Why is diversiry such a big issue for Sup Forums media right now...

Why is diversiry such a big issue for Sup Forums media right now? Why do people need characters that are the same gender, race, or sexual orientation as them? What cant they like the preexisting characters? I dont really understand this because my favorite characters as a kid were all villains that were mutants or deformed in some way, so they didnt look anything like me.

It's not an issue in itself. The issue is (primarily white) creators wanting to bank on and get credit for being progressive and open minded, the problem being that their motives are totally superficial and often end up with shit that seems forced rather than organic, because often that is the case.

>primarily white

This is what pisses me off. White people just can't treat races as a minor character trait best used to differentiate characters from each other. If it's not racism it's white guilt.

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT NOT GOING TO EITHER EXTREME

Because most of them probably didn't see a minority in person till they got to college

I wouldn't even give them as much credit as to say it's white guilt, I think they just chase whatever they see dollar signs on

Because then we get yelled at for just writing a white dude with a darker complexion. Write your own damn books. Im tired of getting shouted on.

>favorite characters as a kid were all villains that were mutants or deformed in some way, so they didnt look anything like me
Are you sure about that op

It's a fad of 2010's.

If its about money then why dont they change their tatcis after years of slouching marvel sales and how these types of characters arent popular in other media shows its not working?

Of course user, im a normal upstanding human worm baby. Pic related, its me and my gf.

Diversity actually means getting rid of white people.

I never understood that shitty attitude myself. You either accept the show/movie/characters for what it is or if it bothers you that much then move on to something else. Not all media should be forced to tilt at your windmills.

They get paid by Jewish globalist billionaires with an explicit political agenda to do this shit, the actual comic book revenue doesn't actually matter.

Once disney buys Games workshop I'll literally have nothing left.

>I never understood that shitty attitude myself. You either accept the show/movie/characters for what it is or if it bothers you that much then move on to something else. Not all media should be forced to tilt at your windmills.
Exactly, and now feminists are ruining shit like star wars to cater to them even though it was never meant for them in the first place. I honestly wish nerd culture never got popular with normies and theyd fuck off outve our media already

The problem is that the diversity agenda is forcing its way into just about every medium of entertainment. Soon white males are just going to disappear from entertainment completely; there will be no safe place left.

Just curious, but what do jews have to gain by shoving in poorly written black characters or female heroes that are just feminist mouth pieces into media? Jews to me are just a boogey man used by Sup Forums to avoid the realization that the biggest threat to them is actually other white people motivated by white guilt and liberal sense of elitism through virtue signaling.

>Because then we get yelled at for just writing a white dude with a darker complexion. Write your own damn books. Im tired of getting shouted on.

You don't write anything anybody cares about, nobody shouts at you let alone knows you exist.

Marvel has admitted their current marketing campaign is based on sensationalism and making headlines, they don't care if fans aren't buying comics because they're getting tons of positive publicity from sjw internet media everytime they pull a Whor or a Captain Falcon, they also know that the pissed off fans will continue to talk about them and keep generating free publicity

I really wish this guy was joking. But he tells the truth.

>Marvel has admitted their current marketing campaign is based on sensationalism and making headlines, they don't care if fans aren't buying comics because they're getting tons of positive publicity from sjw internet media everytime they pull a Whor or a Captain Falcon, they also know that the pissed off fans will continue to talk about them and keep generating free publicity
But why do they keep doing it when there numbers keep going into the deficit? Are they really that stubborn and stupid that theyll rather force these shit characters then save their dying company? For fuckssake, two LCS in my aera closed this year, and it was all as a result of low comic sales because no one bought any new marvel titles. At this rate there going to kill the industry by putting all comic stores out of business.

So who gets to make the call on whether it's sincere or done for progressive brownie points?

People are going to see movies which is where Marvel rakes in billions. Once the super hero movie bubble bursts, you'll see a lot more fan pandering in comics from Marvel. Hell, it's already begun in small ways.

Honestly I think it's because the people who are going into the comics industry to work right now are people who grew up on tumblr lmao.

Yes i know, i was talking about sjws. The best way to stop it is not spending your money on it. Normies will never stick to one thing for long, they only buy whats trendy at the moment until the next thing gets popular. Look what happened to dr who and whats happening to marvel comics, the same will happen to star wars. You can only piss off your old fans for so long before they turn on you then, even worse, ignore you.

