Face it. The electoral college is broken and not democratic

Face it. The electoral college is broken and not democratic.

yes
but you have faced and fixed it before the election

/thread

Who is this freedom demon

The electoral college is functioning as intended. Without it Commiefornia and NYC would enjoy complete control of national elections.

We are a union of states. The states must be represented. This cannot happen if Cal can steal the vote from all the rest by importing a hundred million Mexicants and handing them voter ID while NYC cheers them on.

America is a Republic. Not a democracy.

Any system that devalues votes of urban areas works pretty well desu senpai

Clownpiece from TOHO

no its working fine
democracy is evil
USA stands against this evil with propety and individual rights and capitalism

it's not a very fair republic.

Clownpiece, or Clappy the All-American Fairy.

Not a democracy fuck ass, we are a constitutional republic

WRONG.
It is now a theocratic monarchy as we have ascended God-Emperor Trump.

I would agree with you so long as voter registration and ID laws were enforced in every single state and voting twice or voting in someone else's name was a huge crime

kill yourself secondary

t. uneducated google american who doesn't understand what "federal" means.

The real problem is your First Past the Post system.

Yep.
We are motherfucking Republic, not a democracy.

We elect leaders to reprsent our interests.

Yeah that's kinda the point mate, this ain't a democracy.

Obligatory voter ID.
Direct popular vote.
Alternative vote method.

All of these need to happen to make the system truly fair.

None will ever happen because people in power got there thanks to the current system.

Dear Americans: the word democracy and republic are not exclusive. You have a democratic representative constitutional government. It is all three of these things. All of these words stand for a specific non-exclusive part of how your government operates. It is very unnecessary to shit on the word "democracy" while saying "muh republic". It is a shame upon the Founding Father and everything they stood for.

>Hillary wins primary
>Her supporters tell Bernie supporters to get over it: That's how the system works.
>Trump wins using similar system of delegates

"THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN!"

Good thing the US is a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic or you'd have a real argument.

>The electoral college is broken and not democratic.
The electoral college is functioning the way it is suppose to. The USA is a republic, not a democracy.

good thing we're a democratic republic, then. isn't it time for you to be on your way to high school?

Yeah! Strict voter ID laws should be enforced on federal scale!

No it isn't, we made the republic that we have because democracy is a inherently broken system.
We have a representative republic, it's not a democracy, democracy is mob ruleā€”end of story.

Thank god there aren't GE superdelegates.

Why are people okay with those existing?

>adapt a popularity vote
>California lets illegals flood in and vote
Ded Democracy

>Direct popular vote
Oh boy I can't wait to have every single election controlled by the urban centres. Fuck anyone who lives in a rural area

Honestly I'd prefer if we got rid of it, but right now I'm not too mad about it.

Pop would have done exactly the same if trump had lost with the popular vote

I used to think that the Electoral college system is utter bollocks.

Now I think I actually understand that it fits the country just fine. As I undertand it, the federal government is not supposed to rule too much directly over people's lives (the states governments do). Therefore, when people vote for their president, they don't go voting as US citizens, but as their respective states citizens, and then the states send people to vote according to their citizens wishes.

Also as mentioned it helps balance out the most populated states' weight in the debate with the less populated ones. Not only Mexifornia or Jew York, but also Texas or Florida.

Not saying it's perfect,but it makes sense.

You made a democratic representative constitutional government. You are trying to use the word "republic" as a short catch-all word that refers simultaneously to all three of these things but it does not work like that. You are a democratic country. You have representatives. You have a constitution. You have no reason to speak against the word democracy. This has to stop.

You're just assmad, that's all. Fuck off.

shut up nip, you don't know anything about a functioning republic
this

pop+2 is the number of electoral votes

So, yes, the states with the fewest people will have the most votes per capita.

No thanks. The founding fathers saved our asses on election day from ballot stuffing
GUARANTEED President Trump investigates the fraud in the election and ends up taking away millions of kkklinton votes

This and its already given that Democrats have gamed City centers. 99% of city centers vote democrat.

