Doing away with the Electoral College

How likely is it that this will gain traction in light of a possible popular vote going to Hilldawg?

I understand why it's in place and really appreciate it, considering my state (Michigan) was able to be red for the first time in a long time as it allows for every state to have a voice.

Is this going away? Will libtards have their day?

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/election/results
archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html
change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trump will win the popular vote.

Will he? I've seen most projections putting him under by quite a bit

You need 2/3rds of BOTH houses of Congress AND 3/4ths of all the states to pass a constitutional amendment.

Right now the Democrats are in shambles, with no power in the federal government, and a minority of states.

It's simply not going to happen. Republicans aren't going to throw away the very system that landed them in the supreme spot they're in. Twice, actually.

If every vote actually counts (including LA, NYC etc) every Trump voter would have bothered to vote in those states, because the propaganda couldn't mislead them into thinking there was no point.

as likely as doing away with congress because doodoo-heads are in majority

See this is what I said, but I have some Libshits who INSIST it doesn't have to address the constitution.

I thought it was a crock of shit

Which projections?
Even CNN has him ahead..
edition.cnn.com/election/results

No, PR systems remove accountability. It probably isn't going away and it shouldn't go away or else you'll end up like Sweden or Germany with time.

>edition.cnn.com/election/results

OH so he's just down right now but they're call for him to pull ahead?

This bullshit

The Electoral College skews popular voting in certain directions since Dems in Red states and Blues in Red states are less likely to bother voting.

The likelihood is the results would be largely the same.

It would certainly help third parties more, though.

Well the states that have the most votes left to count are red states.
Given there's less than 1% between the two it's not hard to imagine that Trump pulls ahead. Either way it's going to be a few hundred votes difference by the end of it.

How do we make Sonic great again lads?

Nuke Sega

archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html

zero, dumping the EC requires changing the Constitution. That cannot happen without 4/5ths of all states ratifying it, as well as Congress and the President signing off on it

Sonicautists are subhuman. Like we actually need to kill any autistic kid who likes Sonic.

You should check this whopper
change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA ITS JUST THEM REPEATING THAT SHE WON POPULAR VOTE HAHHAHAHA

ripski brother

It's great, isn't it?

THE FEELING OF NUMBNESS AFTER WINNING HAS SUBSIDED.

THIS FUCKING ELECTORAL COLLEGE CRYING BIT HAS MADE IT FEEL REAL.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW

This is even better