Crossed

Is the main Crossed run good if I enjoyed the webcomics? What about 100+?

>tfw crosswalks for captcha

The stuff by Ennis and Spuirrer is good, the rest not so much. Moore's alwayss worth readinh

As a Guro-fan am I the only who dislike Crossed gore?

It lacks life, emotion, it feels empty, flat and forced.

>This edgefest
>Ever good

What's with Avatar Press's house style? It leads to every comic of theirs looking the same no matter who's drawing.

Forced is the best way to describe Crossed desu

You know, If I had to I would eat a hot lady. If I had to.

Main run is mostly mediocre to bad, check out Ennis stuff and don't bother with the rest.
I liked Moore's 100+, I haven't finish Spurrier's run and I don't plan to.
Linguistical gimmick is a bit too forced and doesn't really feel necessary. Makes the book less enjoyable too read, especially Spurrier's part. Worldbuilding is interesting, above average post-apocaliptic scenario when it comes to creativity.

I thoroughly enjoyed Smokey whenever he appears.
And to a lesser extent, whenever a "dead" fucker comes back as a crossed as a "Oh shit" moment.

Or Avatar Press.

It's probably like Dynamite where they just pay shit and grab up artists straight out of school.

That's kinda how all Avatar Press series are. They're obsessed with gore but don't bother hiring artists who can actually draw gore.

Nope. The webcomic is the best of Crossed, there are a few stories from the comics that are alright, but by and large you're going to be disappointed if your first taste was the webcomic

I liked Juan Jose Ryp, who worked on some Moore and Ellis Avatar books

The only Crossed story I read that I would recommend is the one about a Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman, and a Scotsman finding a priest who gave up escaping a city in order to stay and protect some orphans

Speaking of, did Avatar Press get in a fight with Ellis or something, because he hasn't written anything for them in years.

The art was terrible in that one though.

Not really a house style, just house bad coloring.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

I take it you haven't read providence

BEMIS :DDDD

I started it, but Burrows is just "fine" as an artist and the coloring was ugly enough that I didn't care to keep reading.

I read the recent article on TCJ about the ending and how the author believes that Lovecraft in the story is a stand in for Moore to reflect on his own career. If it really is Moore's final work it seems like he went out on a high note.

Bruh. Crossed is the post-apocalyptic world I would least want to live in.

>I started it, but Burrows is just "fine" as an artist and the coloring was ugly enough that I didn't care to keep reading.

I'll give you that, i think the coloring ranges from stale to outright gross to look at in certain issues.

Burrows work is best appreciated in the details, if you look at the backgrounds and the intricacies of his other than human figures that's where you see the talent.

His drawings of people are dog shit. they've gotten better over the years but still.

And yeah, the final act of the story pays it all off, try picking back up and powering through the slowness, it's worth it.

>the intricacies of his other than human figures that's where you see the talent.

Oh no argument, I really like his covers.

I can't think of any other apocalyptic cause so intent on putting things in my butt.

I think Ellis just got a better deal doing his stuff at Image.

What about the blowhole?