Wander Over Yonder

Someone on Sup Forums asked me to give this show a chance... so I watched the very little I could take.
This is the type of show where I actively feel like I'm losing brain cells when I watch it, put simply.
I do not understand why it has such a big fandom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqRpdMz21Ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Keep watching up through season 2, it gets better.

The fact that you're so concerned about "fandoms" is telling enough as to the kind of person you are and why you dislike the show.

Are you telling me all of season 1 is that terrible?
Then no, I'm afraid I can't do that!
(It would need to be orders of magnitude better...)
I am not "concerned" about them, it's just an observation that WOY's popularity is unusually disproportionate in comparison to its quality.

Again, I can tell by your choice of words that this is not the kind of show for you.

Look, I don't mind if there's a reason you think I shouldn't watch the show, but I would appreciate an actual explanation. Right now it just sounds like an insult, and nothing more - for no reason.

Why should I bother to put in any effort when your OP basically boils down to "This show is bad and dumb", implying that anyone that likes it is an idiot, with no absolutely context or substance to be found?

Practice what you preach. If you don't want to be treated like an mouthbreather, don't act like one.

The way you write alone tells me that you are probably mentally incapable of enjoying things that don't take themselves seriously.

I've never seen a post sound so neckbeard-ish. Go back to watching pseudo-deep shit like Rick n Morty or something

Other anons are just upset you insulted a show they like. A lot of Wander is really dumb and aimed for little kids, but there are some episodes that are genuinely good. Watch The Void, it's probably my favorite. The one where the eye guy chases wander around a ship and the episode about the cube of darkness are both good as well.

At its best the show feels like space dandy for kids, but there are plenty of episodes that feel like they could only be enjoyed by very young children. Look up an episode list and just watch the ones that sound promising.

Thank you for the reasonable response to my comments, a first in this thread. Although what I've seen of the show has left me with a bad taste, I will consider those episodes for later viewing.

Wander Over Yonder is probably my favorite recent show, I enjoy everything about it. Not just season 2, but I thought season 1 was genuinely good too.

But I respect your opinion user, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

It deserved to be cancelled.

>The one where the eye guy chases wander around a ship and the episode about the cube of darkness are both good as well.
Can you or anyone else name these episodes?

I'm sad you can't enjoy some lighthearted fun user, what a bitter person you must be

It's a show for people who enjoy light-hearted comedy with the occasional bits of story and drama, and it's mainly focused on the characters when there is story. It's definitely a bit childish sometimes, so if you don't like shows like that it's not for you. It also has pretty good art direction and animation, all things considered.

>The one where the eye guy chases wander around a ship
“The Little Guy” (S01E12)
>the episode about the cube of darkness
“The Black Cube” (S02E17)

>Lighthearted throwback focused on slapstick and character driven comedy
>Fun premise and a very likable main cast
>Fantastic animation, art direction, and music
>Stellar voice cast
>Episodic with long form story arcs to connect the individual stories and give the show a sense of progression and cohesion, best format for children's cartoons as every episode is enjoyable on it's own while rewarding those who watch in sequence
>Minimal pandering, and what little there is in the show is played for laughs
>Doesn't take itself too seriously

Gee, I wonder why people enjoy it

ADHD kids and fujoshis who ship Wonder with Hater.

people throw autism around as an insult a lot here, but I think you actually have asperger's syndrome from the way you respond to anons

>I do not understand why it has such a big fandom.
Maybe it's because it's one of the only shows this decade with good animation, maybe it's because it has great voice acting, maybe it's because it has fun character design, maybe it's because the writing is good, maybe it's because it's one of the only shows with an overarching plot that doesn't try to take itself autistically seriously. But most likely it's because some people actually watched this show instead of dropping it after the first few episodes.

This. I dropped the show after watching the first two episodes, but after hearing a lot of good things about it I got back to it and now I wish I hadn't, because now I'm stuck wanting a season 3 I'll probably never get.

Just finished watching all of those recs, in addition to what few eps I'd already seen (from both seasons tho). Doesn't get much better, very marginally at most.

tl;dr: Dropped.

What a crushing loss desu

Thanks for the blog update.

Ah well, it's not for everybody. As long as you aren't an ass about it. Wanna explain what you didn't/did enjoy?

Correct

>24 whole comments in a Wander thread without Dominator

You thought you could escape huh

I thought it's popular only because of her.

youtube.com/watch?v=eqRpdMz21Ko
But she's kinda unfunny (like everything else here) and her character lacks finesse unlike other sexy dominant female antagonists. Even though she is nicely drawn.

I like Hater more, but her song has 7,100,000 views on Youtube the last time I checked, so yeah probably

>the part where she grabs Awesome by his ass
>the part where she makes an ice clone of Sylvia and then chops its head off when Wander comes around, and then starts laughing her ass off
>the part where she tells a joke to her robots that only she found amusing
>the part where she laughs at Hater
>the part where she says she has a lot of friends and then lists bot names
>the part where she gets a letter that just says "DO YOU LIKE ME" and asks who wrote this
>the fucking song
>the part where she's about to impale Sylvia and then pulls the drill back and forth

Fuck outta here, Dominator is nothing else if not an good villain

Shit taste.

I liked the first season, but never actually got around to watching the second because all the threads started focusing on her almost exclusively. She probably shouldn't have been added if she was going to skew attention that severely.

I think the show was meh and they knew it so they decided to add a trivial "funny cheesecake bad girl " character.

Yeah, because time has shown us that bad shows are saved entirely because one of the characters is an attractive female. Good thinking, champ.

They made Dominator so that the story could have meaningful progression. It gave the characters something to fight for, and it Hater development. She's meant to be a cruel villain who seems super threatening, but in the end is just a more socially inept character. They made her waifu-able so that Hater would have a reason to like her.

DELETE THIS

Season 2 had lower ratings than season 1. Though that's mostly due to them moving channels.

They're making fun of you because you speak like an arrogant prat looking for high culture on a Peruvian dog sweater-knitting forum about children's cartoons. "I will consider," "unusually disproportionate," "orders of magnitude." I don't even like the show and I have no horse in this race, but come off it.

>I watched the very few episodes I could take
Well theres your problem. Shit taste.

>what a crushing loss
He evidently wasn't worth convincing to watch the show.

no