Good evening owls,

still giant-size

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/TVoov
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97663395/
twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/944241283870027776
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97639334/#q97639334
youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s
brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/168801844762/bendis-what-are-your-top-5-dc-characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for OP is a faggot

>Giant-Size Man-Thing
teehee

hi sugartits

>that Twitter thread by Quesadilla
archive.is/TVoov

>that one user sperging out for hours in the Hawkeye storytime
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97663395/

>actually like a modern marvel book for once
>storytime gets ruined

I can't believe he actually responded to spacetwinks

well I'm having beer for dinner how are you all

I love each and every ESL-kun.

Pretty sure it's the same lunatic who makes fake JSA threads sometimes, lol

Also that thread where everyone got trolled into oblivion by a quote falsely attributed to Alan Moore was hilarious

Cheap rum for dinner here

most of those retro covers are godawful

that last one was worth it for the "JSAnon is a GIRL????"

Jude just took his exact Outhousers persona to BC huh.

the lenticular's themselves barely lenticulate too.

The Moon Knight and Jean Grey cover look nice. The rest are vastly inferior to the original covers.

>The rest are vastly inferior to the original covers.
This is like the no. 1 thing I don't get about this gimmick. You are literally advertising your comics as being worse?

Space twink doing a whole thread at quesada who answered a single tweet was hilarious to me

His shit on BC is unreadable

It's the cheap evocation of the original without enough thought put into the whys and the hows of both then and now

To be fair it captures the spirit of Marvel Legacy, badly done nostalgia wank.

Jude is bad and should feel bad

These tweets are like a weird hate jigsaw. Like I feel Joe Q is being relatively innocuous regardless of your opinion of him in comics?

That Cerebus thread also got...aggressive. I've never posted in one because I haven't read it, but that thread got angry.

I found a dude who did Legion commissions of random cover homages and it was cool but strange

He also had like commission covers for fake issues/arcs

A lot of the cover choices were non-sensical for the titles. E.g. why is Falcon referencing an old Iron Man cover?

Well yeah. If you read the original you probably think these look worse and if you didn't read the original they mean nothing. It's ???? to me.

Spacetwinks' sperging lets Joe Q come off as reasonable.

What cracked me up is that they had the Inhumans with X-Men covers. Like c'mon, do you really want to be THAT obvious?

Link? I've been anticipating Sup Forums switching to unironically supporting Dave Sim for months now.

Speaking of covers

twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/944241283870027776

The homages in the latest All New WOlverine were neat, especially the Quitely New X Men one

It mostly just devolves into dueling storytimes and insults
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97639334/#q97639334

who has two thumbs

and has to work tomorrow

:(

I will continue that storytime thread until the image limit, and when that OP returns, he would create a new thread to continue where that one left off.

That's fun but I hate Gabby a lot.

Gotta hope Taylor and Jean Grey do a good X-book. What a world what a world

It's not even nostalgia wank, it's just arbitrary old shit that nobody asked for

Marvel Two-in-One is so far the only thing that at least is actually proper nostalgia wank and is clearly pandering to an audience that exists, and the fact that I'm commending Marvel for doing something that meets the middle-of-the-road quality of most of Rebirth is telling about the sorry state of Legacy

I'm still not convinced the cancellations of the "diversity" books is actually a response to fan negativity, but if it is I'll give it to them that they're at least trying to pander to fanboys again

>Honey Badger
WOW GREAT FUCKING NAME WHERE DO THEY COME UP WITH THIS STUFF

Meant for Meanwhile...
>those Phoenix Resurrection spoilers

What?

My sympathy Op

In my experience retail on Christmas eve assuming you're not a big gift destination is pretty chill

I worked at office supply stores though so maybe that's just because nobody buys last minute Xmas presents at the office supply store

I’m trying to avoid them unless the issue leaks. It’s strange people are now hyped? about that book cause I mean...it’s Jean

The cancellations are clearly about those books selling dogshit more than anything else.

Question is more if Ms. Marvel is next on the chopping block.

They are hyped for people who are definitely not Jean.

