Thoughts on white knight

thoughts on white knight

I always find it hard to accurately criticize an elseworlds

it's fine for an elseworld

I hate Joker, like the Harleys, like the art, it proves once again Dick's costume can't be redesigned to look good like most other costumes, hate Murphy's writing style, and I wish it were Two Face

I think I got all my thoughts

Good art, interesting ideas, annoying fan service, trash-tier dialogue. Your average artist lead comic.

Shitty balls.

i just read it like last month and i swear to god if this isn't self aware i'm going to quit comic books

Neat idea, nice art, horrible execution.

I really don’t see the point of a Joker redemption story if you’re going to set it on a world where Batman was always a reckless asshole and Joker was never really that bad to begin with.

If Batman has always been something of a villian, and the Joker’s pile of victims are all just hyperbole and exaggerations, what’s the point? It seems like the very definition of straw man argument.

Nice artwork though.

Very nice artwork but the execution of the story is heavy handed, but normies are eating it up so it's probably going to become a "classic", maybe my signed #1 will be worth something, though it likely won't

Holy shit, you're getting fucking played.

Explain

Sean Murphy brings out the worst in writers, including himself

I was surprised to see how gay it is, given that it was marketed as a joker/harley thing.

Batman wasn't always a reckless asshole, alfred's illness it's what is driving him to being so reckless and Joker was a bad guy to begin with, it's just that the cops can't proved(because they are incompetent) but we know that at less he tryed to kill a robin.

Alfred’s condition doesn’t justify some of the stuff being brought up in the book.

Working with Freeze for a cure? Sure, I can buy that.

Stuffing the Joker’s throat full of pills? Could have choked him or had god knows what kind of effects. No way would that be justified by the story if Batman did that in the main universe.

I recall him racing ahead and destroying a building even when Nightwing/Batgirl/Gordon/Bullock told him not to.

A plot point has been brought up that Batman costs the city billions in proporty damages and its hidden by the government.

It’s increasingly clear in the story that his own allies are losing trust in him.

He’s depicted as much more of a reckless asshole in this book than he is in main continuity.

I don’t think Joker is supposed to be a saint either, but if his kill count is exaggerated at best and impossible to prove at worst, he’s at least less of an asshole than Joker in regular continuity. Regular Joker makes zero effort to hide his crimes, everyone he killed is in plain sight, he avoids harsh punishment due to his insanity. It’s outright stated that the Joker in this book can’t be proven to have done any serious crimes -and its an elseworld, so that sheds doubt onto anything we haven’t explicitly seen. Even if the cops are the most incompetant cops in any continuity, -not being able to prove Joker killed dozens of people makes him tamer than regular Joker full stop.

It's okay. About what I expected.

>I don’t think Joker is supposed to be a saint either
>Literally mind controls super villains to go an a crime spree so that he can do his own illegal shenanigans that would allow him to attack Batman

Are people really that dense that this is too subtle or are they just whining without actually reading the comic? It's hard to tell these days.

Go suck a dick my fellow user.

Yes, I’ve read the book. Yes, I know Joker mind controls a bunch of other villains. He’s STILL less evil than regular Joker who has singlehandedly filled graveyards, but gets out of the death penalty because he’s “insane”.

To be fair it's a little confusing since this story was pitched as "Joker is the good guy and Batman is the bad guy," but after a couple issues it turned into Joker still being the bad guy only now he looks like a normal person and is pretending to be a good guy.
The latter isn't a very interesting premise and plots with villains pretending to be good has been done a million times before. The former was an interesting premise that hasn't been done much before if at all. I think this was a bait and switch, and the reason you're seeing this uncertainty in people's reactions is because of this disparity between what was pitched vs. what's now happening.

>No way would that be justified by the story if Batman did that in the main universe.
What part of Elseworld don't you understand?

So if I pitched an elseworld about the Joker being redeemed, and I decided to paint Batman as a pedophile who sexually molested all the Robins, that would be justified under the virtue of it being an elseworld? Or would you call bullshit on me shitting on a character to set up my straw man to support my premise?

The Snyder and Schumacher Batman films are elseworld stories too, does that give them carte blache to shit all over the tone and the characters? Or does being an elseworld story mean that they are not actually shit?

Yeah, the fake reformed villain is trope so old that the only thing they're subverting is my patience.