The quality of the product

meh, I'd fuck your lizard gf. So whatever.

But doesnt the comic branch not see a cent from the movies? I thought that all goes to disney? Even then, why keep funding a venture thats just loosing money, just so you can shill your political piece and characters that the true fans hate and have moved on and wont buy your comics anymore as a result? Better yet, why hasnt ike stopped this yet? Youd think he wouldve stopped it for being a trump supporter, but since its not even making money theres absolutely no logical reason for why he doesnt crack down on the comic branch more.

exept "diversity" means replacing old characters instead of making news ones or actually trying to fix pre-existing ones.

Why all the big push Miles Morales when Black Panther, Luke Cage, Monica Rambeau, Falcon, War Machine, Misty Knight, etc all exist?

pleasure doing business with you.

>Look what happened to dr who
What do you mean? Its still popular here
>You can only piss off your old fans for so long before they turn on you then, even worse, ignore you.
Exactly, cant wait for that fact to bite disney in the ass for star wars, especially after TLJ

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, a hack writer is a hack writer no matter what. They're doing one trendy thing right now because they are hacks, if they stopped doing that now, they'd just be hacks in some other way.

Because they don't actually care about diversity, they care about making headlines and breaking the internet....

A new Luke Cage comic series is not going to make headlines, turning Iron Man into a black teenaged girl is going to make a lot of them

I know, thats what i meant. They invaded a form of media and instead of accepting it for what it is they shamed them into ruining old beloved characters and mocking everyone that disagreed.

ike doesnt give a fuck about what the comics do, because ultimately it's an irrelevant medium. It's hayday was decades ago (and all the MCU does it pick their characters from back then anyways) and the comics are going just to keep the IPs on lock and fans sedated.

Normies stopped watching dr who after that young fruity guy left. It's no longer mentioned in mainstream media.

>They're doing one trendy thing right now because they are hacks
I agree with you, but why doesnt marvel crack down on them doing something “trendy” when its killing their sales?

>A new Luke Cage comic series is not going to make headlines

a modern day Luke Cage series has a chance to be interesting and compelling. Writers are so lazy and greedy for royalty checks that they make up their own characters in hopes of other media exposure.

Bendis is the worst example of this.

What are they going to do with marvel properties when they're no longer profitable.

Christ, what an irresponsible cunt for not even caring about the medium his company came from. Shouldnt he be insulted that the comics are basically calling him and others with his opinions nazis?
Huh, merch still sells in hot topic and my friend and i still like it. Sucks to be them, the 12th doctor was even better, and even then the series has been medicore to outright shit since moffat got in charge and davies left, so all those normies getting in on the fad werent around when it was actually great. Hope the new guy doesnt suck and the female doctor doesnt become a feminist douche

Apparently there are big portions of the population that, if they don't see characters that look like them, then they cannot connect with them.

Other portions, probably with overlap, can't believe they can do something unless they see someone that looks like them do it first.

I don't understand either groups.

>normie
Fuck off normalfaggot, you are a """"normie"""" if you use that PC version.

I'm the poster you're replying to, and I'm actually part Jewish. I can tell you with absolutely certainty that Jewish spheres of influence have an EXTREME vendetta towards non-Jewish white people. The Holocaust, an event that details them getting murdered en masse by white Europeans, is literally at the core of Judaism. It's like a fucking cult that they follow. Jewish kids are indoctrinated with Holocaust propaganda from the day they're born and inevitably it causes a large number of them to fear the goyim for what they did to their people. It's not really a hatred, it's more of an intense distrust and fear that makes them think it's in their best interest to enforce multiculturalism and make sure while people are kept at bay by removing them from places of influence.

If you still don't believe me, compile a list of notable self-hating white people. Tally up how many of them are Jewish. It'll probably be a heck of a lot, especially considering they only make up 2% of the US population. I've always heard the conspiracies and I never wanted to believe it since I'm technically Jew, but eventually I noticed that everything I enjoyed was getting ruined by this bizarre diversity agenda and I started putting the puzzle pieces together. The truth is that I don't think Jews ever properly assimilated into white western countries, and I'm fairly certain this is going to have disastrous consequences considering how much power they hold in the US media and government.

