Why Him?

Does anyone have any solid reasons why Trump picked Pence to be his VP? Not that it seems super out of place, but im just curious as to how he may have reached that conclusion despite them disagreeing on many things. The closest I can get to a guess is that he seems like a more relatable subject for neo-cons.

Thoughts?

He is a pure conservative, calm, experienced and appreciated man on the GOP. Safe and best choice for Trump.

Pence is awful. He's gonna get blown out by Kaine in the debate.

spotless record. cant be a liability to the campaign.

beyond that, im sure trump admired his highly-conversative views.

Evangelicals... And everyone else who would be turned off my a New York ex liberal. He's what got my religious ex gf to vote Trump

Establishment pick. If Trump would have picked someone they didn't want he wouldn't have had any help from the GOP.

I could see that. Though I keep seeing this "Trump has no problem with transgenders using any bathroom they want" sort of headline, and I personally think that seems like a direct clash of beliefs there. though I suppose Trump may be just trying to pander to the left.

You need a good head figure to pass those crazy laws in the congress.

He for sure has the calm, strong qualities of a leader. Even if you don't particularly like the guy, you have to admit that.

Trump doesn't care about what bathroom trannies can use. He, and we, have bigger fish to fry. If Congress sends him a bill about restricting trannies from going into the wrong bathroom or something he'll probably sign it but he won't be using his political capital on it.

...did you just stroke out for the last month or something?

literally because he rhymes with fence

This is actually fairly true. If the Dems had won just one more Senate seat, it would have been a tied Senate and the Reps would have had to rely on Pence to break the tie. They knew that was a possibility going in and made sure that a reliable establishment candidate who would toe the party line got picked as VP.

Trump did not pick him the people around Trump made him pick him Trump wanted the fat guy from bridgegate

He is the insurance policy against a Trump assassination.

Donald Trump is a moderate painted as an extremist. He believes in state rights on weed, gay marriage, and birth control.

Mike Pence would banish the gays, imprison the whores, remove the minorities and purge the degenerates with a calm collected smile on his face.

Let Donald Trump serve his eight years and you will experience a centrist dealmaker who can sometimes be mean and loud.

Give Mike "Purge the degenerates and spare no expense" Pence the presidency and he will begin the 10th Holy Crusade. And it will never have felt so comfy.

Your move leftists.

bretty good life insurance as well

>why Trump picked Pence to be his VP?

probably because the power center told him to, he should have went with family

now Trump has to worry that some power broken could try and kill him and then manage this guy once he's in the chair like LBJ

maybe he could get Pence to step down or give him a better job down the road, usually VP is just for show and this guy is kind of like a cross between Jesse Ventura and Dan Quayle

and he's from the future

forgot this

>He is the insurance policy against a Trump assassination.

interesting that every president who has been assassinated was sworn in while the moon was void of corse, somebody please tell Trump to take this seriously and make sure the moon is not void of course while he is sworn in

>Wanting a Christcuckold evangelical to violate the constitution and the seperation of Church and state

Currently cackling

this
i know this pasta but in terms of strategy having a hardcore deus vult vp is the best way for not being assassinated because he will be the prez

What if Trump makes two mandates and then they change and Pence is the President and Trump is VP?

1) safe pick, Pence wasn't going to kamikaze the campaign or cause a scandal or get BTFO in a debate like Kaine did
2) threw a bone to the establishment to get help with fundraising, ground game, etc.

I don't get why OP even needed to ask this, it is so obvious I think he just wanted (you)'s

Hey Italy, Seperation of Church and State isnt in a US legislation.

if it is not it sure as fuck should be

Republicans desperately needed the conservative Christian vote and they needed those people to actually get off their asses and get to the polls.
Romney didn't have this, and a couple of million Christians didn't vote for him.

Pence represents the strong possibility of a conservative Christian candidate taking power in the White House with the assumption that the VP will run when given the chance. That's what was being implied to get the retirees out to vote.

What worries me about this more isn't the left getting rid of Trump, it's the right.

Think about it, with Trump out of the way and Pence as their leader they get everything they ever wanted. Trump may have just traded in one establishment for another.

