Japan/US Relations

yahoo.com/news/japans-abe-meet-trump-next-week-official-040526335.html
>Tokyo (AFP) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is to meet US president-elect Donald Trump next week in New York, officials said Thursday, after phone talks between the two following the billionaire's shock election win.

It is highly unusual for the Japanese prime minister to meet with the president before the inauguration, so what could this mean for relations between Japan and the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2044829/us-opposition-aiib-strategic-mistake-says-senior-trump?utm_content=buffer5f944&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Military. Abe couldn't militarize because of US pressure. Now he can.

Abe has technology to make Anime real.

Abe is the biggest loser out of all this.

Sure, he can remilitarize, but even with rapid militarization, he wont be able to catch up to China, and surely even Imperial Japan 2.0 will never be able to defeat China, even with nukes and all.

Abe needs 1000% US backing if he wants to start a war against China. And Trump would say no, after getting what he wants out of the Chinese in terms of trade and economy.

It pretty obviously means he wants to talk to Trump ASAP over his comments about letting Japan militarize and the US withdrawing troop support from Japan.

I predict Abe wants both, he'll agree to pay more for US troops stationed there for a period while Japan builds a military and possibly gets nuclear capability.

Isn't it obvious

They're gonna make anime real.

PREASE DON'T CANCERU TPP TURANPU-SAMA

>Abe is the biggest loser out of all this.
I agree. Japan fucked bigtime if Trump leaves them to defendend themselves.
China can proxy a conflict through North Korea and start the raping they been dreaming about.
Japan is in a crazy spot where only a nuclear deterrent can give them a chance but that would take a decade to produce and who knows If they'll have that time. This is why Abe is desperately to check Trumps position.

Yes, also;

Sino-US Economic Alliance seems to be getting closer with Trump:

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2044829/us-opposition-aiib-strategic-mistake-says-senior-trump?utm_content=buffer5f944&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

>US opposition to AIIB ‘strategic mistake’, says senior Trump adviser

>In Op-ed letter to the Post, James Woolsey says he hopes new administration would give ‘much warmer’ response to China’s ‘One Road’ initiative

>A top adviser of US president-elect Donald Trump has lashed out at the Obama administration for failing to embrace the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, suggesting a possible policy shift come January.

>In a letter to the Op-ed pages of the South China Morning Post, James Woolsey, a senior adviser to Trump on national security, defence and intelligence, called the current administration’s opposition to the formation of the AIIB “a strategic mistake”. He hoped the Trump response to the “One Road, One Belt” initiative would be “much warmer”. James Woolsey, senior Trump adviser. Photo: Wikipedia
>China launched the blueprint three years ago to promote economic co-operation among a corridor of countries stretching from Southeast Asia to Europe.

>The AIIB was officially launched with 57 countries, including several US allies including Britain, Australia and South Korea, but the US and Japan have stayed away.

Only a question of time when Abe is on suicide watch again.

>that would take a decade to produce
Monkey.

Point is that even with nuclear weapons, Japan is unlikely to achieve any strategic advantages over China in terms of regional contest for power.

1. China is unlikely and not interested in directly attacking Japan's mainland anytime soon, hence the nukes of both sides will stay where they are.

2. Nukes do not help to curb China's main power: Their rising economic cloud in asia.

3. Nukes are not useful in deterring the limited naval clashes between Chinese and Japanese coast guard cutters that would most probably occur before anything else.

4. Nukes do not really deter the Chinese from taking far away disputed islands, as nuking China and getting nukes in return for some small rock just isnt worth it, really.

5. Japan is basically a One-Nuke-Country much like Israel; They will never be able to "win" a nuclear exchange with China, even if they had a thousands or so nukes, since all they themselves need for their extinction are just a couple Megaton-class nukes, a fraction of China's current arsenal.

Remilitarization of Japan would only boost national pride and maybe strengthen Japanese resolve a bit. But it will not stop their decline or stop China's rise. It also wont stop China from penetrating the 1st island chain's containment and become a Pacific Power.