BP gets a big push. Miles has a big push because Bendis wants to make a bunch of money on a film. Monica has been in more titles over the past few years than she has been in a decade. Falcon became Captain America full stop.
Do you not read comics?

>if they don't see characters that look like them, then they cannot connect with them.
Christ, what narcissists
>Other portions, probably with overlap, can't believe they can do something unless they see someone that looks like them do it first.
Holy shit, are they autistic children?
I say faggot all the time, dyke carpetmuncher queer

>Jewish kids are indoctrinated with Holocaust propaganda from the day they're born and inevitably it causes a large number of them to fear the goyim for what they did to their people.
>it's in their best interest to enforce multiculturalism and make sure while people are kept at bay by removing them from places of influence.
Christ, they sound like a bunch of fearful bigoted bastards. Sorry you have to be associated with them user, at least theres jews like you that dont think like that

If you use the term normie, then you are a normalfag, it's a very simple distinction that shows where you first picked up the term and how it relates to your use and understanding of it. Sorry to break your heart nigger.

Viewership has declined sharply since matt smith left. They're thinking who wants to see some old white guy doing this space nerd shit.

>complaining about disney and being a normalfaggot at the same time
You know its physically impossible for normalfag sheep to hate the mouse, right?

Watch out, you may fall over if you keep backpedaling this hard

Most Jews probably don't actively think like that, but a large portion of them do and the reason that's a problem is because Jews also tend to have extraordinary high verbal IQs, which allows them to easily make their way into positions of power and push their agendas into the mainstream.

Wow, people are fucking retarded. Cappaldi was much better, and even then most of his episodes were fucking shit because of the awful stories moffat would come up with, usually with unnecessary emphasis on his shit OC companions.

>Jews also tend to have extraordinary high verbal IQs, which allows them to easily make their way into positions of power and push their agendas into the mainstream.
If theyre so smart then why do they think shit like diversity is good and think all whites are a menace? Seems like something a cowardly dumb person would think.

Sup Forums things are historically straight white male things so when there's diversity added, straight white males lose a piece of the pie. A lot of it is because of marketing, finding out who else they can get money from, a lot of it is liberal millennial content creators getting jobs and expressing themselves. Some like including a more diverse cast, not just for the social media points and the sales, but because they wanted to. But yes, then there's who are less talented who use diversity as a crutch.

Then there's also fans who bitch because Finn is a little TOO black for a Star Wars film and his blackness must be a message and... you know the rest.

It's disappointing that people automatically assume there's an SJW conspiracy whenever they see a major character who isn't straight or white.

>Matt was a meh actor with decent episodes
>Capaldi was a great actor with meh episodes
Fucking shit. I loved Capaldi. It's a shame he had crap writers, he performed well as the Doctor.

They are right about the old part though. Modern Who's main audience (at least in the USA) young women using it as self insertion fantasy for the companions, you need a fairly attractive doctor for that (though personally I find Smith hideous)

Why does some faggot like you always show up to derail anti-pc threads? Seems suspiciously like you do it on purpose to stop discussions on the original topic.

I wouldn't hesitate to believe that a lot of these comics get indirect funding from IRL supervillain George Soros. And while he's not really "the Jews", he is Jewish.

Not that guy, but this is an anti-pc thread? I thought Skeletor was asking an honest question.

What the fuck are you talking about you dumb triggered normalfag? Sorry you literally advocate for PC when you use the term Normie, calling me some fucking falseflag won't change that.

I do blame george soros for alot of this, much more then “da joos” as a people. Has he ever explained why he believes all the “progressive” bullshit like BLM and shilarys brand of man hating feminism?

>Shilarys brand of man hating feminism?
I fucking hated that cunt but she's barely a feminist beyond "gib pussy pass pls" let alone a man hating one.

>Sorry you literally advocate for PC when you use the term Normie
But i hate PC and sjw faggots and i still use normie, thats a common expression and if you think otherwise then your probably a newfag

He doesn't believe it; but the chaos and deatomization it brings puts money in his pockets. I think he's just legitimately evil.

