Finish clone wars

>finish clone wars
>last few seasons absolute kino
>bunch of loose ends
>find out it was abruptly cancelled
>good ratings
>good reception
>last season in production to wrap up ventress, mandalore arcs and any other loose ends
>as soon as disney gets lucasarts they cancel it without warning and start rebels

my fucking hatred for disney grows every fucking day fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ
youtu.be/YIlL0T2yTss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank you, fuck the mouse. It seems everything they touch turns to utter shit

It's cuz legal mombo jombo.

Idk they couldn't run it cuz some bullshit regulation.

To avoid headache they canceled it

Cartoon Network still owned the rights to the TV show. Rather than go through the legal rigamaroo of buying a show off of Sony that was beginning to lag behind in terms of ratings (yes, ratings were beginning to decline), they decided to make their own show and incorporate some elements from the original series.

Season 6 came out though, on Netflix

I remember I used to have saved a bunch of shitty drawings of clone wars characters that were hilariously cute but I lost them. I'll try to find them.

>kino
Fuck off.

>It seems everything they touch turns to utter shit

It's more than "seems". Once they got Star Wars, they wanted to make it into a hip new franchise that people could easily get into without having to watch 3 seasons of episodes.

It's kind of like buying a Rolls Royce, taking its hood ornament off and sticking it on your Camry, and throwing the Rolls Royce away.

They couldn't let Revan, and thus KOTOR, become canon.

It's harder than I thought to find these images. They were really good though

>take care of the
>not: handle both of them
one job

do you have more?

I have plenty, but I'm on the hunt for these shitty pencil drawing skits that I once found

Getting closer I recognize some of these images

How much more Mando do they get?

Dunno what that means. I gave up searching but I did find this which is cool so it means my efforts were not wasted.

The artstyle just reminded me of the Mandalorian guy who draws pure power fantasies.

>they wanted to make it into a hip new franchise that people could easily get into without having to watch 3 seasons of episodes.

You people are actually insane. A movie has to work on its own merits, not with fucking TV homework. Do you not understand what storytelling is?

youtu.be/FKj7jnPIzLQ

Ahsoka should have died in Order 66. All of this "there were secret Jedi the whole time" shit the Mouse is doing ruins the whole atmosphere of the OT.

No but they've been trying to basically scrap everything of Star Wars from before they bought it save for specific iconography.
They're trying to basically put everything from the Original Trilogies and Prequels 6 feet under and pretend most of it doesn't exist

Hence why they're killing off the original trilogy characters while borrowing the iconography of the original trilogy. They're trying to hit the reset button so they can apply the "science" of mass market appeal onto it for the millennial market.
Kids aren't as likely to get invested into a long-standings franchise when the feeling of having to learn it's history is daunting

Reminder that this show was on the Toonami line-up, back when toonami was on all Saturday night.

Actually Rebels had this amazing duel between her and Darth Vader and she gets defeated by him making Anakins transition to the darkside complete since he killed off his own fucking padawan.

but then apparently shes alive

>Remember that episode where the 2 clones help the little twi'lek girl
>later episodes with those clone troopers shows he puts her on his armor

>anime eyes

So hes a weeb?

She shows up in Rebels and has parts of Clone Armor on her with their names on it.

>They're trying to basically put everything from the Original Trilogies and Prequels 6 feet under and pretend most of it doesn't exist
Rebels is set in the OT era, and almost every SW comic is set in the OT era. I won't speak for the books because I haven't read them, but I'm sure there's some in the OT era too.

Do you have brain damage?

Now that you mention it does disney even care about the Clone Wars?

They've touched the prequel era a bit, and they let Dave Filoni continue plot threads from TCW into Rebels (he even has a clone as a supporting character), so they don't hate the era. They're just not actively boosting it, which makes sense, since, you know, that's what the biggest Star Wars stuff was after the prequels.

Clone Wars had its time to shine and is arguable that the video games,comics, and cartoons saved the prequels in the end

CW was an expensive show, also Disney hates Lucas stuff and SW fans.

Only half of it.

When they shit on everything that made the OT great then they fucked up

Killing off the old cast just to forced down the horrible new cast no one likes is a fucking insult

The show was literally being funded at a loss out of George Lucas's own pocket.

which episodes?

At least Rebels is almost as good, and made by mostly the same people.

>Rebels looks a million times worse
>say the art is based on Ralph McQuarrie's
What an insult

I am still PISSED at TCW for not wrapping up Ventress' story.
They had SO MUCH TIME to do it, but instead we get a shitty book only 1% of the fanbase will read...I hate it when they wrap up storylines via a novel. Worst fucking thing. They could've just cut one of those shitty filler arcs for Ventress' conclusion. Ugh.

Ahsoka isn't a jedi anymore

S02E16 Homecoming
S03E05 Hera's Heroes

I always thought Dave was an ass man.

>the Mouse
That was a thing in the old EU too.

I really hope the new stuff is further allowed to piss on the "Luke and friends accomplished absolutely nothing" shit from the movies.

youtu.be/YIlL0T2yTss

Thanks, snips

no. NO! you connot be fucking serious, I stopped following rebels a while ago but the ahsoka vs vader scene and her death was the best and most emotional moment in the show.

PLEASE tell me they didn't ruin that as well afterwards

I have a couple of those wallpaper size if you want them

We never see her die, so a lot of people are clinging onto hope that she's alive. I hope that stupid cunt is rotting desu

Rebels is absolute dog shit early clone wars is better than this trash

But Revan, and thus KOTOR, is now canon.

The visual guide for the new film explained the origin of the sith necklace, it belonged to a jedi fighting the neo mandalorian crusaders, and later the republic.

They weren’t Jedi though, just padawans.
Luke was the first person in 25 years to be recognized as a Jedi by the remaining council member.

>Weebs in the military

I always got the impression they were more common than you'd think. Not quite sure why that is, but there's a nagging feeling in the back of my head.

Rebels is garbage user.

The designs are based on McQuarrie, not the style