Seriously WTF?

And you guys wonder why people are protesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8v6kULccozk
youtu.be/R31SXuFeX0A
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/31/mars-also-undergoing-climate-change-ice-age-retrea/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Except that's not the reason why people are protesting. Good to see CTR has a concise goal now though. Read to get beat again?

OK. Let's discuss. Can you defend the proposition of AGW or are you just repeating crap you heard from folks you mistook to be smart?

Fuck yeah! I love this guy

>Climate skeptic

This level of dishonesty is quite impressive

b-but muh Bill Nye

>Good to see CTR has a concise goal now though. Read to get beat again?
You aren't gonna win this time. We've studied all your moves.

It is. It's fundamentally about different epistemological world views. What is is true and how do we figure out what is true. Trump doesn't care at all for science or truth. Truth for him is whatever is convenient to boost his ego.

you are funny

Global warming is not truth, and as such, it is not science. It is lies.

Prove that Humans have an affect on Earth's environment outside of cosmetic changes.

Protip: you can't.

Earth constantly changes, has since its creation. Humans didn't influence the melting of our last mass glaciation...

wereas Hillary has forgotten more than anyone can remember. Who knows what dirty, bloody money she is involved with behind the scenes.

Hello, Red Baron. Not ready to hang it up yet?

We've already won maplenigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=8v6kULccozk

Kano??

Why even bring up Hillary? This thread is about Trump being and enemy of the scientific method. He picked a VP that believes the earth is 6000 years old ffs.

>Myron
>EPA
Fallout 2 confirmed real life

We do it for free now.

kek, elon musk's billions invested in automated electric car factories about to get rekt hard after the american automotive industry starts up again

Myron Ebell's proof is that "global warming" is a natural occurence, and that the EU is setting up the US in saying that people are causing it and the US leads in emissions tests. When China is outdoing us by 100x, but they don't get fined. WTF???

That's why about 80 of us were protesting in Chicago last night. The rest of the crowd didn't have a clear goal in mind, but myself and the research group I am apart of were coordinating on this matter

HOLY SHIT

BASED
A
S
E
D

THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP

I AM ELATED

>My research group

No wonder. Fighting to keep your job.

OMG TRUMP IS GONNA STOP SENDING TAXPAYER TO UN CLIMATE COMMISION

OMG TRUMP IS GOING TO GET RID OF ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS

OMG TRUMP SAYS HE WANTS TO REDUCE BUSINESS REGULATIONS

ummm yeah, that's why they voted for him
dumbass

sage

follow the money of the CF. If global warming is this big hoax by msm and other corporations, no doubt someone that knows her knows what some insiders might have to say.

Btw, Trump doesn't give a fuck about what Pence thinks. That guy is an insurance policy.

>TFW college kids try to act like adults with "muh group"...

Given your use of the term AGW, you likely follow one or more of the skeptic groups who throw around the alarmist label.

You guys have some powerful bullshitters on your side, but sure, care to set the ground rules and establish basic definitions before we start?

that sounds like an unquantifiable claim

This. The EU scientists saying global warming is mostly on us are not private, they are paid by their governments who are donors of the CF.

if this Myron cunt mandates that we test imported foods for radiation then he's a good guy

we need to test foods for radiation, especially from areas like Japan,

Hillary refused to do this, we need to make sure the American people are safe from environmental threats and attack by foreign agents

You're dumb as fuck nigga

One of the most famous and (previously) respected meteorologists in the world, the guy who started the Weather channel, is a "climate change denier."

Climate change is an industry. It is the bread and butter of thousands of limp dick researchers who make their existence off of grant money. Of course they're going to argue in favor of keeping their golden goose.

Tell me this is real. It seams to beautiful to me true. Trump finds a little extra based that I didnt even know he had.

Please show me this science and this truth. There are only a handful of areas where there is push back on the scientific community and most of those are for religious reasons. Why would there be push back on this if the science wasn't suspect?

Oil and manufacturing interests. Also there is a religious aspect too... many Christian argue that only god can cause something like climate change.