It would take less than 12 months for japan to weaponise their fission material

they are one earthquake away from being a third world country.

Prease ret us still sell honda and sonys. Prease trumpu sama.

Japan getting nukes would be the first step of them becoming a superpower and the foundation of their sphere of influence in the Pacific. That said nobody can outsweatshop China.

Please, earthquakes are almost daily occurrences and the Fukushima fiasco happened mostly because of the company that managed the NPP's incompetence.

Apparently they have very shitty heat insulation in their infrastructure too. i feel like their buildings are made of cardboard.

JAPAN-U.S.A.-U.K.-RUSSIA

WE’RE GONNA DOMINATE THE WORLD
PRAISE KEK

Delivery mechanisms.

Point is Japan can go nuclear in months so thr br is a monkey.

Point 2 is moot. China cannot rise as an economic power if it tries to engage in conflict with Japan. China can either dominate economically or try the hard road.

Japan's navy is very competent. Regardless of what Trump says they will not cede the Pacific to China. At most we will see a reduction in US commitment which will be happily rebalanced by Japan.

To suggest otherwise is to buy into the narrative that Trump is an idiot.

>Japan getting nukes would be the first step of them becoming a superpower and the foundation of their sphere of influence in the Pacific.

How so?

Is Pakistan a superpower according to you? They have nukes as well. Or North Korea.

Nukes alone wont make any difference, if there is no way to leverage them for peacetime benefits.

And I see no way for Japan to leverage them against China in any useful way.

Even if Japan uses these nukes to guarantee Taiwanese independence, because Trump is unwilling to do so, they will only invide ridicule and a bad end from China totally ignoring them on that. Since there is nothing aside of the protection of the Japanese mainland that would warrant an assured destruction of the Japanese race, by the use of nuke. Fat chance that Japan would ever be able to use their nukes in anger.

America won't give up Japan as a forward operating base in Asia. They hit the jackpot by having an island just off the coast of China to project power from. You don't make America great again by withdrawing from hard fought strategic gains. If he puts big tariffs on Japanese imports maybe they'll try to kick out them out though.

Trump: Abe-San, what is it you desire?
Abe: Nuclear weapons for fighting china!
Trump: I'll give you the nukes you desire, but you have to please my voters first! Make anime real!

>When the Trump Tower is more important than the White House now.

Top fucking kek

i'll take Jap Anus Relations for 200, Alex.

As they should be able to, along with Germany.

Honestly China should rape those degenerate Japs like they did to them in WWII, Japan took 2 nukes to the face but in all honesty it didnt mean shit to the rest of Asia that was raped by Imperial Japan. The fact that America helped rebuild and make Japan a wealthy nation by proxy was a slap in the face, not to mention the emperor's rotal family is still the royal family today. Fuck em honestly.

Just tell me how Japan can actually "not cede" the Pacific to China?

Do you claim that the Japanese will now take over the US role to enforce the blockade against China along the entire 1st island chain? Are you really sure that their economy even allows that?

If Japan wanted to contain China on its own, they need to declare war against China. And without US backing, Japan is sure to lose that war. Dont fall for their Bushido/Gundam/Japanese High-Tech meme - because that's a thing of the past already and China produces much more warships, warplanes, missiles and nukes much quicker and much cheaper than Japan.

kill yourself chink

He's going to tell him about the secret organization Kekkei Genkai and ask him to help restore shinto as the main religion in Japan.

You are aware that Japan has a space industry yes? And that they do have delivery methods?

I can't leave these repeating holy digits go unchecked.

Trump wants superior Japanese weapons that have been folded 5x10^45 times.

Shinto is the main religion of Japan.

Abe will give him the secret to improving white birthrates with anime.

It makes me laugh to know how freaked about Trump must be, the look on his face with Obama too, what a madman, truly an inspiration

They can buy them from us. Even if Trump goes full fuck off mode, Japan and the US have very deep and good relations, with the exception of the Okinawa base. Trump will not leave them high and dry, and if they're willing to pay, he'd be willing to help.

