Do non-Americans 'get' King of the Hill?

Do non-Americans 'get' King of the Hill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GSMGl9P1D8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sometimes other Americans don't get it.
It's so much more relatable to you when you're a Texan, Hank is a dead on portrayal of a certain kind of dad you find around here once in a while.

what is there to get?

I'm not sure if the later seasons of King of the Hill aired anywhere outside the USA and Canada

I'm Canadian and I loved it
But it's not really popular here, friend's don't appreciate the humor and I've even met someone who got triggered over the Canadian-neighbours episode

youtube.com/watch?v=2GSMGl9P1D8

Britfag. Get it and love most of it. With full understanding that it's based in Texas and their culture and not our my own namby "guns 'r' bad" culture.

>Boomhaurer talks like the others
What is this shit?

I wonder if Boomhauer in Japanese is similar gibberish you have to listen too several times to understand.

For some reason Japan "gets" a lot of American humor. I think they're the only east asian country that likes South Park too

In LATAM they adapted the hell out of that show:
>Hank Hill = Héctor Reyes
>Dale Gribble = Diego Gómez
>Bill Dauterive = Blas Davalos
>Boomhauer = Benavides
>Bobby = Beto
>John Redcorn = Sancho Mazorca

>someone who got triggered over the Canadian-neighbours episode
it did suck that the cock suckers were pretty much only referred to as "The Canadians"

small town country guy here, and most of the show reflects well

as mexican i love it and i take it as a reference to understand the American behavior. Also Hank is such a wise american character.

yep. and i live in the philippines

well when you look at KotH, south park and the simpsons and compare them to stuff like Crayon Shin-chan and even Chibi Maruko Chan...

it just kind of shows that all these shows with a family-centric theme have a strong resonance with people, but it's definitely more in japan thanks to them becoming such a interesting blend of the west and their own thing.

Only fujos in Japan like South Park.

They make fun of gunfags all the time in the show.

In Mejico. Take responsability.

Sure, but they don't go out of the way to show guns as an evil satanic menace that cause all the world's problems. Remember when Bobby was part of a speed shooting competition, that was only shown as a good thing, along with Hank's responsible attitude of "let's see if you still like guns after we take away all the excitement with this safety course."

>Redcorn gets renamed Sancho
I really really really hope you aren't lying that is beautiful

Why not give them their real names?

it isnt too hard to understand
even if some of the jokes are obscure for non americans most of the humor can still be understood by everyone

Yeah it'd be totally out of character for hank to be a stereotype of a reckless 'gun nut' as he's never done anything reckless ever.

I guess I'm lucky - I'm from Western Pennsylvania, and he feels like an idealized version of my dad.

>But it's not really popular here, friend's don't appreciate the humor and I've even met someone who got triggered over the Canadian-neighbours episode
The whole joke of that episode is that Americans, and everyone, knows Canadians as super-polite, so them being passive-aggressive as fuck was hilarious.