Memes aside, is steamed hams even a memorable skit to you all?

memes aside, is steamed hams even a memorable skit to you all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8kp3b5h2DY
youtu.be/V8kp3b5h2DY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep. The memes ruined it. Now shut the fuck up about it.

Yes

It's literally my favorite Simpson bit tied with "20 dollars?" and "That's Good/Bad" joke's.

Apu's skit, Bumblebee Guy and the Pulp Fiction parody were all infinitely better.

Yep. The Aurora Borealis part cracked me up as a kid. The Cletus one was also good, but only the ending, and I was too young to understand the Pulp Fiction references in Wiggum's skit.

>"SEYMOUR! THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"
>"No, Mother, it's just the Northern Lights."

I think if you showed it to someone new, they'd appreciate it purely for the tremendous lengths he goes to to try and make it work, despite your directions the obvious holes being created by maintaining the narrative.

>Because I'm from Utica, and I've never heard them called that before...
>Oh, no, it's an Albany expression!

yes. it's still unironically funny as fuck.

I think the funniest thing is that it's supposed to be a parody of those old buddy-buddy sitcoms, but could be sitcom worthy in its own right,. as opposed to a modern family guy skit where they just name drop something and throw in wacky bits of violence for no reason.

My favorite part of my favorite episode

>almejas->hamburguejas al vapor
The joke came out pretty funny in Latino.

Yes, but as usual Reddit has to go ahead and ruin it for me so i'll forever block it out.

>the Aurora Borealis
>at this time of the year
>conveniently located inside your kitchen
>...can I see it?
That line cracked me up pretty hard.

Gambones al vapor was better.

It’s funnier when you realize Utica is just an hour and a half drive away from Albany.

>......
>no

The way it all comes to a head with him saying "May I see it" is so fucking good. He's so genuinely just curious about it and says it in such a great way.

I enjoy the fact that the Superintendent is highly sceptical the entire time yet still buys Seymour's lies.

Why did it even become a meme in the first place?

i like to think after he goes round the back to see if its actually there only to realise that Skinner played him like a fool the entire time, imagine the conversation they have the next time they see one another

AURO BOREALIS!

Not nearly as funny to me as Johnny Tightlips. Me and my brother quote that shit at eachother at any given opportunity.

this post

Fuck those were good too
i got pulp fiction from context from other shows referencing it. i understood there was a movie with jon travolta brutally murdering people and for some reason people thought it was funny and liked to quote it a lot. to me it looks godawful

>hired goons?

I thought it was a pretty accurate thing family guy would do. it's meant to be a normal sitcom farce but one of them just blows a huge hole in it instead of going with it
then an even bigger hole
then goes along with it anyway

Sounds pretty forced desu.

The best skit is when homer ate the insanity pepper

>They say he carved it himself, from a bigger spoon

Honestly yes. I quote this line a lot.

>The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

I used to play final fantasy 11 and any time there was such a weather event, which DID happen in that game, Id make that quote.

one of many jokes that my poor sense of hearing / bad 90s audio quality ruined. I thought he said 'a bitterspoon' and i assumed it was a kind of spoon i was unaware of, like 90% of kinds of spoons.

Unless it's snowing.

Then it's two hours.

LOL yeah good luck driving in Upper State New York during a snowstorm.

Not really, in fact it doesn't matter what you translate clams as, as long as it sounds similar to hams

"just" an hour and a half drive? christ

>>>/resetera/

Yes "Steamed Hams" is one of the all time greatest Simpsons gags
>Steamed Hams
>Gay Steel Mill
>Planet of the Apes the Musical
>The entire sexual harasment episode

>oh, be nice
it's hard to laugh at the sexual harrassment episode's plot since nobody ever learned from it, but holy shit it was funny in general
hell I laughed at "Rowdy Roddy PEEPER" even before I knew who roddy piper was

I gotta be honest, Sup Forums. I even enjoy the memes.

The work some people put into the videos, for a stupid joke, makes me laugh. I love that guy who does piano dubs of Simpson’s scenes.

To me it will always be Amendment to Be

>"There's a lot of flag burners who've got too much freedom, I wanna make it legal for policement to beat 'em"

i dont enjoy the videos but a friend of mine surprisingly does even though it's not remotely his thing usually.
i just like quoting the show and sometimes replying to other people with memes in ways that tie into the conversation. like Weebo

I like how the kid even had the fucking eyes-lower-than-the-nose and everything
didnt appreciate the fucked up politics (last i checked it's not us trying to curtail free speech) but back then at least they were a lot more even-handed. Sideshow Bob Roberts was great. every fucking moment of it.

Yes. It was funny.