>IRL supervillain George Soros
You mean the communist capitalist nazi jew who is supposedly funding protestors on both sides and paid for imaginary riots in November? Yeah, he's my favorite comic book villain.

>all critics of me are internet basement dwellers, and well label them all as nazis by making pepe a hate symbol
I want to bash her fucking face in for putting pepe on a hate symbol list

>cowardly dumb person
Congrats, you just described a majority of Jews.
Soros is a globalist, the bullshit he peddles is part of the rotten cancer that is globalism. You really think they'll be the ones feeling the effects of what bullshit they try to push?

>It's a common expression
Maybe on other websites where your posts get deleted or you're chastised for using the term "faggot" or "fag", but here the term is normalfag.
>newfag doesn't know the term, can't read a thread properly and then calls others newfags

I AM ANGRY! FUCK YOU!
Anyway what were we talking about again? Lol whatever who cares, when's the next star wars coming out so i can preorder a ticket

>but the chaos and deatomization it brings puts money in his pockets.
How exactly? Its not that i dont believe you, im legitimately curious about his motives and how he profits off of all this. And are you sure thats not his beliefs, because he seems like he has some political agenda when ive seen him in interviews.

MUH DEPLORABLES literally isn't even gendered though, she's a classic slime covered politician, she can't be opinionated enough to qualify as a feminist.

>going to do with marvel properties when they're no longer profitable.

They are owned by Disney now. They'll be profitable for a long, long time. Iron Man and Captain America are now A-list level. They'll be milked in ever cruise line, theme park, clothing line, merchandise push, etc. until the end of time, just like with the Disney Princesses.

Normie originated in this site you fucking moron. Kill yourself normie cuck
I keep hearing globalist thrown around without really knowing what it means and what their motives are

Thanks for proving my point by continuing to ruin the thread.

Im sorry, but that was obviously an attack at younger males who didnt like her. Especially when she targeted out pepe

Call the cops or something dumbass

Black Panther barely recently got a big push. Falcon had to become Captain America instead of focusing on his unique persona and name. War Machine was killed off. Luke Cage has been tied down to Jessica Jones, which has sucked all his personality away.

I'll give you Monica tho.

She didn't put Pepe on a hate symbol list, you mong, and it wasn't every Pepe, it was the smug Hitler Pepe with the gas chamber. It was done by the, wait for it, jews at the anti-defamation league.

I suppose the simple answer is White people aren't whoever they're portraying. I can talk to a black guy, see black people in media, in cartoons, in all kinds of shit, but if GTA: San Andreas taught me anything, being black helps portray black people the best.

Not saying white people can't do it, but I don't think I could ever write a story about gangland life the way San Andreas did without eventually ending up with stereotypes, since I don't really "KNOW" LA Ganglife/ghetto life.

A disproportionately large number of these self-hating white people are Jews, if you really look into it. Why that is I have no idea.

I suppose you're right, there's more to it than just the movies. I underestimated the disney machine.

Because they are typically more liberal and there are nice collections of cherry picked tweets by them.

Only the ones who deserve to be removed. Free market, baby.

BP got a fairly famous writer on his book and a huge push around it nearly two years ago.
Are you unironically going to tell me that a Falcon book could survive without using legacy? That's a stealth mini-title if I've ever heard of one.
Luke's JJ marraige predates the diversity push by a decade plus

Well if you start with a 100% majority (using hyperbole) of white, adding anything else takes from that.

>She didn't put Pepe on a hate symbol list, you mong
Her bringing attention to it put it on the anti defamation leagues list, i guarantee you.
>and it wasn't every Pepe, it was the smug Hitler Pepe with the gas chamber.
Yeah? Well now everytime pepes posted on any other site a rash of comments calling you a nazi come out of no where and it gets taken down. Wendys had to apologize for making a smug pepe wendy edit. Fuck hilary for killing one of the greatest memes of all time.
So jews hate themselves? Whys that?

>Only the ones who deserve to be removed. Free market, baby.
And free market is making these companies and their shit diversity characters loose money and fail, faggot

That was proof that they should lose all credibility. The ADL would classify a stiff breeze as a hate group if it got them another press release.

