Why is the left (Ponyhead from Star Vs.) viewed more as acceptable than the right...

Why is the left (Ponyhead from Star Vs.) viewed more as acceptable than the right? Ponyhead talks like a caricature of someone straight out of the ghetto. Like a white person doing a "aw dayum" black girl's voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_girl
youtube.com/watch?v=6twTHteArlY
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb21lsCQ3EM
youtube.com/watch?v=pg-Bt1nocSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who Says that Jim Crow isn’t acceptable? Give me the names of these Heretics!

Many white girls actually talk like Ponyhead in real life. Besides, she's not a visual stereotype for anyone of any race, considering she's a fucking horse. Jim Crow (pfft) and his friends however, are a different story.

That being said, I like Jim Crow better than Ponyhead, as I don't want to punch Jim Crow when he speaks.

Just google "Dumbo crows are racist" for a thousand think pieces on the matter.

Aside from Jim Crow, who was voiced for a white guy, the other crows were voiced by a black chorus who did actually speak like that, too.

Jim Crow's name was also never said in the movie. I assume it was just a production crew joke, like how South park has "Token Black" and he's the only black kid in the cast.

Jim and friends get the best song in the movie, and are all around cool guys. They're not slaves of any kind, they have depth of character, and they're instrumental in getting Dumbo airborne.

The only thing "racist" about them is that they reflect a side of reality that America is determined to memory hole instead of just accept as a fact and move away from.

Honestly, the fact that they're so overall unobjectionable is probably par of why they get such a backlash. If people realize there's no real problem here, there goes a chunk of the culture of victimhood.

Why do people treat this show like it's the Bible? Even at its best it was a vehicle to sell ad place and worthless merchandise and toys

They're not even crows, they're magpies.

Checkmate, racists.

>Ponyhead talks like a caricature of someone straight out of the ghetto.
No she fucking doesn't, it's obviously this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_girl
She's blatantly meant to be a spoiled rich white girl. I don't know how you could misinterpret this that badly.

Do you know what a valley girl sounds like?
youtube.com/watch?v=6twTHteArlY

Cause this ain't it. It sounds like someone doing a Dijonnay impression. Pacifica is a "valley girl" voice while Lumpy Space Princess is a parody of the valley girl voice. Ponyhead doesn't sound like either of those characters.

That's pretty much been co-opted by now, plus she's got enough valley girl thrown into the mix that any ethnisms fly under the radar.

>Been on 3 years
>no toys on any shelves

how is it a vehicle for merch?

It's copypasta, ignore him. He's been posting that in several threads now.

Ponyhead sounds exactly like LSP. And like the Frank Zappa song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb21lsCQ3EM

youtube.com/watch?v=pg-Bt1nocSQ

It really sounds like you're the one who needs to get their ears checked if you think your video sounds anything like Ponyhead.

Disney was in the middle of a strike.
Animators wanted a living wage.
The ones who kept working drew the crows as caricatures of the strikers.
That's the "in-joke".
I can't believe the voices and the dialog weren't approved by Disney. He was a control freak.

Source on any of that pls

I'm not the only one, see:
>she's got enough valley girl thrown into the mix
Anyway I can't make you hear what things actually sound like, either you get it or you don't, and you apparently don't (or you do but are willfully ignoring what you know is true to push some weird political agenda).

The Civil War happened because Northerners wanted to crush the Souths economy

Didn't the birds help Dumbo learn how to fly?

Saying stuff like "dang girrrll" isn't exactly what valley girls are known for.

Yeah I actually thought Ponyhead was supposed to be a white valley girl, because that's how the white wanna-be valley girls I grew up with in fucking podunk iowa acted.

>Like a white person doing a "aw dayum" black girl's voice.
It's allowed because the voice actress is Jewish.

It's popularity (what moderate popularity it had, that is) has noticeably dwindled during its third season, as it is usual with most cartoons. Most are just watching it strictly only for the ships now.

The actual viewer numbers do not match your rhetoric that seems to be based only on how many star vs threads there are on Sup Forums at any given moment.