Yes, it is. And Donald Trump said so. Clinton is totally fine with it. And since the United States are hardly a democracy and the campaigns were focused on swing states, the popular vote does not say anything.

electoral college is a great system, unlike the corrupt """"true" democracy"""" and as well a part of the american tradition

I proposed a few threads back solutions to most of it's issues:

The electoral vote is broken. How to fix it:

Assign electoral votes like Maine, where 2 votes are state wide, but the rest are per congressional districts.

Uncap the house of Representatives, and instead do it by amounts of population. Exact assignment can be tweaked and discuss, but the house of Representatives was always meant to grow with population.

Bind all electors.

Make congressional districts be based on elegible voters rather than total population across the country.

Done, the college works like the founders wanted and sticking to Philly or Miami won't help you, voters in places like Georgia and California make it worth to register, and cities can't dominate electoral decisions.

Why do you fucking think Electoral votes exist?

Because if they didnt, the only places on the entire US that would even matter would be New York,Texas California., 2/3 states could decide the entire election alone. There would be absolutely ZERO reason to go to a state like Rhode Island. Those people would not matter to the system and an entire state would have no representation. I'd say about 45/50 states would be meaningless entirely.

About half the population would be flat out unrepresented and left out, to have any sort of sway in the political system you would have to live in or near the major cities of California, New York or Texas, anywhere else would not matter.

The college exists entirely to give less populated states more of a presence in the united states. Its a fine system and it shouldn't go anywhere.

You lazy Americans didn't even finish the vote count and yet you claimed that Clinton has the majority vote?

God fucking dammit why don't you finish counting the vote Americans? WHY

WHYYYYY REEEEEEEEEE

here's a better idea:
1.rewrite number of electors so it suits the current situation and don't have stuff like cali thats obviously rigged to make dems win a shitton for free
2.publicly execute paul ryan

>1.rewrite number of electors so it suits the current situation and don't have stuff like cali thats obviously rigged to make dems win a shitton for free
That's not a plan, that's an ideal with no rhyme or reason.

>2.publicly execute paul ryan
Eh, sure, why not.

Why would any conservative want to get rid of it? Why would anyone in a small state want to get rid of it? Why would anyone in a border state want to get rid of it?

The only people who hate it are liberals.

it's 10x more realistic than your idea

The electoral college system is undemocratic however in this election, I'm pretty sure the popular vote count is a farce, the only people I know of who actually like Hillary Clinton are fucking children and teenagers who are scared their spic friends will get deported. I have friends who are illegal immigrants from Shit S. American countries but they know they are illegal,they don't complain about "muh racism"

The electoral college is a necessary balance against mob rule, you dumb faggot. The only thing that should change is that California should be broken up into 2-3 states.

Whatever you need to tell yourself, Slovenia.

Or, like I propose here , Maine it all up.

so break them into 3 states and give them 4 additional electoral votes and 4 additional senators.

>let uneducated africans and muslims into country
>they outbreed natives and eventually become a majority
>Start their own political branch, growing each generation.
>eventually the majority, making actual shit tier law, but majority so it is OK.
>congratulations, you have been peacefully conquered.
FUCK YOU OP.

Mouth breathers will defend it because their garbage dump of a president only has a chance because of Muh Hillbilly States.

They should do something like the Westminsters system. Seats are allocated based on population, 50%+1 number of seats means you're the winner. It'll certainly prevent 55 seats instantly going to the dems every election season

>people outside of california don't deserve representation in their government

I voted for Hillary, but this election doesn't make me want to abolish the electoral college. In fact, it makes appreciate it even more.

The rust belt states decided this election. Their voices weren't being heard and from now on they will be. This is a good thing.

If you abolish the electorate system, you might as well just let commiefornia vote and decide everything for the country.

What American need is an electorate with split votes, not winner take all.

People like you are the reason Trump won dude.

Case in point