That was decades ago and in a completely different geopolitical context

US has been pressuring Japan to TRIPLE their military spending to around 3% GDP for years now because of China's rise, but there is significant domestic opposition to this within Japan

Same in Europe where Germany, France, Italy and others fail to meet the 2% GDP mark which is supposed to be an absolute minimum for NATO, not a stretch goal

Now that Trump is elected, hopefully these countries will start taking us seriously when we tell them to increase their defense spending so that we carry less of the burden if they want to keep our treaty alliances

freaked out*

No, your occupation was because of WWII.

(Vietnam was supposed to be) South Korea is the forward operating base rubbing against china.

Obama somehow made relations with Japan shit

Abe just wants to suck Trumps cock seeing as the meetings he had with Hillary ended up being worthless.

Welcome to the world strongman Club: Trump, Putin, Erdogan, Netanyahu, Orban, Le Pen, Xi, Modi, Abe, ALsisi, Duterte,
and the general British population

Really? Above buddhism and christianity? Because i heard Nippon Kaigi wanted to restore it as the main religion.

japan and india are going to continue to cozy up to each other now, almost surely

TPP is getting signed

Yeah, it's above both of those, christianity by a long shot.

Fuck off weeb

>He's going to tell him about the secret organization Kekkei Genkai and ask him to help restore shinto as the main religion in Japan.

They will MAKE NIPPON SUBARASHIDESU AGAIN.

You misread. Japan wont because the US arent going to leave it. Its a pointless discussion.

That sounds really pimp

The US and India are cozying up to one another too. Frankly if I was China I would be shitting my pants right now. South Korea, Japan, and India as well as Taiwan and the Philippines are all pro-America, and the US is working overtime in the region to make more alliances. China has nothing except Russia, and if Trump can patch things up with them, China will be more or less alone.

Kys korean fleshlight whore

BASED ABE WANTS HIS NUKES

TPP SCRAPPED, NEW JAPAN ONLY SPECIFIC DEAL ANNOUNCED

CHEAP NINTENDOS AND PS4'S, JAPAN HAS TO HAVE THEM BUILT IN THE US.

He's proposing a doujinshi and anime series staring Trump.

They're actually going to make Anime real. The meme magic is completely out of control.

t. Yang Xin

Korea loli inferior! We offer better loli! YOU PAY FOR DEFENSE NOW

Actually Abe is now able to get everything he dreamed, both imperial japan-like military might, nukes and US backing, the only drawback is that he needs a lot of money, Trump said that US military backing may remain or increase case he pays more.

This is fan fiction regardless even in some wawa land where the US abstains from a sinojap war there is zero chance of it not escalating massively and causing all sorts of shit to comr China way

HES GOING TO MAKE ANIME REAL.

If the US wont leave them, China would still win in the end.

Read the statement of James Woolsey Jnr is a senior adviser of US President-elect Donald Trump on national security, defence and intelligence.

>Our ideological differences should also be better managed. America’s commitment to the spread of freedom is unwavering. Yet, as we improve our understanding of the complexities of the Chinese social and political system, it becomes increasingly apparent that challenging the current system is a risky endeavour. We may not like it but we don’t necessarily have to do something about it. I can therefore see the emergence of a grand bargain in which the US accepts China’s political and social structure and commits not to disrupt it in any way in exchange for China’s commitment not to challenge the status quo in Asia. It may not be a spoken agreement but a tacit understanding that guides the relations in the years to come.

Trump will accept the Communist Party of China as a legitimate regime and accept the Chinese system as well. This will result in the "New Type of Great Power Relationship" that would basically leave Abe, who was always banking on TPP and PacificPivot, in the dust.

Neither can I.

>Now he can
Nope, Article 9 of the Constitution forbids it.

GIVE JAPAN NUKES AGAIN

Let's see how long Article 9 lasts though. Will it last the entire Trump term?

