YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE ON THAT CROSS, YOU LAZY, WINE-LOVING, BISEXUAL!

>YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE ON THAT CROSS, YOU LAZY, WINE-LOVING, BISEXUAL!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tITz-42MbRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>speaks aramaic

>WITH A SMACK TO THE FOREHEAD
>AND A POKE IN THE EYE

That's the punch where everything went black, and I was finally able to achieve orgasm.

Somewhat serious question

Is American Dad to thanks for the rise in popularity of Krampus?

What did Stan mean by this?

Here is something I don't understand. Th smiths are taught about Rapture in church school, which make them Protestants, as Rapture is a notion that doens't exist for Catholics.

And yet, in OP's episode, Stan goes to the Vatican to cancel his excommunication, whereas, the Vatican is a purely Catholic institution.

So, are the Smiths Catholic or Protestant?

I always believed the Smiths were Protestants because of his very literal take on the bible (see the Moses episode), whereas Catholics allow for a more symbolic interpretation.

I am starting to wonder if the winters of that show actually don't know that much about Christianity...

Eh catholics are the true Christians.

ait, is there a difference between protestants and evangelical?

Bi Master Race

How people approach religion has much more to do with their nationality than their official creed.
US catholics behave completely differently than captholics in italy etc.

In fact i'd argue that people in the US have a completely unique approach to religion in general that you don't really find anywhere else.
It's a weird amalgam of zealotry, ignorance, and taking things too literally.

Catholicism is the most "directly connected" institution to the first christians, as every schism stem from it, at firstor furthest degree. But That doesn't mean it make them the truest.

Didn't they go to an Episcopalian church?

Protestants are essentially just Christians who believe the Vatican cannot be trusted as it has been corrupted in the past.
Evangelicals are a bunch of hooting, hollering dickheads who think Church should be a fucking circus show. Fuck them.
The rest of the Christian denominations are all idiots who just make up their own ideology and slap Yeshua of Nazareth's name on top of their cults to avoid paying taxes.
Gnostics were suppressed, but were probably the truest faith because their practices were handed down in direct oral history from the earilest disciples and followers. The Gnostics are gone now and left too little written record to be revived, everything else is just inaccurate, but Catholics and Lutherans are the closest remaining strands to the real, original ministry.

What's the difference between Protestants, Evangelists, Episcopaliand and Catholics?

>Catholics and Lutherans
Lutherians are protestants, right?

Also, fun fact about Luther. He beleived the Jew didn't convert to Christianity because the Vatican had it wrong, but him, on the other hand, had finally figured Christianity right so now, for sure Jew would finally convert. When they didn't, he started to hate them too.

No venture brothers did it

Luther lead some of the earliest protestants. The protestants protested corrupt Catholic practices like the sale of Indulgences, and this lead to the Vatican undergoing a reformation, but the protestants didn't return. Then they began to splinter off.

I've got more respect for Mormons than for any non-Lutheran protestants. All the new splintered sects are no better than the Branch Davidians.

You ever get the impression people on the internet make broad generalizations based on ignorance? Like maybe that people in their attempt to sound intelligent to strangers simply speak with authority about things they know next to nothing about? For instance they might say a country large enough to reach two separate oceans have a very specific way of looking at things rather than being a broad pastiche of varying thoughts and ideas. Nah people on the internet ever jump to conclusions.

Nah it was more like Cracked and Buzzfeed giving it exposure

most practicing Christians don't know that much about Christianity user

Mormons are kinda fucked up. Many people don't know that a lot of them are preppers. They have to stock up enough food to last them a year.

you can blame(if you want to call it that) on religious freedom
america never had a defined religion hell we never even had a major form of Christianity, even that Calvinists who built this country and whose ideas are ingrained so deeply in our beliefs of capitalism are over shadowed by the sheer amount of different branches that spread like wildfire thru the Americas
look at Baptists, you think they thought their branch would hit peak southern saturation, or the Lutherans thought mini colonies would form basically within america
Americas weird take on religion is because it wasn't a dynasty thing when we started, if your father was catholic over in say Italy, chances are you would be.
But move to america? you could be whatever you wanted, I have met several people who weren't catholic when they were born but sure as hell died catholic, it was a clause of the "American Dream"
now Christianity has always been the mainstay but people use a wide brush when talking about that religion, it is far more varied than people give it credit for

>america never had a defined religion
It's probably for the best, all in all, though.

