Cementing Moment

Post the moment in comics/tv shows that cemented a character as your favorite. Pic related is why Superman is my favorite hero of all time. There were a bunch of moments to choose from but the one I'm posting really hits me.

Clark is too good for this world. I don't know why but this moment hits me like a ton of bricks.

Another Superman moment that kills me.

>Clark Ex Machina

More Superman.

Not really a specific moment, but a moment that could have occurred in most of his stories and it wouldn't change anything. Seven words to put the world at ease.

Casey always wrote a great Superman. Pacifist Superman is probably my favorite rendition of the character. The most logical progression for his character

In one page Superman solves the incursion crisis

Probably the quintessential Superman moment. I know it's been posted her well over a hundred times but it's still worth posting. Pretty sure it will always be worth posting.

If I'm looking for a moment that cemented a villain as my favorite, this one comes close. Geoff Johns' rendition of Zoom was straight up horrifying.

Just one of the many moments that cemented Osborn as my favorite Marvel villain.
>There's another sequence by Jenkins that comes close but I can't quite track it down.
>It involved Osborn going on TV and denouncing the murder of Gwen Stacy and placing them on Peter

As awesome and character-defining as the end of the Apocalypse War is, when it comes to Judge Dredd it was the end of the Judge Child Quest that really sealed the deal for me.
It was the moment that proved without a shadow of a doubt that Dredd is not a mindless automaton who blindly follows orders, but rather an individual with his own sense of right and wrong, one strong enough to go directly against his mission based only on his own instincts. It gives him a level of personal agency rarely matched by any other character I've read, and the fact it comes from a guy like him just makes it all the more surprising.

There's that other sequence where Norman is rehearsing a press-release he'd be doing about The Iron Spider and literally cannot bring himself to not say Spider-Man, eventually devolving in to just saying it over and over again while laughing maniacally.

I'm intrigued. Care to provide a good starting point?
>I saw that they are collecting Judge Dredd: Case Files. Would you suggest I start there and just keep going?

That sounds amazing. Do you know if it was also a part of Ellis' Thunderbolts or soemthing else?

Also this page is obligatory for all fans of Black Manta

Yep, Case Files are your best bet. They collect all of Dredd in order. Volume 1 is a bit weird and janky since it's super early Dredd, but Volume 2 has The Cursed Earth and The Day The Law Died, which were huge defining epics for him. And by volume 3 you get Judge Death and it's smooth sailing from there.

I know Hydra Cap wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I adored what Spencer brought to the character. He presented a distinctly unique take on Cap that tooked influence from what came before but was still his own unique character. Probably why Secret Empire was one of my favorite Marvel events in recent years.

Fucking A. Going to start taking a look meow. Super appreciated.

Unrelated to this thread, I'm watching Justice League and I don't like it. I really wanted to but so far it just isn't clicking. I just finished the first major battle with the parademons.

Three page sequence of why Ultimate Pete is my favorite Marvel hero.

Pt. 2

Gaiman should write more Batman.

Pt. 3

Now at the part in Justice League where Supes just got resurrected. The entire scene with the Flash where he trips is retarded. Supes should not be anywhere near on the same level as Flash but maybe I'm just too used to an actual competent Flash. I honestly feel like CW Flash would be a better contender against Supes than DCEU Flash

I thought it was pretty clear he was still faster. Just that superman was the first person he ever met who could keep an eye on him. And two, supe's other abilities make it so punching/pushing him is useless and will just rebound on you.

holy shit
This is black manta level shit

The Arc is "Blitzd" of The Flash by Geoff Johns.

I know a lot of people consider this moment cliche'd, I don't.

This user obviously has taste.

I know some may consider this lame, but the idea of a Pacifist Superman is genuinely inspirational. I adore the idea of a an EMT Superman that uses all of his magnificent abilities to save lives above all else and try at all possible to solves problems peacefully. That kind of hero really speaks to my core.
>Adventures of Superman #612-623 is my favorite Superman arc of all time.

Man i wish zoom would come back.

The fact that Geoff Johns provided a wealth of backstory for this character makes it that much more awful.

Strangely, this was the moment that Bendis' version of Bullseye was cemented himself as my favorite rendition (other versions are snapping at the heels though)

When did bendis lose his testicles?

This is Eddie's moment to me

Very hard to pinpoint because he still has a few good moments after Dark Avengers ends.
>Although I might be in the minority on that one.

This was the moment that cemented Ikari was one of the most terrifying Daredevil villains of all time in spite of his limited appearances.

>Superman solves everyone's problem in seven seconds because he's just such a cool guy everyone decides to stop being an asshole to each other forever
lame

My sides.

Shame he got Venom back and is just a drug addict again.

The problem with everyone reposting this scene is that you really need to read the whole arc or at least the issue to get the real impact.

IF it's any consolation that wasn't an actual moment in Superman's history, it was a hyper-publicized moment presented by interdimensional fairies trying to sell an galactic encyclopedia. The idea of it is still intriguing to me.

In one page Cooke creates my favorite rendition of Green-Lantern of all time. I highly recommend the movie Justice League: The New Fronteir. It was produced by Darwyn Cooke and Hal was portrayed by David Boreanaz that I felt portrayed a more damanged and nuanced Hal Jordan.

Pt. 1

Pt. 2

I love this moment so, so much. It's built up to PERFECTLY.

I've always liked this moment when wolverine took Amiko away from abusive foster parents. Never mind he took her to a thief who taught her how to steal and kill.

why is wolverine wearing a mask? Like they wouldn't be able to tell that the hairy 5'2 dude whose wounds close instantly isn't wolverine? Wolverine's outfit already has a mask in it.

