Rewatching Hey Arnold

>>Bedwetting
>>Unusually secretive
>>Unexplained personality changes
>>Anger issues
>>Promiscuous
>>Neglected by parents

It's possible that she was sexually abused?

Other urls found in this thread:

heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Chats_and_interviews_with_Craig_Bartlett/2002-11-01
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

.....you actually make a decent case.

But nah. That'd be too dark. They're just obsessed with their over-achieving older daughter, and when she's not around, Bob is concerned with his business, Miriam has nothing to do, and Helga's not a priority at all.

Bob doesn't care about her and Miriam is a non-functional alcoholic.

The relationship between Helga, Olga, and whatever her father's name was was weird, but it never seemed like that. Honestly, to me, it seemed like they had lost a previous child before Olga and Helga.

But who knows.

this. i feel bad for helga. that shit where she puts a can of soup in her lunch box because her mother and father made her no lunch is fucking sad. If anyone ever had a childhood like that im sorry.

>Bob doesn't care about her
He's not very good at showing it and definitely isn't in line for father of the year, but the guy risked his ass to keep her from getting killed by a bulldozer. And that's gotta count for something.

Protect Helga at ANY cost.

>It's another Hey Arnold feels thread

Not even mad, Helga threads are best threads.

I mean she was only around 10 during the show. Kids weren't really all that mature back then, but that's a good theory.

>You make my girlhood tremble

its always possible
they never showed that in bob tho

Man, I can't think on the whole "wet her bed" thing as a joke anymore.

What episode was that? I should rewatch that ep to see what was going on.
Also, Helga wasn't sexually abused, she wanted to tie up footballhead and do the abusing couldn't cope with being a Heidi Abromowitz.

Season 4 episode is called "Student Teacher", basically Olga works as a classroom aid, she starts talking about a brave girl that overcome her problem wetting her bed when she was 7, using diapers and plastic bed covers, that girl is Helga ... So yeah, now that I think about it, it's kinda creepy.

Is it possible that you were sexually abused?

>It's possible that she was sexually abused?
no bob would have had to pay attention to do that. the entire thing is helga is the way she is because she has had no affection and no attention

We never knew about the rest of the Pataki family, so... who knows.

(forehead slap) Right, I know that one. I forgot it and was thinking it must have been a different setting. It would have made for an interesting Helga Soliloquy.
Mirium was the heavy drinker, and Bob was the sort that thinks any sex he has was good sex as long as it wasn't BDSM sex. Men can be easily fooled that way...

Helga is just a replacement set of kidneys for her sister.

I think it's more likely that her parents didn't care enough to encourage her to stop wetting the bed. She seemed to stop doing it once she tried hard enough.

One, then a second, new liver/kidney for Mirium, and then a much younger heart for Bob...
A dark theory, but it makes so much sense I like it.

No (Arnold originally might have though)

Nah, he's occasionally expressed concern for her as a person and even more rarely her happiness.
Bob is just a really shitty person but when absolutely forced to confront it, he loves Helga and isn't a Monster.

I want to protect Helga.

In the Valentine's episode Helga mentions that she likes Arnold because of his absolute honesty in terms of his feelings. Miriam says in another episode that she essentially shotgun married Big Bob despite not loving him and tells Olga not to repeat her mistake.

Helga is just afraid of Arnold not reciprocating he feelings, which is why she spends the entire series terrified of confessing to him. She doesn't want his brutal honesty to shatter her dream.

Actual sexual abuse has nothing to do with any of it. It's just a pretty high level of childhood neglect. Any other parent would have bothered to help their child with potty training and not having them live in a home where they felt stressed enough to wet themselves until the age of 7.

Miriam completely lost her sex drive due to her rampant alcoholism and suggested Bob take out his sexual urges on Helga.

>thread has yet to become a feels circlejerk

Feels good to get in early

Have I got a repost for you.

You know... I can see this happening.

Heartwarming. Thanks user.

I can't. I honestly can't see Bob making any moves on Helga. He's inattentive but he's not a monster.

>Ywn comfort Helga as she struggles throughout life

Good shit. I like the whole growing up theme where the neighborhood isn't the same and Helgas struggles. Good feels post.

>wife loses sex drive
>rape your prepubescent daughter instead
I feel like we've skipped many steps of psychological degeneration to get here. He could just buy a hooker. Why would he at the very least at the very least not start with just forcing himself on his wife? Even convincing Olga to blow him makes more sense. Raping Helga is at least three degrees of madness away.

>Tries to sit next to her
>"Get lost dweeb!"

How would one even approach her?

Honestly, when you work so hard to keep your worthless daughter well fed and warm, it's only fair to use her as a cumrag once in a while. Not like she's good for anything else.

is it possible that bob pays no attention to her because he avoids her and doesnt want to see his sins staring him in the face?

... Bedwetting? The fuck? When?

Read the thread. Season 4, episode is called "Student teacher" Helga wet her bed until she was 7. The disturbing part is that Olga said that she had a "few" accidents after that.