People who want a platform to preach the intersectional "feminism" ideology are also usually very childish and not well read, liking comics, cartoons and easy stories like Star Wars movies. So they find this an acceptable platform to preach their nonsense.
They always do this by infiltrating the medium little by little and using weasel words and accusations of bigotry to get where they want, with no regard for the quality or marketability of the end product. Just as long as the message is spread.
They did this to comics and movies, they've tried doing this to video games, they're attempting to do that with cartoons, Magic: the Gathering and Warhammer. They see the world in a simplistic Marxist "oppressed-oppressor" way and for the most part they don't actually want equality, they want to reverse the roles.

So you made up a scenario in your head where she's a hip momma internet meme queen who recognizes Pepe as a Sup Forums thing, thus a nazi thing and tells an assortment of jews who then get people made at you? My liberal facebook feed still gets the occasional Pepe and the only articles, as far as I know, that made it anywhere were ones ridiculing the decision. The knowledge that it's a hate symbol is known mostly by those who think that's ridiculous. The meme wasn't killed by her it was made more powerful.

>liking comics, cartoons and easy stories like Star Wars movies.
But these types of people are typically fake nerds who think its “trendy”, and dont really like the source material. If they did like it they wouldnt fuck it up by mocking the original characters while trying to push their shit OCs and awful politics

>diversity
>still somehow makes this all about feminism
You're obsessed.

>So you made up a scenario in your head where she's a hip momma internet meme queen who recognizes Pepe as a Sup Forums thing, thus a nazi thing and tells an assortment of jews who then get people made at you?
You say it in a sardonic way but yes.

If we're talking actual ethnic Hebrews (the Ashkenazi, not those wannabe white fruit cup faggots) they are really, really inbred. So "pure" it'd make Sup Forums blush.

>thread about diversity in comic books is just autistic screeching about soros and da joos

I dont know why i'm surprised.

Feminism is the biggest cancer in all this diversity shit. I dont mind black characters, but i really get pissed whenever they try to bring their sexless rape culture bullshit into things. It single handidly ruined the latest star wars film. Plus it goes hand in hand with forced diversity, because they love darkies because it makes them look progressive to their friends and dating black guys makes daddy mad and its payback for him not getting her malibu barbie for christmas when she was 10.

>just autistic screeching about soros and da joos
>we should ignore relevant information that has to do with the thread topic because it offends some people
This isnt your safe space, faggot

Are you like this with your friends and family too? Making up intricate scenarios that explain why people see you a certain way or does your imagination only stretch so far as to make you think that maybe I'm Hillary Clinton live streaming this very conversation to some jews right now?

lol, what relevant information? all I see is a bunch of marvel fanboys upset about some dumb plot thread blaming a global conspiracy to take their toys away. You're deranged bud.

>What cant they like the preexisting characters?

they do. the problem comes when dumbasses who don't read comics judge the comic industry and demand minority characters when they already exist.

Marvel: Bishop and Shard could have their own movie
Cloak and Dagger could have their own movie
Deathlok could have his own movie
Storm could have her own movie with a few other mutants (not too many). i think storm was actually possessed or turned in to a brood once. this is not a difficult concept to understand.

diversity already exists and hollywood is pushing the white characters first to make money and create artificial controversy on purpose. Perlmutter is friends with Trump.

oh and there's lots of diversity outside the DC and Marvel. but hollywood isn't there to produce good movies. hollywood wants to make money off of things that everyone already knows about. superman and batman aren't great characters, they are profitable because western culture is saturated with those characters

Stop trying to misrepresent my comment to further your argument, faggot. No, i dont think hilarys behind everything, but i do think the ADL put pepe on their hate symbol list because hilary mentioned him in a speech, one that caught alot of peoples attention to him that wouldve never heard of pepe otherwise.

That's why I put "feminism" in quotes. Intersectional version mashes everything together, race, gender, sexuality and sexual identity etc. Women now have in some countries in the West even more rights than men and thus feminists have lost their plot. What do you need a protester for if there's nothing to protest? Have you seen how increasingly petty feminist issues have become, from having voting rights to same pay to now treating discussing if a woman is attractive or not almost the same as rape. That's not what you can inspire people with. So they attached themselves to racial and similar issues for the movement to survive.

Note that I'm nowhere near America and American culture of racism is alien to me.