Why?

Wild Card bitches.

>All those rapes he lets happen

So bizarre.

It's already been established that all of the Flashes can move past light-speed via the Speed Force. As for Superman, he's never shown to move at light-speed while running inside a planetary atmosphere. He can while in the vacuum of space though

Well in this new continuity thats not going to happen

he's fast enough to slip into every woman being raped and replace the rapist in the rape

Lol, he was trying to dress like a ninja to pretend to be a member of the hand. He was in Madripoor and they only fear the hand there. Obviously comic relief because he wore pantyhose on his head. This is just after he lost his adamantium to Magneto, he was mortal, and Cyber had just snapped his claws off

Movie physics aren't quite the same. For instance this flash being a newfag was clearly having issues running to his full potential. And shit blowing around in the background shows pretty well that superman doesn't have flash's physics ignoring aura.

Again flash is still shown to be faster, he just got btfo by trying to essentially move a mountain at super speed.

>This is just after he lost his adamantium to Magneto
his healing factor isn't in his adamantium though
>Cyber had just snapped his claws off
So everything about him heals faster except his bones, when his healing bones are the reason the adamantium bonding hasn't killed him? Is that it?

I first started reading Howard when I was sixteen around the mid 2000's, taught me to appreciate the world and the people in it despite it's/their faults

I'm going to assume that it's built up that the villain is blind and uses some form of radar sense?

Well the story arc made it so the damage magneto did to him was so traumatic that it zonked out his healing factor. When it came back though it was better than ever and his bones became super dense. He eventually grew the claws back. His healing factor was so powerful that when Genesis was trying to replace his adamantium and turn him into death for apocalypse return, he was able to reject it. But it turned him into a beast who couldnt talk. What a shitty arc that was, with the exception of Stick trying to get him to walk the path. But I do prefer a mortal wolverine to one who can regenerate from a single cell after standing in a nuclear blast.

The opposite: Daredevil assumed the assassin was blind the whole fight since he seemed to have the exact same abilities as him.
Turns out he can see perfectly fine.

I was already intrigued by the idea of Evil Reed, this was the sequence that pushed it over the edge (he got an undeserving end with Hickman's series)

Pt. 1

Is that a faithful portrayal of his abilities? Would a room of sprinklers really do that?

From my understanding, yes. Chaff grenades also screw withhis radar sense

Pt. 2

This was the moment that it became obvious that Peter is not to be fucked with. The only reason he doesn't have more dead rogues is because of his mercy. The second he snaps is the second he stops having enough villains to form a Sinister Six

reminded me of this

>scientific progress in public domain

I really wish, we'd have a truly different world if that was the case. So many things today are locked away and hidden due to the pursuit of profit and hurting, even KILLING mankind with this lust for money. Technologies even LOST due to the creator dying while waiting and trying to figure out how to best profit from it like the insane starlite material that can't be reproduced to this day.

Fuck you Maurice Ward.

It would have happen no matter what, They make something else up. After all trademark and copywrite were made to protect the ideas and people behind them ensuring good things were created and made without people fearing that they would lose control of their works. However like anything when creatures like us are involved the smarter and more powerful will always find ways to exploit and maximize themselves with the tools that were made to stop them.

Peter is the epitome of a hero you don't want to go into rip and tear mode. The second he decides to cut loose is the second you want to start counting your final days. It isn't just his freakish strength, it's his reflexes, suction hands, and over a decade of combat experience against the scariest motherfuckers imaginable.

He's literally capable of punching a villain's jaw clean off. And this is a villain that is his literal superior in terms of strength, speed, endurance, and agility. The only thing he lacks in combat experience which is something Spidey has in goddamn spades.

This is my favorite type of Joker. Almost completely nonsensical in motivation, but his plans still make sense in a round about way.

I like it. He gets me on the verge of chuckling but that just makes him that much more uncomfortable

My favorite part of that scene, besides Joker's wordplay, is the hard-eyed goons. Those men are badass professionals, not cartoon crazies.

I always wondered about the context here. Is this out of the blue or was there buildup to calling on Superman in particular?

Is this loss?

I'm pretty sure it's out of the blue, but I'm not 100%. Still feel pretty confident

Absolutely.

I may go against the majority on this one, but I find Fraction's take on Hawkeye to be the antithesis of what I want for the character.

Although this cowardlyy murder, this act humanizes Karnak which is bitterly ironic to him. For he did seek inhuman perfection and now we see he failed to be detached from the world. He is mankind at its worst, not beyond it.

where is this from i see it all the time without context

whys he killing her?

Got a good laugh from it. Mute, weird Spot is best Spot.

they know. he just wants to fuck with them

Casey wrote a great Superman, DC has em up on Comixology now so I have some hope they're gonna be collected later. And now at least we have high quality rips now.

"Antithesis" means opposite.

I love how the cultist dude basically said that Karnak doesn't want anyone to be better than him, but instead of improving himself, he just tries to drag them down, cause he's too much of an autist bitch to handle human emotions.

And then he got ripped in half by the Sentry.

Dick taking over the mantle finally. Say what you will about Prodigal but it was hype as fuck when it came out.

The end of Dark Reign is the single most disappointing thing in the history of comics to me. The only upside is that Sentry hasn't come back.

Oh user. You haven't been reading Dr. Strange lately have you?

Sentry is literally shooting Asgardians in the face right now

pretty much the last two chapters of this

Excellent, now Marvel can truly be dead to me.