Something just dawned on me, Arnold is a pretty great rolemodel.

bed wetting until 7 really isn't super abnormal

>You're like an old wise man or something

From the movie, Helga to Arnold

heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Chats_and_interviews_with_Craig_Bartlett/2002-11-01

>We put Rimbaud quotes in the book to make you laff. I guess cause he's a zen boy. I always said "Arnold is a little Buddha". He's pretty zen, but Arnold's little Buddha would be different. [so i take it that from E-files that Helga will dye her hair black, wear black clothes, and become a goth?] Well, in "The Patakis," she's still a blond, just kinda goth in spirit. Yeah, Fran had a goth phase, but when we called her a goth, she'd always get mad.

I wanna lay a fart in her mouth and then shove a plum inside her cunt.

I'd sexually abuse her, if you know what I mean.

You wanna chill out with that edge?

>How would one even approach her?

With a
>whatever you say Helga
Mindset

Slightly unhinged girls are usually the best, despite what people say.

Imagine her squirming and crying. Dry anal

Beat the shit out of her until she bleeds when she shits.

>bed wetting until 7 really isn't super abnormal

user...

This's one of those threads about watching something funny as a kid, then 20 years later you find out how fucked up things were for those characters.

>The bedroom door opens.
>It's 3 am
>Helga hears whispering.
>"Now you saying i gets to fuck her asshole and dat pussyhole fo twenty of my welfare dollah's?
>Yeah but don't get her knocked up and no scat play ok?
>Giant black man enters Helga's bed.
>Her anus is destroyed she shits pancakes from now on.

Helga is a goldmine for that sort of stuff. This behaviour isn't normal, but is played for laughs.

Jesus.

It gets worse...

>two weeks later...
>Bedroom door opens.
>Its three A.M
>Helga hears whispering...
>Okay Podesta,Mr.Cosby you both know the rules.
>Her holes clench in terror....
>Zip zoppity doo bob you gonna suck mah pudding pop!

Saged and reported, kiddo. Your shitposting career is over.

I'll be back on Christmas day

Beat her up.

Hold her down and slide some pebbles in her cunt like Lena Dunham did to her sister.

I know it's the holidays but it's really early in the morning to be THIS drunk user.

Checked.

I don't understand

>If you know what I mean

What did he mean by this?

She's clarissa after her dad was arrested and was taken away and adopted by the Patakis. Bob just call her Helga cuz he's an asshole

And the real Helga had died in a fire as an infant.

>Hold her down and slide some pebbles in her cunt like Lena Dunham did to her sister.

Source?

The fat cunts autobiography in her own words.

I feel bad for Olga. At least Helga isn't held to an impossibly high standard.

Shit they both have it bad.

I'd rather be noticed and treated like shit, than not be noticed, and treated like shit.

I dunno. The pressure to be perfect all the time would fuel my suicidal tendencies more than simply being invisible. At least I don't have to put on a face if I'm unnoticed.

Reminder that Helga is an early bloomer. , , Ghost Bride, and April Fools Day are evidence of that.

Did this come from Sup Forums originally? I know I've seen this same story in other places

>that episode where Helga runs a fake news media outlet

This show truly was ahead of its times.

She gonna get what she deserves.

>Reminder that Helga is an early bloomer

I don't think we need reminding.

Based off what this thread has derailed too, I'm not sure I like where this is going.

Bedwetting isn't usually indicative of a psychological issue unless it persists past age 12.

Bob fucks Miriam every night when she's too plastered to move. He figures he has a great marriage and he's a good husband because his wife never refuses sex.

nayrt, but you do realize 7 years old is only like first or second grade, right? Sure it's a little odd, but it's not always some kind of sign a kid is abused. This thread is just as bad as those stupid youtube conspiracy videos.

The person who storyboarded this knew exactly what they were doing. This isn't an animation error, it's Koreans following the storyboard to the letter.

Just rewatched that episode. It's true that having the occasional accident at that age is common, but Olga said that Helga was still using diapers at that age, which isn't normal for most kids.

Bartlett ended up a Helga waifufag.

Fuck, I never made an effort to watch it when I was younger but I caught this episode and it had me laughing so hard

Good post man.

Im afraid I don't know what you mean.

No she's neglected. It's really clear what her problem is.

She also isn't promiscuous, that implies she hits on a lot of people, she just has a fixation with Arnold. There's a god damn episode where she visits a shrink, we KNOW why she's like this.

She's neglected by her parents and that's why she's fucked up, her parents didn't neglect her because she got raped, are you retarded user?

Yeah. I heard about that, a while ago, and that seemed really complicated or impossible for a kid show, and I see why was written out. It could have been gun.

WTH are you two talkin about? who is that?

Oh please user, if anyone was gonna get sexually abused in that family, it was Olga.

The sexually abused character was lila, not any of the patakis.

>(forehead slap)
Holy fuck what kind of autist are you?

Lana Vail, from the Wiki:
>>Lana makes almost no appearance in the final series and was subject to speculation. Online fan 'criminy', who knew Craig Bartlett personally, asked him in a (now deleted) video about the character. The initial idea was that she would "have a crush" on Arnold, and "ask him to do favors and would make Arnold feel a little uncomfortable", according to an archived description by the interviewer. Bartlett's exact words are no longer available, and it is unknown if Lana was intended to be outright predatory or uncomfortably friendly.

>AmericanLibertarianMovement.jpg

>reminder two decades has passed since Arnold's Valentine

And it's still one of the best episodes. The music, man...