The delivery was god-tier stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=V8kp3b5h2DY

They got it so good.

the memes are fun because most variants on the video actually try to twist it/do something amusing in its own right with it, which is refreshing compared to something like We Are Number One just a year ago where all the variants were BEE MOVIE SHREK EAR RAPE LMAO

I'll make Ted Kennedy pay, if he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.

I thought he said better spoon

SEYMOUR! yes sir? WHERE ARE THE STEAMED CLAMS? we're not having steamed clams YOU SAID i said steamed hams oh and here they are thanks its raining men

Fuckin ell

I'd be willing to guess it became a meme because it's hilarious as fuck.

Ready for nuSimpsons to reference this meme and kill the joke for good?

Absolutely, it's got several good points.

It's got god-tier "black humor" of showing you how bad Skinner's life is and how badly he fucks up over and over, at least for something kids can watch it's as mean to Skinner as it can get without having him lose everything forever.

It's got good basic jokes, with the "Steamed hams" line being cute and clever.

It's got good random-humor, with the "Aurora Borealis" comment coming from nowhere and sounding extremely absurd.

It's got good joke timing and stretching, extending the Aurora Borealis joke to as good as it can get with the long clarification of it being in his kitchen.

And it ends with a great subversion, giving you the line "can I see it" from someone that until that point was shown to be logical and serious, which works perfectly.

It's not like YOU have to drive it, retard. When you live an hour or two away from a place, people from that place will come to where you live, at least to pass through. The punchline in the line is clearly "the distance between Utica and Albany is not large enough for this to be a realistic explanation".

The part where he walks into the fire in his kitchen and immediately comes back out yawning is the kind of humor I'd expect way later than the episode's air date.

>Planet of the Apes the Musical
Muh nigga.

The only reason anyone remembers anything anymore is because of memes. In the last couple of years, corporations realized memes were basically free advertising, so now they try to force them wherever possible, not realizing that real memes aren't intentionally created, so they come off as tone-deaf and out of touch.

It also has perfect delivery from the voice actors.

Speaking of misheard jokes, when I was a kid I thought Marge's line here was "you've got it set on horror," which is actually a sensical punchline in this context, but not as funny.

Yeah, one of my favourites.
I guess it just matches surrealism and domestic normality perfectly.

desu I'm fascinated by memes as a form, like as a template.
we've got used to them in a weird way, so now sometimes just slotting things together like lego makes you chuckle even though it's not funny, even in a "it's silly so i laughed" way, it's just that you're used to laughing at the form in a mechanical sense.

it doesn't work quite so well with simpsons memes because they make a bit too much sense. (being funny in their own right, then combined.) but for others it works quite well.

I've always liked it, surprised to come back to Sup Forums and see it's a meme now. Better than Sneedposting desu.

Yeah, I love watching meme appear and evolve.

Fuck yeah it was. I've always considered it to be one of the funniest parts of the Simpsons, and it's a scene my family and friends would remember often when discussing or quoting the show.
Also what said

>And it ends with a great subversion, giving you the line "can I see it" from someone that until that point was shown to be logical and serious, which works perfectly.

The whole thing ending with Skinner giving a simple "no" slays me every time.

>Sup Forums kills another great comedic moment

Memes ruined it.
Seymour saying "YES" in the tone that he did was funny to me. He also sounded he had more life compared to recent episodes

I never thought much of it when I watched it growing up. It wasn't until I watched the version in English that it become noteworthy to me; I guess the original performance really pulled the scene through.

I love the Aurora Borealis bit, but honestly I think I've never laughed more at than Simpsons than when Hibbert punches Hugo in the face.
Simpsons has tons of great moments though. Every time I start to think about the series I remember all these fantastic throw away lines and skits

>What's wrong with me?
>I think you're crazy
>I want a second opinion
>You're also lazy

The performances sold it

>I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee

Abstract simpsons images are dank as fuck

>planet of the apes musical
now I'm going to be singing that all day. fuck you

Sup Forums did nothing you fuck, this became a meme outside of Sup Forums.

>Yes, and you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they're obviously grilled.
>Skinner's complete loss for words

What are some other simpsons scenes that spawned masterpieces like these?
youtu.be/V8kp3b5h2DY

That's amazing, shame it's only 240p.

It's supposed to be like the ps1's res

>Well, we finally made it, old friend.
Despite your directions.

>Green Barrett Vietnam vet who lives with his stepmom and has a family recipe for steamed hams

Is Skinner peak human?

I agree with your premise but I find it strange that you would bring it up here.

Maybe I should have mixed Knightboat with Skinner leading troops...

''Just'' is applicable for an hour and a half drive in big countries like the us, canada, russia, etc.