Not that user but while she may not be going "like, omagoood" every 2 minutes, she's definitely inflecting in that register. I'd say they slapped different traits together to go for a generic bubbly party girl voice

Because in order to be a stereotype for one thing you need to be a stereotype. There is nothing wrong with portraying someone "out of the ghetto", but Ponyhead is a fucking pony head

Maybe you're young but the crows were not offensive because they were simply supposed to be black, it was because they were reminiscent of something specifically associated with racism that people take offense to, which may be right or wrong, but that isn't the point here

Also, Ponyhead doesn't even sound black, if anything she sounds like a Chola stereotype like those ones from MadTV, and nobody is really offended by that since Cholas were not slaves.

This.

Ponyhead is a Chola.

Because I know some fucking ghetto ass white girls IRL and Ponyhead herself isn't a reference to segregation laws and actual systemic racism.

Ponyhead seemed more like a hispanic girl to me.

>if anything she sounds like a Chola stereotype
I'm surprised that it took this long in this thread for anyone to say this. I mean really. Black? Valley Girl? The rest of you need your ears checked (or you just aren't around American accents all the time in which case it's not your fault).

you're a nigger if you think ponyhead is in any way black, she's a stereotyped tween bitch

People treat all of media like it's the bible these days, it's disgusting.

Yep. Sad but true.

I don't see why like like this show.
Beyond the fact the fact the majority of people who watch this show seem to want to screw that guy while he's in drag.

she talks like a spoiled white valley girl. in Ponymonium, all her sisters sounded like some form of rich white girl. she's just the most obnoxious, which a lot of anons on Sup Forums immediately sees as being ghetto black.

>like how South park has "Token Black" and he's the only black kid in the cast.

There's a black girl too, you know.

Pony head is annoying, and shouldn't have been a recurring character.
She COULD be top tier girl, but has the worst character design flaw imaginable
She is an equine race with no HORSE PUSSY
So literally, what's the point?

Is it racist if the stereotypical black characters are shown to be the only good hearted and decent characters in the narrative.

Say what you want about Dumbo and the crow characters, but at the end of the day while almost every white person was shown to be a raging asshole it was the (heavily implied) black people that saved the day.

The stand ins for the striking animators were the clowns of the circus, not the crows. They talk up what they do and what they deserve, finishing that they all should take their thoughts to the ringmaster and demand a raise. It's pretty telling that the clowns also make fun of Dumbo, even suggesting the crazy idea of dropping the elephant from such a high height that if he did actually go through with it he probably would have died. They're also shown to be shameless drunks.

If anything the crows are the people who stayed behind and got Dumbo 'flying' and out of the dangerous situation he was placed in by the clowns dosing his water with alcohol and LSD.

Is this the new copy pasta meme?

Who the hell finds pony head an acceptable character?

Would you ever want to see her in human/mewman form?

She would be the best if she had a body

>Aside from Jim Crow, who was voiced for a white guy

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

If a black guy can voice an honorable Japanese samurai (Jack), a white girl can voice a broken english Chinese boy (Omi), and girls can regularly voice boys and vice versa, the world can make room for a white guy voicing a cartoon crow.

If the name really bothers people so much, then just change it to "The Boss" or something and tell the audience they're magpies instead of crows.

But I be done seen about everything
When I see a bitchy, black, dismembered unicorn head fly!

Pony Head more sounds latino to me.

I'm sure this has already been said but Princess Ponyhead isn't really a racist caricature at least no more than caricaures like British dandies, Folksy Swedes, or Marco's Dad.
She's spoiled White/Jewish Trash. Her actress has been playing that character for a good while.

>think pieces
that implies thinking went into them

she has a mouth you know.

You're not supposed to provide obvious answers to questions like this. You're supposed to stew in mentally numb indignation that someone is willing to acknowledge stereotyping as a thing that happens.

and don't treat the bible all that well anymore

Well, your genius reply is enough to show why you don't like this show.

Black crow, jim crow. Something like that. Those crows were absolutely charming, though. I liked them a lot as a kid.

You know, I wonder if they are getting the Dumbo crows and the crows from Fritz the Cat confused with each other. Fritz's crows are absolute racist stereotypes.

>Jim and friends get the best song in the movie, and are all around cool guys. They're not slaves of any kind, they have depth of character, and they're instrumental in getting Dumbo airborne.

I've been saying this for years.

I don't even think a 7 year old, watching dumbo for the first time, today, would even think they were 1 - black stereotypes 2 - bad people

They all but save the day.

Knock yourself out.