Popular Vote

The gap is widening.

Spare me the "Muh Republic, Down with mob rule" speech. I voted for Trump and I'm glad he won, but if this difference keeps getting bigger, it's going to be harder and harder to avoid.

The electoral collage saved our asses, and that was against Hillary Clinton, a person even the dems didn't want to be president. Is the country cucked? Is this our last hurrah? I'm genuinely worried.
Can anyone offer some reassurance?

>Be a Republican in NY or California
>Be a Democrat in any always-Red state
>Don't bother to go out to vote
>Now the popular vote is skewed

The difference is almost entirely due to California beaners.

This! And if it was about the popular vote Trump would have campaigned differently.

#Calexit when

It really has kind of bummed me out.
I've been pretty depressed thinking about it.

I guess I'm also looking for some reassurance.
I'd love to know that this deficit could be made up by McMullin/Johnson votes or maybe that it's just people that didn't bother voting due to l8ving in NY/IL/CA/etc.

will he get to 60 million pol?

California Beaning

Dems living in blue states are less likely to vote because their vote isn't necessary

The only people incentivized to vote are those in contested states

This shit cuts both ways and you retarded never seem to grasp it

The Electoral College suppresses genuine representation of presidential choice, which means people in guaranteed states who's choice runs counter to the majority simply won't turn up to vote. I.e. the popular vote in presidential elections doesn't matter.

Obviously this goes both ways, but the point is the popular vote in presidential elections doesn't reflect the nation. Similarly, look at the House and Senate who do matter are both leaning Republican.

What you say has a point though - when one party just mass imports immigrants and then panders to them for votes, its a very dangerous undermining of a nation's character as even the democratic will of the incumbent majority is taken from them.

If this is not halted, white people will be outruled in the West and they'll have no choice but to leave - because there is no way in hell the new dominant forces won't use the opportunity to fulfill some vengeful desires against the social group they previously blamed for everything before they bruteforced their way into governance.

This also calls into question how effective democracy is - it works fine in a closed, homogenous nation but is a completely useless as a method of pushback against aggressive globalisation, at which point the only thing left is exodus or violence and neither of those things are particularly desirable, especially when Whites are already a minority on their own planet.

This may well be your death knell, or the Republicans will pander to the new social groups and compromise your opportunities. Either way, you change things now, or never.

Bush won again.

Seriously do some basic fucking research on the electoral college before posting these cancerous threads

We are literally "the United States of America." Its right there in the name. The same reasons the electoral college is so elegant & important are the same reasons why we will never have the first or second amendments thrown out simply because the tens of millions of retards and beaners in California think talking about a wall is mean

The other states, and their voters, obviously don't agree and California doesn't get to dictate to us what the rest of us do without an appropriate constitutional process.

No amount of Euro-Canadian style crying is going to change anything. Full stop.

The popular vote doesn't mean anything.
If we did a popular-vote system, voter turnout would more than double. The popular vote now isn't representative of what it would be if the candidates had planned their campaigns around it.

That was my argument today when people confronted me.

"If the democracy would have been 'real' by your definitions, both parties would have ran a totally different campaign, so Trump won with the rules set."

Also, their faces when I showed them Trump holding up a LGBT flag or talking about the LGBT people after winning the nomination.

Obama recent literally told illegals on a Latino show that they wouldn't be prosecuted if they voted illegally.

So, if they're willing to admit this shit out in the open what do you think they're doing behind the scenes?

Take out CA and Trump wins the popular vote by over two million.

Get fucked, Commiefornia.

Voter ID will fix this. we have congress and the SCOTUS now

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SCREENCAP FROM THE FOX NEWS ELECTION RESULT THAT WAS "LEAKED" BEFORE THE ELECTION????

They will want to repeal it. But how will they? It is really a possibility that 80% of the States would allow their opinion to simply cease to matter?

Why do retards keep acting like the electoral college was a win-by-technicality or something? It's the fucking goal of the election and both candidates specifically campaigned for it. If they were going for the popular vote they would have been in CA, TX, FL, and NY.

It's a consolation prize and liberals are just salty that they lost.

The next time I lose in chess I'll just bitch and moan and say I really won because I took more pieces.

basically this
If the popular vote did matter, Republicans in NY and California would bother voting and Trump would win anyway.

>Can anyone offer some reassurance?

God I hope they try. I would enlist in Trump's loyalist forces in a heartbeat and shoot me some commies.

Then we have a 300k difference, which is honestly not much. The electorates have to consider how the other 60-80 million non-voters feel and pretty much the 4 million libertarians would surely prefer a republican over a democrat. Republicans won the house, the senate, half the governors republican and Hillary conceded.

Are you implying if the rules were popular vote wins that he would have lost?

Are you dumb? How could you know that? People in non swing states don't vote very much.

Democracy will be the inevitable downfall of the West, you cannot do what is necessary for the country, you have to pander to the female, minorities and left to get votes, after 8 years of Trump our broken culture will inevitable lead to selfdestruction, with have to go with facism after a period of civil war then

underrated