We got a sad Sup Forums thread so why not a spooky/disturbing thread?

We got a sad Sup Forums thread so why not a spooky/disturbing thread?

youtu.be/pdxucpPq6Lc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s
youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM
youtube.com/watch?v=oYjny4qNy24
youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw
youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes
youtube.com/watch?v=GJiIkRwS8Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4mtj6g-us
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s

Probably would have been perfect for Halloween.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM

I just like scary stuff man, but your right.

What was scary about that? Seemed more nihilistic.

>it's a "scientists are amoral" episode

Existential horror is still horror.

youtube.com/watch?v=oYjny4qNy24

>lol whats morality anyway, kids?!
no wonder canada is full of gender-bent sodomites

youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw

that's good. also, obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

Literally the prestige

>SOMA in a nutshell
Seriously though this made me think

youtube.com/watch?v=GJiIkRwS8Wc

I loved soma but never actually played the amnesia games. I understand they are telling two diffrent types of stories, but are they any good?

I swear I played a flash game with this same exact look and story years ago...

Too many retarded waifuposters though.

Why do people find To Be so unsettling?

This one managed to at least make me uneasy
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4mtj6g-us

>To Be, or not To Be
That is the question.

Nothing to think about. If you use that teleporter, you will die...period. The world won't care because your copy will be there to work and live and buy stuff and support your loved ones, but you yourself will die. Whatever happens after we die (probably the void, but I hope not), you will (or won't) experience it... Why this video gets such a debate going is beyond me. Yes, your replica will continue where you left off and it will be BAU for EVERYONE and EVERYTHING on Earth...except you, the original...cause you're dead Jim.

it's an extremely effective presentation of an extremely terrifying concept.

because you're a brainlet who doesn't comprehend that the entire teleporter scenario is an extended analogy for time itself, the point being that continuity of experience is never actually reliable. you are continuously dying and being replaced.

This doesn't scare me so much as it disturbs me and brings up an existential crisis to my well being.

But only a little at a time, not all at once. It takes a long time for your body to replace itself, so to instantly create a new you without your own particles and kill the old you is to kill you. The new you will feel like it moved, but it was just created.

No, because that would be a bullshit analogy, because in the cartoon it's a wholesale replacement of the physical cell-colony that makes up your gestalt.

Neurons are never replaced, my dude. The "your body is replaced every seven years" thing is an urban legend built around an arbitrary number. Different types of cells are replaced at different rates.