>and I decided to paint Batman as a pedophile who sexually molested all the Robins, that would be justified under the virtue of it being an elseworld?
Yes if it was good. And Batman grooming the Robins wouldn't be too far fetched, hell, to the public's eye Bruce Wayne likes to adopt random kids once in a while.

>So if I pitched an elseworld about the Joker being redeemed
But it's not, the joker is just as bad, that's the point, it was marketed as a bait and switch, good to meet the guy at a signing and he said so

>That would be justified under the virtue of it being an elseworld?

For that charcater yes, it's an elseworld, you can't compare it to the regular batman, this batman can get away with different things.

Kids that sometimes go missing.

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't more SJW fauxrage by comparing the Joker's plight to BLM and such.

The reason is because e-celebs shill this comic and hypocritically ignore the polititic bullshit of the comic so the sheep audience just do whatever the e-celebs say.

>could have choked him

ha, haha. what about the several brutal beatings the main universe Batman has given the Joker, any of a peak humans punches could kill him, easy.

Good art and some good twists, interesting premises but his writing is bad, he doesn't think or write like a professional writer. At least it's entertaining

>and I decided to paint Batman as a pedophile who sexually molested all the Robins, that would be justified under the virtue of it being an elseworld?

Alan Moore already did that in Top Ten, you unoriginal hack.

KEK you're crazy man

>Alan Moore already did that in Top Ten, you unoriginal hack.
He..he did? Yikes

Not only that, the entire Justice League was involved in pedophilia and sex trafficking.

>Alan Moore did a pedo Batman story

Good art, shit writing. I nearly did a double take when the faux-Harley started calling herself Neo-Joker.

no it was in top 10, go educate yourself

Pretty interesting. I liked sane Joker. Harvey is annoying.

I've been enjoying the series its a cool re imagining of the batman universe. the idea of batman and jokers roles reversing intrigues me. also spoiler alert the idea of Harley becoming the new joker is cool

This type of elitist asshole attitude is a large part of why comics aren’t taken seriously as a form of media.

Those beatings usually happen when subduing the Joker while he’s in the act of killing. Legally, they would fall under “reasonable force” and be completely justified.

If Joker was about to set off a bomb and Batman put a bullet in him to stop him, that would be legal. If Batman best him to a pulp and he later died from his injuries, that would be legal -so long as the beating stopped once the threat was over.

Batman has trained and studied the human body for decades, he knows how to incapitate without killing. Joker has proven himself to be more resilient than most people too.

Beating someone up to save some innocent civilians is not the same as stuffing unknown medication down somebody’s throat after they’ve been incapitated.

I'm enjoying it, honestly. It sits in such a weird place in terms of continuity, definitely sitting somewhere within BTAS/Burton/Schumacher bats with Alfred being sick, the almost got 'im reference in issue #2, the Napier thing obviously, explicitly BTAS figures in Joker's cell, once again explicitly calling it mcgregor's syndrome, etc. that's pretty cool if you ask me

It’s an Elseworld. So you’re okay with pedo-Batman.

Would you mind if Batman was a black trans woman?

If you read the quotes in order, you'd see the user said that Alan Moore'd done it in Top 10. Not Batman, but some people have terrible reading comprehension or can't follow quotes correctly.

Besides telling someone to go read Top 10 isn't elitist, it's helpful. Top 10 is fucking awesome.

>I decided to paint Batman as a pedophile who sexually molested all the Robins, that would be justified under the virtue of it being an elseworld?
Miller already did this in ASBAR

I think a writer would have a harder time reconciling the important parts of his background (kid whose parents are shot and has enough resources to turn himself into a life of crime fighting and fakes being a playboy socialite) with being both trans AND black, but I suppose that with all the training he underwent and all the spiritual searching he did, someone might be able to spin it as part of his inner turmoil being caused by being trans.

Not actually Harley but whatever

Under the right circumstances, maybe.

She literally calls herself "Neo-Joker"

That's fucking retarded. The whole story is retarded.

They're never getting laid, so I don't see the point.

I assume this stupid character was created for girls reading since young girls enjoy this kind of stupid character, the evil woman wants your man

Nah, it was created so that Murphy could make a meta-joke as in "Post-Reboot Harley is stupid!!"

this
White Knight is just DCAU wank and the evil Harley is NOT MUH HARLEY

kys, Chrononauts is one of the funnest comics I've ever read

Art is awesome. The pacing great, but the plot is a bit too retarded. I really like it so far.

If all you've read are brainless Millar comics, sure.

Dude, it's an Elseworld