The man had some decent ideas and some bad ones

Respect for the mormons and their magic hat and native american angels?

mormons are chill with freemasons and don't REEEEE and excommunicate them so yeah I do respect them

Native WHITE american angel. Don't forget their skin darkened because of their sin.

>the Vatican is a purely Catholic institution
Protestant whores follow whatever random shit they feel like following.

Is that the NeoGaf logró?

>[sing-song] SATANNA SATANNA!

ATTENDANCE

I thought this was a photoshop of a evagelion reference.

American Dad has the best Christmas specials. I wanted to stream them for Sup Forums but never had the time

>european never misses an opportunity to take a dig at the US

And Europe is atheist and overrun with zealots from the third world who are more violent as each day passes. Happy holidays!

Non-christian here, are those daggers real?

>yeah their traditions descend directly from the apostles
>but that doesn't make them right

Thanks for proving why you and every other layman shouldn't be allowed to make decisions.

>Christmas descended from the apostles

I bet you think Jesus is God too.

The rapture is in the first part of the book of revelations. Catholic bibles have the book of revelations in them so it is canon to the faith even if Catholics don't actually believe it.

He also had a movie

>traditions descend directly from the apostles
Not what I said.
Just because it's the most straightforward institution doesn't mean it's the one that remained the truest to its original core. Things change over time and the first schism happened precisely because protestants considered chatolics had drifted too much from the original message.

Oh, I didn't know that. I should watch that

>I bet you think Jesus is God too.
Not him, but Jesus IS god, it's at the chore of Christianity. Jesus was god himself incarnating as a human being to teach to (and maybe even learn from). It's at the chore of the Christian believe that the most powerful and important being of the universe chose to have the most humble origin. It teach about humility and to look even at the meekest of all and know that even in them, there is still god.

And even beyond that, the father, the son and the holy spirit (the part of god that is in all of us)being all a single ebing is the only way for Christianity to call itself a monotheist religion.

I've heard of that, but I believe those are just the remaining roots from when the religion started & they were a frontiers people. They needed to be able to stock up on supplies because they lived at the whims of nature.

the event of the rapture is part of the Catholics script, but they never bothered to give it a name and it's not as important as it is for the protestants/evangelist.

>God needing to learn things

Do you even Abrahamic religion bro?

It is my personal believe that if god exist, he isn't perfect. this is how I resolve the Descarte question.

>as Rapture is a notion that doesn't exist for Catholics.
Wut. We don't dwell on it by several orders of magnitude (never, ever featured in a reading or a sermon in all the thousands of Mass I have attended), but the Book of John is canon to the Papal See.
I actually think it's seen as a metaphor, like how seculars see all parts of faith, in current canonical debate.

seeI went though a bit of hyperbole.

It's because it's written in to the church that the end times are right around the corner, and that all secular institutions will collapse, so they have to be ready to rebuild from the ashes.

they've been waiting for the end times for 150 years.

i'm sure you believe their healthcare system is a broken mess too.

you backwards fucks are just jelly that atheists don't need religion to make some of the measurably happiest countries on the planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=tITz-42MbRI

oh look it's this episode again starring my least favorite character

>Implying Seth knows the first thing about Christianity

He has proven on multiple occasions that he has no understanding of even the most basic ideas of Christianity. The only reason he makes so many Chistian jokes is to be edgy and to please the Christ-hating people that own the media.

Why couldn't we have a nice American Dad Christmas thread? What is wrong with you people!?

>thread about a Christmas episode
>atheists and blasphemous mary worshippers shit up the thread
We need to ban eurotrash from Sup Forums.

