Grant Morrison's Klaus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GxmZ5AoBuF8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a fun little Christmas-y series.

Wasn’t this suppose to be turned into a movie?

>Mora
I see he keeps doing Big Two covers, but I'm surprised that he hasn't really been tapped for an interior gig yet

A lot of this makes me think of Breath of the Wild for some reason, or at least that it could be adapted to a game like BotW

Morrison has been trying to get into the lucrative movie adaptation game for awhile, IDK if this one has been sold yet but DESU it's pretty obvious it was written to be made into a movie or show

Alright! Been waiting for this. Merry Yuletime Texas user

It kinda reminds me of Sejic

And a merry Yuletime/Christmas/Xmas/Festivus to you as well!

He does have serious same-face problems, so maybe it is good that he mostly does covers

My brother and sister work up at a restaurant in a college town, and the restaurant is actually doing a big Festivus celebration this year, which I find pretty funny.

The art in this series is overall very good despite lacking dynamism, but the last decade or so of big two art has definitely favored detail over dynamism or motion, as we see with fellas like Alex Ross and EVS

Based doggo (dire woof?)

This is very Game of Thrones-y
Also Kid Loki, and I love me some Kid Loki

youtube.com/watch?v=GxmZ5AoBuF8

This part feels a bit forced, like it's mandatory for Morrison to have a trippy alien/spirit sequence

I think is nice, but the colors don't fit with the rest of the story

Morrison doesn't try to overlook the fact that St. Nick is literally all about giving toys to kiddos

That's not how snow works

Please story time the new one as well!!!

You got it

He is also about getting ground up and smoked for vision quests

Time for refill eggnog + rum

This kid needs to fly out a window

Now we're going to skip the preview for the furry prison rape comic and go straight into issue 3

>furry prison rape comic
what?

Issue 2 came with a preview for some BOOM comic called "Kennel Block Blues" that I glanced at and appears to be muscular anthro dogs showering together in prison

This will come in handy

I want this version of Santa to meet Morrison's JLA

Question for the thread: what is your favorite holiday special? I always liked the Rankin/Bass "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus"

The one you said is a personal fav but also the Charlie Brown one

Question.

If Badass Santa can wear a t-shirt in freezing winter, and feel just fine, how the FUCK does he survive the summer?

Summer in the Nordic countries gets like ~36 degrees tops dude!

>just as well
or
>completely nude
Take your pick.

Also there's a common joke among black people here in Texas that white people can wear literally anything during winter and feel fine, which black people find astounding

I am 96.6% certain you're joking.

Well, if Texas is anything like Georgia, it's a flip of the coin to whether Christmas is freezing cold or t-shirt and shorts weather.

I looked it up and you're right, I'm full of shit. Denmark gets to like 60 degrees in summer

>using Fahrenheit

This reminds me of the tree on Numenor, that Isuildur stole some seeds from before he and what would be Gondor fled.

Pretty much. It's like sweater weather at best this year.

I'm an American brainlet, forgive me

Definitely one of Morrison's weaker works. Visually, there's nothing really 'Santa' about this incarnation outside of the red clothes and not-even-white-but-greying beard he has later down the line. Like I could dig a Santa that looks past the corporate image created in the last century and has a more traditional/historical inspiration but this doesn't even try to do that. It just vaguely adapts Santa Claus is Coming to Town but instead in a generic fantasy setting and some re-imagined Christmas trappings thrown in. I was at least expecting that he would eventually come to look like a more traditional Santa kind of like Santa Claus is Coming to Town did but all he gets is some grey in his beard. The later comics get even worse since they completely abandon the idea of re-imagining stuff and this Santa just looks silly next to your more traditional depictions.

Have to say I totally agree, which is unfortunate because I was really excited about this.

I guess you could say I expected SANTA BEGINS and got something that's only vaguely Santa

I went in expecting Santa Claus is Coming to Town meets Conan the Barbarian, and I think I got exactly that.

>tfw out of rum

I prefer Kahlua, which I'm enjoying at the moment.