Craig of the Creek

Cartoon Network has uploaded a trailer for the series on their YouTube channel. Its all just footage from the pilot though.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8SpNwDpvoU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2v2be4665A)
youtu.be/bjqmhHqWSu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seems kinda boring.

Why is that 12 year old boy playing with his mom's purse?

Kid in the Middle looks like an off brand Steven Universe

Seems alright. Like Harvey Beaks meets Clarence meets Adventure Time.

Has this been greenlit ?

What was the point of this trailer if all it shows is footage from the pilot? CN’s marketing people could’ve instead spent their time more wisely by releasing a teaser for Summer Camp Island or Apple & Onion, two shows that have been in production longer than Craig of the Creek.

because matt is a faggot

A&O already have their pilot though. Also this pilot summed up the series' premise nicely.

yes, its officially premiering sometime in 2018.

Referring to SCI and A&O, I meant CN could tease footage from each respective SHOW. There's obviously nothing more to share from the pilots. If the marketing department wanted to start advertising their upcoming 2018 series, it'd make sense to start with the shows that would be premiering first; not CotC.

And even if it's still too early to show anything from these three shows, I'm still wondering if the official YouTube channel will ever upload those OK K.O.! How-to-Draw bumpers (similar to youtube.com/watch?v=F2v2be4665A) that aired back when that show was still airing new episodes on TV. There were at least four of these showing John Pham and Julia Srednicki drawing KO, Enid, Rad, and Dendy. I haven't seen these shared online by anyone else, so it's likely that not many people even know these behind the scenes featurettes exist.

Right now they seemed to be focusing all of their efforts on the Unikitty show. Just look at their schedule for New Years Day.

This is what happens when you try to do Ghibli without the talent of Ghibli.

As an old fucking curmudgeon, i'll say this looks alright. Characters look like the generic homogenized modern cartoon archtypes, and the artstyle is bauhaus/tumblr/calarts again, but i'm a sucker for "kids imagination" shows, so if it keeps to that i'm OK.

Feels like Clarence minus the weirdness to me.

see also: Steven Universe

I wonder

I used my moms old purse to collect snakes in

Why the fuck are cartoons so afraid of making jokes these days? They constantly seem to replace the "humour" with just awkward mumbling and any time the potential for humour is there they just kind awkwardly tip-toe around it.
Have the same problem with SU, there's potential for comedy gold there but they just don't use it, the worst is when something happens where almost fucking any reaction could get a laugh and they somehow manage to find a way to not make it funny by having someone make a long speech on friendship.

literally ed Edd n Eddy except made in 2018. This is not a good thing.

literally every tribe of the creek sans Craig's has a theme. why can they dress up like the others?

source or delete this

Ya'll are nasty

Wow, it still looks like fucking nothing.

I absolutely despise shota, but in general: have the source ready if you're going to post cropped lewds.

Still hate that art style.

Did she ever find one and what species were they?

Makes me think of EEnE meets Recess. Cute.

I was hoping for IT to came out

>CN will no longer have TV-PG shows after AT, SU, and Clarence

>TV-Y7 cartoons in this day and age won't allow nudity, even for comedic purposes

>no nude KO, Oscar, or Craig

Just kill me now

twitter.com/JD_Shota

>Why the fuck are cartoons so afraid of making jokes these days?

Because many jokes come at the expense of someone else. The show and the demographic that make/watch them want to be inclusive as possible and the only way they can be humorous in their own groups is by being 'silly'. The other kinds of jokes with wordplay are too advanced for the writers as well.

This show would be good if the little boy actually acted like a little boy.
Also that's literally Ed on the right

How does he not act like a boy?
The purse is one thing, but it seems like they tried to write it as a quirk and everyone is focusing on it

This modern era is feels like the slow death of comedy and it saddens me.

Nah I kept them outside, they were just garter snakes

Feels like it could be one of those "OH LOOK AT ME I'M QUIRKY HA HA" type of shows. Maybe it's just the editing.

Nah, you nailed it, the characters don't really have personalities, they just have quirks, which shitter writers still fail to realize aren't the same thing

>it seems like they tried to write it as a quirk and everyone is focusing on it
Well, my reasoning is that since it's the pilot, it's more important than "a quirk". It just feels off to me because it seems like Craig is playing with his imagination, except he still calls it a "purse" which is pretty mundane and seems forced. I hope having him interact with feminine things so up-front won't be a recurring character trait of his. I liked how he used it as a helmet in that one scene even if it was for a gag, but I just don't want him to end up as a black Steven.

>but I just don't want him to end up as a black Steven
Nigga, they outright ended the episode with the kid giving a big speech which immediately resolved all the conflict, he's already black Steven

Found the leaked episode. let's judge for ourselves.
youtu.be/bjqmhHqWSu8

Yeah, you were right. Good concept, and with some better writers we could have something though. But it also seems WAY to much like Clarence and Steven Universe.

No it's just KND minus all the world building and energy

BORING
BORING
BORING
BORING
BORING
BORING

Couldn’t even make it through the trailer. I’ve seen this shit before. Yawn

Perfectly describes it. Forget what I said.

>this art-style, a-fucking-gain

more like Tabes of the Week

I fucking hate this generic, uninspiring design plaguing these shitty cartoons

Why is imagination dead? Why does every art style look the same now?

This is actually quite an apt description.

>spent their time more wisely by releasing a teaser for Summer Camp Island
>Anything involving summer camp island
>Implying any time put into is, was, or would be spent wisely.
Summer Camp Island is an abomination

Capitalism.

But user it's comfy

So’s my couch, that doesn’t mean I want spend at least fifteen minuets watching it.

Is that the word people here use to make boring shit seem enjoyable?

Pretty much