>computer models
>truth
>lying about IPCC results
>truth
>only providing grants to scientists who push one agenda
>truth

nigga u dum

True, I am still a "kid" in academia. I'm only 25 and in my second year of my graduate program. I didn't start with the intention of ending up in this program, I did some work in my UG that made me stop and seriously consider the argument, this convinced me of how important the topic actually is.

I'm actually well off thanks. I don't need the money, which is why I was willing to forgo the finically opportunities available by working in private industry like my friends.

>people are protesting.
You mean homeless people that got payed a sammich and were given a nice protest sign by Soros?

Given that the "experts" have been wrong about everything for the past year and half, there's nothing wrong with skepticism.

I believe in climate change, but I'm also skeptical of its bold claims and the solutions instead of a bunch of think-tank idiots who follow the herd mentality.

Can't say I blame you, it's not hard to get a rise out of them. I voted Trump, and even I find it amusing. Carry on.

>kids still believing MUH GLOBAL WARMING

Academia deserves a fucking nuke

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

We could have scheduled brownouts/blackouts in cities to reduce carbon production if climate change was as serious as they say. Instead they want to just tax everybody (that seems to always target white working class) to funnel cash into the virtual financial sector.

Nah mate, you are stuck here now just like everyone else.

You'll shitpost for a While and then go silent when we stop giving you (you).
You'll starts lurking, diving deeper and deeper until everything around you seems hopless and dark.

In that darkness there is truth, shining like a beacon at night. It's light is blinding to the point you want to turn away from it but you can't, not anymore and atlast you see.

Gas the kikes race war now.

>Fun day for Larping
So what's going to happen when your precious cabal is all arrested for child trafficing soon? You gunna go suck on Elizabeth Warren's dry lips?

>Climate change denier for four years
>Candidate that had a realistic chance of changing the climate for decades via nuclear devices
dodged a bullet desu

>You'll shitpost for a While and then go silent when we stop giving you (you).
>implying stooges on Sup Forums will ever stop taking the bait

wew

thanks trump

Cool arguments, but following that logic, wouldn't you be more skeptical of the institutions which are being funded for the sole purpose of discrediting the argument?

If money is a corrupting factor in this debate, who stands to benefit the most and where is the funding coming from? You claim it is the researchers needing to keep the "industry" afloat, but why would someone join a fledging movement that has to claw tooth and nail for money, if they were monetarily motivated? That doesn't seem like a good line of reasoning and ignores that these researchers could have chosen better funded projects, programs, and research areas, of which there are many.

The people who are taking the other side of the issue here, are quite well compensated in comparison. I would think that, just intuitively, this would make you more skeptical of who is being bribed here

good, now we can get rid of the retarded regulations and make money.

Do you honestly think that cutting down a huge percentage of oxygen giving trees and building plants and transport that releases even more c02 into the air would have no impact on the earth?

It's just childish level stubborness. You don't even have to agree with the numbers or extent but not admitting that is intellectually dishonest.

This

They Lie and exaggerrate every aspect of Climate Science. Every time some leftist faggot argues climate change with me they always get humiliated because Im one of the few people WHO HAS ACTUALLY READ MOST OF THE PEER REVIEWED PAPERS ON THIS SUBJECT AND THE IPCC REPORTS GOING BACK TO THE FUCKING 1990's

its fake. I have read thousands of pages of so called "science from these fucking frauds and they fabricated or manipulated most of their temperature data.

They start with a premise that CO2 is a greenhouse gas (true) and that Human industry produces CO2 (true) and that more f this gas in the atmosphere will have a warming effect (also True) then they go off the rails and over estimate the measurable warming effect by a factor of 100x to 1000x.

Also they forget to mention that more CO2 in the air means greater plant growth which rebuilds lost forests (deforestation is a real fucking issue and the reason why so many droughts are happening around the world, look it up) and dramatically increases crop yields on farmland. More CO2 in the air means faster growing Rainforest and more food production for starving people around the world.

Know why greenhouses grow crops so fast and to such massive sizes? because they literally PUMP CO2 into the fucking greenhouse. They are essentially trying to recreate the environmental conditions of the amazon to facilitate growth.