CAN WE NUKE JAPAN AGAIN?
3RD TIMES THE CHARM

My dick is hard brazil.Nulcear bomb building time: 2-3 days. Materials already being collected since before the election.

But to be more serious:
Finally we can stand on our on 2 feet.
With this we can be a true ally to america.

>No, your occupation was because of WWII.

Yes, and if he's going to put pressure on Chyna, do you think he'll abandon one of their key allies and all their bases.

Trump will make anime real

Seeing as how hundreds of thousands gathered to protest the rewording of the Mutual Defense Treaty, going after Article 9 might spark an all-out rebellion.

How likely is it that China would attack Japan if they stop getting military aide from the US?

God can this please ducking happen. Uncuck the whole goddamn planet

I don't like it. We are much more likely to be attacked as a US ally than as China attacking American bases directly.

Your face wen Japan can be a real country again while Brasil is forever a joke.

Since when has Abe given a shit about what the Japanese people protest about?

Don't make me laugh, Pakistan doesn't have the means of delivering them across the globe neither a good regular military or a significant GDP. Japan has a more than respectable GDP, a regular military in everything but name that would give a big headacke to most of the NATO members and could develop functioning nukes and delivery vehicles for those in a really short timespan if so they wished.

And besides you should know that nukes are mostly diplomatic leverage.

right and north korea is a basket case thats probably more trouble than its worth. taiwan is going to be brought into the fold sooner or later

You got me Takeshi, were do I sign up?

>pacifist rebellion
>implying they can fight
the japanese government will have all the guns. Back to square one.

>tfw going to study abroad in japan for a year 2017-2018
g-guys

Rest in pepperoni my sweet pizza!

Never heard of deterrent force?Actually Japan is more likely to improve Chinese relations by being self-reliant and nuclear.

Don't worry, you can be safe in Okinawa lol.

I imagine he will if the number get up in the millions and the Gommies reawaken.

People are raised to practically revere Article 9 in school, it:s something a lot of people feel strongly about.

>I didn't bother to see how people fought with the police when the MDF was reworded.

Sasuga Shitposting-sempai

>Okinawa
Went there for a vacation once. I prefer the mainland, it was meh.

JP pussy for whites is a market thats about to boom

Get ready to fuck JP chicks if you encounter them lads, theyre going to be all over you now

>And besides you should know that nukes are mostly diplomatic leverage.

And Japan would use them how?

I already panned out the most likely scenario for japan to convert their nukes into diplomatic levereage: Namely during a Taiwanese Independence scenario, where Japan extends the nuclear umbrella over them to protect them from Chinese invasion.

And even then, it wont work out, since it is unlikely that Japan would accept to be nuked in response of nuking China over protecting Taiwan. Rational-choice wise, it just isnt worth it.

The only diplomatic leverage that they can ever achieve via nukes is basically this.

>1. China is unlikely and not interested in directly attacking Japan's mainland anytime soon, hence the nukes of both sides will stay where they are.

China fucking hates Japan for WW2. The only way they'll let it go is if they can get their 5 million male surplus army over and rape all the Nips. If 4 million dudes die, that's perfect because the gender disparity will be fixed.

That's because Japanese intellectuals exist, whereas Brazil is just a meme.

Trump wants to watch the animey and read the mango.

You think so? I don't trust Abe enoug to even do something then

But you can have sex with US soldiers in Okinawa....

Japan wants to shake off US relations in favor of Russia. US occupation has a really bad reputation in Nip town. The Jap media was routing for a Trump win, because of Trumps stance on having capitulated nations pay for US protection, Japan see's this as their out.

A E S T H E T I C
E
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

Why would I want to fuck US soldiers? Im American, im after that japanese pussy mane.

What sort of delivery mechanisms?

Yeah, sorry but that's bullshit.

China has never questioned Japan's right of existence and they always said that they would want to have that good Sino-Japanese relationship as during the 70s and 80s back.

Historical issues aside, there is basically no actual reason, realpolitik-wise, why China should invade Japan, an economic power in decline and a diplomatic featherweight.