat characters are allowed to have any play. So the Superfamily is now limited to just Clark, Lois, and Jon. The Wonderfamily isn't a thing because Johns is using the book to shill his Fourth World fanfic. The Fates have to wait for the JSA to come back, if they're lucky. The Hawks are merely a means to prop up Batman via Metal. The Aquafamily is better off not existing because the instant Mera and Arthur have a kid some writer's gonna kill it for drama. You're pretty much fucked if you want to see this kind of thing right now.

>Breeze through obstacles
You literally just described Batgod you retard. Wally had more trouble and problems in his first 10 years as Flash than Batman did his entire career. Holy shit you are such a fucking casual shit.

Say what you want about Marvel but at least they give more a shit about more than just fucking Spiderman. Fucking THORE, a B list hero is now one of the most popular heroes of all time and DC treats their A listers like shit and don't want to promote anyone not wearing a Bat cosplay.

>breeze obstacles
>Wally literally exploded everything that way.
God son, You need to know more about the good uncle Leonard.

Barry
Wally 1
Wally 2
Avery
and Jay

Isn't a bad foundation for a new Flash Family

>wally learned how to go through walls without them exploding but lets them explode anyway

love that dude

Pretty much. See, Batman is the guaranteed cash cow, so he needs the near exclusive promotion, even though the name alone sells. Meanwhile, in the real world, every other IP suffers due to this neglect.

>Marvel
Oh, yeah, I forgot. Shazam doesn't even have his own book right now, and won't for the foreseeable future, so if you want Marvelfamily stuff, you are proper fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

>TFW Captain Marvel for years

>Oh my God I'm fucking Asian Flash, dude, lmao
Yeah, great fucking character my nigga
Fucking love it

A better character than "I'm an old man Flash" like Jay or Max

Try reading some comics with her in them for once, user.

Jay and Max are nothing like Barry, Wally, Bart, or each other. None of the speedsters are alike.

i agree

>Dick and Batgirl get 4 comics

They got one solo book and one team book each. And Dick's team book (Titans) is really Wally-centric.

>Wally and Jay aren't even going to be cannon

You should be thankful for that

>pretty much don't have a presence in the modern comics

It isnt hard to find Wally stuff in rebirth, and Jay has been the only member of the JSA to be teased to come back.
Also Flash War will probably bring back the twins too

>Wally-Centric
This hasn't been true in months. He is even leaving the team.

Dick has 2 books and one extra where he is the main character of a team. Batgirl has 2 books including one where she is the leader of the team.

Wally 2 is absolute garbage.

Barry is the worst and actively prevents the family from mattering.

Because no one gives a shit about the Flash family.

There was like an entire issue a couple months ago narrated by his letter to Dick about how much he loves Dick.

Johns actually is a huge Wallyfag who has attempted to bring him back and give him prominence for years. It is the rest of WB management that is pushing for Barry and Barry alone. Please pay attention.

Wally 2 has been getting better since Rebirth

Between his appearances in Flash, Deathstroke, and Teen Titans he's hasn't been nearly as garbage as when he first showed up

He at the very least is better than current Barry.

Is this supposed to not prove the point?

And Wally too.

The books is very largely Wally focused. Even during the Donna Troy arc Wally was the most important character.

>He at the very least is better than current Barry.

He's not better than anything. He's a stupid fucking SJW addon who can fuck off so we can get Bart back in his proper position.

Classic speedsters are fun.
Modern power creeped speedsters are boring.
Speed force ain't gotta explain shit is cringy.

>Wally is better than Wally
TAKE THAT BACK

Jeph johns is such a double edged sword. He writes great comics but he has some really dumb ideas sometimes.

That's why you don't make aquamans sidekick a child of his.

That isn't how the speedforce originally was like though, that was only a how things were later around the time Barry came back. Before The Speed Force acted as a speed limit that would kill you if you went too fast.

Writers cannot do anything interesting with speedsters. It's been the same things since Cary Bates, Messner-Loebs and Waid. There isn't any Flash story out of the ordinary. I wish Morrison gets to write his Flash story, or they put some creative guy on the book.

Anyone else severely disappointed by current Flash comics? Supporting cast sucks or ends up dead, Classic Wally is stuck on Titans, Rogues are just doing fuck all, more evil speedsters, and Iris is being a cunt

They should bring back Bart as Impulse and give him a qt bf.

When Morrison was on the Flash in 1998, he didn't do any better. In fact, he was outdone by Mark Millar writing solo issues at the end of said run that introduced the Black Flash.
Wank Morrison elsewhere, user. He doesn't always make things better. Besides, he (not Johns) brought Barry back in the first place in Final Crisis.

post some of that female Flash. She pops my erection

I've enjoyed it, by and large, but it has had it's share of disappointments for me. Even Silver Age Iris was better-written, Wally should've been more present, and Barry still hasn't acted like Barry since 1986. On the plus side, NuWally has become enjoyable, Grodd is actually about to be used again, and Godspeed was more likable than most of the Waid era's extraneous speedsters. If they're not going to bring back Zolomon, at least he filled that niche.
I've read it every month without regretting it or dropping it, but it's far from perfect and still too much like the show in the sense of Barry just not feeling like the original Barry.

>Writers cannot do anything interesting with speedsters
See the Flash volume 2.

No user, most of Sup Forums pretty much agrees that The Flash hasn't been good in at least 10 years.

thing is, to build a superhero family, you need a strong lead to build off of. Thats why DC is pushing barry so hard, so eventually they can get the rest of the flash family popular.

nightwing, red hood, batgirl, etc. none of them would be popular at all if it wasnt for bruce being at the core.

they have several of the flash family members on the TV show, and they brought back OG wally, so theyre working on it

>Volume 2
It's impossible to know what or which volume 2 you're talking about, after so many relaunches.

>He was in a few issues as a fill in writer. It was still better than the entirety of Johns' run
>Everything Millar wrote in the 90s can be attributed as ghost written by Morrison.
>His concept of the Barry Allen story he wants to write sounds interesting.

Editorial was the one who pushed for Barry to come back, not Johns. Johns loved Wally and the family

I hate how they turned Barry into an emotional, whiny bitch. "Huhu i fuck up everything ablo bloo" what the fuck happened to the heroic Barry in CoIE? What happened to the Barry that said "Life doesn’t give us purpose , we give life a purpose"? I wish DC would fucking kick Williamson out

>Dick has 2 books
Are you counting the elseworld one? Cause then everything counts

He is leaving the team cause fucking drama and the attention is yet again on him. All the arc so far, who always saved the team? Wally. During the Lazarus Contract who was the most important character? Nightwing? Wrong, Wally. Donna and Arsenal have some drama by themselfs then who drop by? Wally. Evil Donna from the future to destroy the Titans who stops her? Wally who came back from the dead as the only true savior.

It still is Wally's book user and it will stay that way

Because the common man is too dumb to understand that three Flashes can co-exists

>Bart back in his proper position

...so with the Teen Titans?

Well super-family character are still there they just don't interact so much, last time they teamed up was when Supes went blind.
Still characters like Mon-El and Kol-El are lacking in Rebirth

Two Flashes are already co-existing and Jay is teased to come back.

>Teen Titans

Well that's the position Black Wally is on

Maybe he means volume two as in the second flash comic book.
Having volume mean two different things was a mistake.

Not him but do you have proof?

Maybe user means as sidekick to the Flash

Which Bart never really was since Wally and Barry didn't want anything to do wit him and pawned him off on Max and Jay

Wally's Flash run, particiularly Mark Waid's tenure on it. So Flash Vol 2. (1987)