>B-but the Sea level is rising!!!

no it isnt.....the estimated sea rise is literally inches over the nest 100 years. The reason Coastland is is disappearing and islands are sinking is because of SOIL EROSION. Plants and Trees have roots that hold the soil together when you clear the area of those trees and bushes you turn that solid soil into loose dirt and sand which gets scooped away by the Tides.

Its a fucking hoax.......the whole goddamn thing is made up so people can rob the taxpayer and get filthy rich.

THIS IS WORSE THAN A NUCLEAR WORLD WAR

So.... All these climate scientists are collaborating with governments (who aren't doing nearly enough about climate change btw) to funnel money into the federal government's coffers? That's quite a conspiracy theory you've got going on.

>elon musk retweeted
go to mars and enjoy it's pure climate.

Preach it brother. Thank God some people haven't swallowed the kool aid on this shit.

The purpose of the tax is to create finical disincentive for the use of something which is understood to be harmful and create an economic incentive to shift to other means.

I would rather see these taxes levied at an industrial level and sanctions placed on countries which try to subvert the point of the tax by allowing MNCs to set up shop there instead of in a tax zone.

Businesses are not altruistic, governments need to be responsible for the commons and the main tools they have to do so is either regulation or through economic coercion. Regulation is more harmful to business and often does not produce the necessary results for the purpose they were established.

also science is a social construct, i've learned that from hillary supporters.

You argue from an entirely false premise. These pro "global warming" groups were funded by governments from the very beginning. They jumped on the bandwagon specifically because the money was there.
This exact same thing happens in medicine. Multiple drugs have been put on the market using the same flawed studies as their basis, and no one cares about the research being sloppy because they keep making money.

Global Warming, now Climate Change being you politicized liars were caught with your pants down, is a political agenda supported entirely by a self serving group of leeches. Thats why without fail you religious zealots tout your 97% figure from a nonsensical survey.

NANI?!

>Climate Skeptic

So now if you're skeptical of fucking climate itself if you don't follow the cult of global warming?

GOOD BECAUSE MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING IS A FUCKING BULLSHIT HOAX

Just keep fighting buddy.

New to Sup Forums.
Sure. What rules you want?

Why do none of you retards have any respect for evidence? Why do you think you know more about climate change than the scientific consensus established by international science committees? You probably work at a supermarket or something. Shouldn't you be in your bunker jacking it to anime?

this is smart
one should always be a contrarian
we need disagreement in politics or else you get tumblr

>exaggerrate

Most of the claims which filter down to the public are actually rather conservative estimates, but reported at the most extreme tails. However, a lot of it is also been so diluted that it has become nothing more than a strawman of the original claims. Of course when you play a game of telephone the end claim is wrong. I would recommend taking the time to investigate non-sound bite claims and check the accuracy of those, rather than focusing on rhetorical bits like "we'll all be underwater in 10 years!!".

you're a moron. yes trump believes in truth. that's why he's draining the goddamn swamp. you think he'll be very popular in doing so? sociopaths like clinton don't believe in truth, so they pick the path of least resistance. trump goes against all that. so yes, he absolutely 100% believes in truth you dumbass piece of garbage xD

when yoe spend so much time copying and studying someone else's moves all you learn is to copy, the ability to improvise and create new metods remains with the original, and that you can't copy

The evidence?
The evidence is that to this day no one has a comprehensive model to explain climate change which actually coincides with observed temperatures.
No one has a model that also explains the adverse weather being demonstrated on every other planet in the solar system.

You have no evidence any more than liberal faggot retards have evidence of George Zimmerman being a white supremacist Klan member.

>if we dont set up a globalist authority that can appropriate the property and dictate the policies of sovereign nations were all going to die in biblical floods and hellfire will rain from the sky!

The climate has always been changing though. Perhaps we influence that change, but it was going to with or without us, and there's no telling whether or not it would have been to our benefit.