Vaping hash oil and reading the Galactus trilogy.

>Question is more if Ms. Marvel is next on the chopping block.
they really dicked over that book's main reader base by treating it like any other Marvel book during events, didn't they

That's my theory as well

I'd be shocked if they cancelled her considering how hard they've pushed her in merch but then they also cancelled Carol and GotG which I did not see coming, though granted they have the excuse that those are for crossover purposes

shit senpai be careful you might attain cosmic awareness right there

beer for dinner was an excellent choice

Relaunching hurt it badly and Civil War 2 all but killed it.

aaaand here we go

always post COUNT DANTE

It's Danté, you philistine.

Count Dante vs. Charles Atlas, who wins?

yeah, this sounds like a typical school experience

That was a gud game youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

;_;

Poor Edmond :(

>Poor Dedmond :(
FTFY

Hello, Storyteller.

I dozed right the fuck off, and OH GOD THE ECZEMA FLARE.

In any case, I was thinking earlier, what ever happened with Kate in Green Arrow? Anyone know if best/worst girl is still around?

She was in a few pages of the latest issue, so she's still part of the plot. I don't know what the plot is, because I confess I just click through random pages.

Bendis posted another picture of what he's reading (with his one eye), and it included Starman and Chase

who else is gonna get drunk to get through Christmas Day

>that JLI omnibus
That's only team I want him on as long as he doesn't try to do anything overly serious with them desu
He could even make a bunch of diverse characters he gets all royalities from

I think I'd like Kate more if she had more presence.
I found myself sympathizing with Brad.

Thankfully I'll only be around my immediate family so won't require the liquid courage I usually need
I mean, we'll all be drunk off our asses anyway, but in a fun way

You know that feeling when you know something bad is coming up, and you put it out of your mind for awhile and then suddenly something reminds you of it, and your heart sinks into your stomach as your mind fills with dread?
That's the feeling I've gotten each time one of these pictures has been posted

It includes Katehunter as well.

But like, there's no way this is indicative of anything, yeah? There's no way Bendis has his pick of material. At least, I certainly hope not. Like, imagine him writing The Shade. Ugh.

I think he was just given stuff and had some stuff he already from before. I think he an Andreyko wrote a book together.

Bendis at DC is a nightmare become true. Everyone wants him to stay away from the parts they care about.

I imagine he told someone (Johns?) what kind of things he was interested in reading, with a couple of specifics, and that person sent him a care package full of books

>ywn get free comics for being an overrated hack

I hope Bendis takes full reign of Green Lantern so all those characterfags have something to cry about beyond their favorite not taking up the entire issue.

Better yet, I hope he writes a book about all the Robins.

New Gods, by Brian Michael Bendis and Brett Blevins

this is like, fucking Old Testament Spectre ironic vengeance shit

Apparently he'll be writing his top 5 DC characters within his first year brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/168801844762/bendis-what-are-your-top-5-dc-characters

AAAAHHHHH

They worked on Torso together, which I've heard is actually pretty good

Bendis also did the art on it

I hope all 5 of those are on one team lmao

I'm a GLfag and Bendis taking over one or both books would probably be the most interesting thing to happen to the line in years

>Better yet, I hope he writes a book about all the Robins.
The best outcome

FML

The rage that would come out of a Bendis Robins book would truly be best outcome.

>Wonder Woman
>Legion of Super-Heroes
>Manhunter
MY BABIES HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH, YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT.

Y'know, I realize I should feel bad for him since he's been hit with a near fatal infection and whatnot... But he still wrote Disassembled. Hopefully almost dying taught him to stop being an asshole.

For the record, I'm only making such a comment because he survived. Had he bought it, well I ain't that much of a prick, jeez.

ZOMG there's a letter butthurt about F. A. Schist

it mentions Watergate

OP, desu when I'm deciding how much to drink on a given night, I ask myself "what would JSAnon do?" and then pour a gigantic glass of liquor

Long may you run

I'm actually exceptionally glad he didn't die because I would hate the entire industry acting like he was a genius hero