They are whatever works? I they were Muslims the writers wouldn’t care if they were Sunni or Shi’a, they’d just have them rape infants go give them AIDS and use them as AIDS grenades, gouge out the eyes of anyone who could read and generally do drums to keep up raping everybody and everything.

RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS

Is this an Evangelion reference?

I know a gay furry freemium game from Japan has also made the idea very popular.

Sorry, apostate, but Orthodoxals are the only true Christians.
That's that 'orthodoxy' means.

Pretty sure it’s JoJo.

don't starve had it since like 2011 i think
and in 2012 it came out of early access and became an instant #1 best seller

that's the earliest i've seen it in something popular

Nah, Armenia was the first country to officially adopt Christianity as an official religion (c. 4th centuy) and has been keeping it since, so Armenian Apostolic Church is the truest and the holiest one.

This thread is nice enough.

>and blasphemous mary
That's not what Catholicism is about.

I am pretty sure the truest are the Copts. They are the closest to the origin of Christianity.

>Catholicism is the most "directly connected" institution to the first christians, as every schism stem from it, at firstor furthest degree.

Orthodox would disagree on that.

The Smiths are Protestant. Stan's obsession with the Rapture and purity is something commonly seen among Evangelists, who literally want to abandon the world and be beamed up to Heaven.It's just that Stan beating up Roger dressed as Jesus and shouting hateful slurs in a fit of anger was so messed up that it was uploaded on social media for even the Pope to see and good "What the Fuck?"

The writers may not know anything about Christianity, but they were sure inspired when making those Christmas specials.

relax user, this is how they try to make up for the fact euro-normies love america as much as weaboos love glorious nippon

>It's just that Stan beating up Roger dressed as Jesus and shouting hateful slurs in a fit of anger was so messed up that it was uploaded on social media for even the Pope to see and good "What the Fuck?"
Making he pope lose his shit is one thing, but how can the Pope can in any way help him with his excommunication. Evangelist borderline consider the pope to be an agent of the evil, the Pope saying Stan Shouldn't be excommunicate might have the opposite effect on the people of his church, seeing they don't consider the pope has any authority on their community.

Wait, if American Dad and Family Guy are set in the same universe, how can this be the same Santa?

Stan is the only person in the show how acts like an Evangelist. God, Jesus, and every other Christian figure are shown to be less extreme than him.

More for bringing more attention to the late Charles Bradley. RIP

t. Papist heretic

Catholics worship Mary to a unhealthy degree. It is blasphemous and heathen in nature, like all saint-worhip.

bisexuals need to be crucified.

Christmas episodes are their own canon

it's meth mac'falarne.
his shows make no sense
they say mag's real name is megatron, but they forget that meg's heart is in her head and her real father is Stan Thomson.

Liberal Talmudists and atheists Don t strive for accurate, only mockery.

The show is made by a proud atheist

I'm an American Catholic and the rapture is some Mormon-tier bullshit.

Anyone gonna watch the new Hanukkah special tonight

I'll watch it if you watch it.

DA DA DAB

Not sure because I was aware of Krampus before because I'm a nerd.

Treat them like Treehouse of Horror episodes.

Um, Jesus never actually said that he was god.

Of course, they do. They're closer to our lazy, wine-loving Lord and Savior than anyone else.

God hates religion.

do it now. NOW.

Will we ever get a proper successful Crusade going? I mean taking out the Jews is nice but can we actually take back Constatinople back some time?

The Fox Animated Universe is an entity that lives solely on humor and absurdity; it changes all the time.

SEETHING

>shitting on the Theotokos

Get the fuck out.

someone post the dirties comments Francine or Haley have said, for science of course

Catholics and Eastern Orthodoxy split from each other in the early days of the church in what was called the Great Schism. I think it was a disagreement over the Papal seat and perhaps idolatry.
Catholics follow the edict of Rome and the word of the Pope.
Protestants split from the Catholic Church after Martin Luther nailed his complaints to the door of a church and started the Protestant Reformation.

That's enough to get you started to learn more on your own, and I can't tell you shit about Evangelists or Episcopalians. I was raised vaguely Southern Baptist.