I'm not denying the reality of a changing climate, or its severity, rather, pointing out its inevitability, and questioning whether or not the strategy we currently employ in addressing the issue is the most effective one.

But, no, I have Global Warming was bullshit from the begininnig. In fact I have known it was bullshit since it was Global Winter. Remember, I am a boomer. I seen this bullshit movie before.

Hey retard global warming increases forestation. The excess co2 in the atmosphere amplifies the growth of all flora as co2 is required by plants to live.
Global warming is great for the environment, bad for humanity.

Lmao at all these 15 year olds LARPing as Christians who don't care about the environment.

It's like (anthropogenic) climate change and carbon (dioxide) pollution. The slaves don't need to know such minor details.

Bingo. We have a winner.

Global warming is real and entirely the fault of humans.

But it is only a symptom. Reversing global warming is impossible without addressing the actual problem, only part of which is fossil fuels.

Your efforts are futile.

>Nah mate, you are stuck here now just like everyone else.

This. We told these shills. You're here forever, but they didn't listen. They will soon become one of us.

Trump wants to create manufacturing jobs.

You cant do that with choking enviromental legislation.

Care to quantify that impact?
If you cannot, then one can fairly question its significance.

Our argument isn't that we have no impact, but that said impact --eve as you lot claim/inflate it-- is dwarfed by recorded, repeated, and MASSIVE shifts in Earth's climate: shifts that we had little to do with.

Randall Carlson has an interesting take on this
youtu.be/R31SXuFeX0A

Fucking THIS

Alright I don't agree with this bullshit. However, Trump needs to drain the swamp, so I'm alright with it.

I'm not gonna say climate change is a bad thing though. In ~30 years, we should have the technology to manipulate the climate, and change it however we want/whatever is best.

1. Level of proof required for a claim. scaling from the extreme ends of providing direct page citations of source material, to the low end of pointing to a more general location (author, journal, article, institution, etc)

2. Format of responses.

3. Again, let's start by agreeing on definitions and at what point each of us will concede that we are mistaken on something.

4. Just clarifying here, you want to make the argument that AGW is false. Since I am taking a defensive position, can you please state a formal claim you wish for me to defend? Also clarify what you currently believe to be true

Back up. The entire premise rests on the assumptions that CO2 is an important determinate of atmospheric IR absorption. In reality, it is a trivial component. Even so, the man made proportion is also trivial.

I there's bigger issues than man made Co2 emissions. Check out methane and ocean acidity.

This is great. This guy really is a living meme.

>this time

There is no this time. "This time" just happened and you lost. Burn in hell you jewish faggot pedophile.

>And you guys wonder why people are protesting.

Same people were protesting under a black democrat president.

Its called attention whoring.

What was BLM?

>manufacturing jobs

Let's ruin the earth so we can appease some loser hicks who were too dumb to get a STEM degree. Fantastic idea.

see The real problem isn't that we don't use less emissions per person, it's that we have 4 billion too many people.

>washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/31/mars-also-undergoing-climate-change-ice-age-retrea/
Damn, now coal power has even change mars' climates.
Fucking climate change denier, why do you want to see the earth DESTROYED?

Furthermore 70%+ of oxygen comes from bacteria not trees.
Goddamn nigger you abbo fuck.

The largest forest in the world is the Taiga, which is hosted in an unforgiving shit hole of tundra, spanning 3 Continents. This forest paired with algae contribute the bulk majority of air we breathe.

We already have all of the necessary mechanisms in play. What we need(ed) is cooperation of the majority of the heads of states, because this is a global issue, not a national one. In some form this task was accomplished by the Paris agreement, although it's non-binding. The USA has to be the world leader on this project, because otherwise countries can point to us as an example of why they shouldn't be obligated to follow he commitment

Seriously though, change in climate is a direct result of solar activity.
Manmade emission also contributes, but at a really insignificant levels.

Fuck Elon Musk, it turns out he's a fucking cunt.

GenX here. Have also heard it before... and so much more fun stuff. Remember when acid rain was going to fuck us all up? Then it was killer bees (not even making that one up, pups).
The kids think they've found something new. It's cute.