He's a deterrent

I feel like libcucks need to go look up Joe Bidens track record and see some of the wacky shit he has said and voted for in the past and how Obama took no influence on it.

If Biden had his way, you wouldn't be allowed file encryption, capital punishment would be available in every state, late term abortions (those that even put the mother at risk) would be fine, guns would be illegal, and the government could water board you with any flimsy excuse.

I want to like Pence but his neo-con warhawk stance turns me against him. I disagree with literally every single view of his on foreign policy.

>potato nigger using the same reaction image

nah, politics and religion (worldview) are inseparable.
there are elements of the notion of "seperation of Church and state" within our founding documents, but it has nothing to do with what nu-atheists pretend it to mean.

u best b jokin nigga

He looks like a Vice President.

We told you a million times he's from the future jackass, he knows shit

he's right you know, you have shitty homes

Spotless record and past. Calm, experienced, veteran politician. Very conservative. All things that balance out a Trump ticket/administration.

Idiot.
The left have shown over and over that they don't give a single flying fuck about violating the constitution in their persecution of the right. Tying yourself down with "muh morals" "muh constitution" "I'll be the better person", etc is fucking retarded.
It's time we were as merciless and dirty against them as they are against us.

He is a fucking nut job you want the nut job vote use a nut job and it worked.

What has Sup Forums become?

>muh gay marriage
>muh late term abortions
>muh based Iran
>muh cuckservatives

>Trump needed the GOP to see his campaign through successfully.
>GOP needed trump to actually win the election
>GOP is going to double cross Trump at earliest convenience and try to get him impeached so the more controllable pence will be in office
Cap this shit fuckers Im calling it now

Trump dies he dies a martyr. That'd collapse whatever is left of the right. Remember most people who ran for congress during all of this did so on trump's coattails. They're no longer as established and they've got some political back peddling to do now.

Same reason GWB chose Dick Cheney

Insurance.

ticket balance.

>calm
>christian conservative traditionalist
>executive and legislative government experience.

because if they want to kill Trump they are going to end up with (literally Hitler)^2

You're clearly were not around for the primaries. Initially Trump offered it to Walker and Kaisch but both declined. Pence took him up.

Contingency plan. All the waaaaaa Trump gonna kill the gays, gas the jews, and behead the muzzies;( , no that is Pence if they ever fuck with Trumps Presidency

When my bangin' hot friend from Church said she was voting, she said, "me and my parents are not voting for Trump, we are voting for Mike Pence because he's a great man and he's pro-life"
This is why he was a great choice. Many more cucks could rationalize voting for Trump even if he said he grabbed Lady Liberty's pussy in the back of a bus.

then just wipe all of them out

He was a good choice to win the election but he's a fucking establishment fundamentalist cunt. Hopefully he dies at some point in the next year and we get based Carson.

Because if the gays kill trump then they get pense. But instead of a fool like Joe and the others before him they get a cool competent customer. Protects trump it does.

But also the past.

moon was what of what?

All true, see:

Because the alternative would have been Twinkies.

I really, really don't think so, user.

You strongly underestimate the amount of goodwill towards Trump for delivering the White House and both houses. Trump is now essentially Reagan 2.0. They're not going to cross him, because he's built a new Republican coalition and can deliver it again in four years. He's going to remake the party in his populist image.

They remember what life was like from 2006-2016, they're not going to go against the only thing that changed it.

He is a time traveler

Another user put it best. With all this talk of assasination of trump, if they succeed, they get a anti-gay, anti-abortion, hardened Christian conservative to replace Trump.

kek

to win back the republican party

He looks badass, and what I have seen he seem to have a calm and cool character

>Does anyone have any solid reasons why Trump picked Pence to be his VP?
>thinking trump picked him
He was given to Trump by the GOP in exchange for their support

>But wait, he's ALSO a time traveller,BUT BETTER!

always this pic makes me lol when I see Kaine's wife and Pence compared.

This might be true, kek what a world

To make the staunch religious right shut up

insurance, basically if trump is ever killed a way more conservative guy (pence) the dems definitely don't want will take power.