Can Disney cast him as Reed? I know they may want to distance themselves from anything Fox did...

Can Disney cast him as Reed? I know they may want to distance themselves from anything Fox did, but he’s so damn perfect for the role and he’s younger than half of the Avengers actors, so it’s not like he’s too old.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zTvILGEgIEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chiklis said he wants to come back as Ben. I wouldn’t be opposed to that as he was also great, but he may be too old. Johnny has to have a new actor (for obvious reasons) though and Sue should as well as Alba was the only one who wasn’t 10/10 perfectly cast of the Four.

I want to say he might be too old as well, especially given how he's aged as of Gotham days but that's a non-issue when you consider how he'll be underneath all that make up and such anyway.

>underneath all that make up
Thing would be CGI, and he'd have CGI shorts.

Thing doesn’t need to be CGI. In the comics, he doesn’t get any taller. He’s supposed to be shorter than Reed and Johnny too IIRC.

He's supposed to be as wide as the Hulk tho.
And with the quality of CGI they've used with the Hulk, no one has to waddle around in 80lbs of Thing suit after half a day in makeup.

Because that worked so well last time... Give me Chiklis in makeup and a costume anyway.

The 2005 FF movie is highly underrated. It was fun and highly rewatching. Give me that over Batman Begins any day.

>underrated
STOP USING THIS WORD TO MEAN "THING I LIKE"

No, lets not try and make continuity any more confusing than it needs to be

>Because that worked so well last time
You can't take the visual effects of a movie that produced Doomachev seriously user.

Is continuity still confusing, even my retarded dad is starting to catch on that arrow isn't in the mcu.

It's confusing if you're stupid.

Chiklis fought to have The Thing be a costume instead if CG.

I dunno can you fuck off back to Sup Forums?

Which was a good idea back in 2004 when he was making that argument, but things have improved in the past 14 years.

The ideal actor for Reed is already with marvel

he could do it actually.
I mean he is all cgi and voice for his other roll.

He’s not the Reed type. I could’ve seen him as Star-Lord though.

Yeah... No. Definitely not.

They could, they recast Banner but kept Ross, and Rhodes of course.
There should be enough of a time-span that most audience members won't be bothered, I mean fuck Johnny is Captain America. And Cable is Thanos.

is that the guy who played Black Bolt?

JON HAMM

/thread

Get Charlize Theron on Sue and you got a fucking amazing cast from those 2 alone.

I personally would love to see Chris Evans play both the human torch and captain america at the same time in the same movie. It would be great.

How's school going Peter? Don't let Johnny drag you into trouble.

Brolin being both characters isn’t such a big deal because the CGI renders him pretty much unrecognizable. He looks more like a Bruce Willis/Rick Harrison hodgepodge than Josh Brolin.

I’d be for it.

jon hamm is a terrible reed and i hate meme casting like that

an actor like tom hanks is who you need for reed. hell just get him and use the magical de-aging thing

Hamm would've made a good Cable or Iron Man maybe. You need a nice guy for Reed.

Just cast idris elba

exactly. reed needs to be a father figure and warm. hamm is too cool for that

>reed
>nice guy
Spot the casual

The only character Elba should be playing is Surtr because Surtr means black, because he is evil.

i see him playing Franklin Richards more than anything desu

But have they really? What can they do to keep

from happening again?

FUCK I want it now.

Nice casting user.

Disney wouldn't fuck up that bad

Simon Templeman!? He's got an amazing voice. I will always want a LoK sequel, even with Elder God dead. Elizabeth Banks not big titty enough tho.

I'd gladly give Ioan another shot at Reed. Especially now that he's a good age for it and we don't have have a "cosmic rays gave you graying temples" scene.

>hears it in his voice

Give me this right fucking now god dammit.

Is there a law in Wales that all names must have at least one unnecessary letter? Because I'm pretty sure you pronounce that "Ian"

If he were English he would be "John Griffith"

>Just cast idris elba
That'd Terrific not Fantastic

Not to invite company wars but Hamm's too square-jawed, more of a Batman/Superman type

Gruffudd and Teller have narrower profiles that lend themselves to Reed better

I’d prefer Chiklis if possible, but that guy looks more like comics Ben before he transformed. So, good job. Though I thought Alice Eve is supposed to be in th new season of Iron Fist.

and Devito as Doom.

pretty much, that'd be pronounced "yo-wan" here (Welsh)

Ioan would be my first pick, but I think Hamm could really bring the broken depth to Reed's character as he reacts to what his actions have brought upon them.

Still, hands down Ioan and Chiklas getting second shots
>Dat Sue
Fuck. Yes.

I think Hamm said he wouldn’t agree to to any superhero role unless it was Batman. He’d be fine as Reed, but Ioan is perfect.

>no one has to waddle around in 80lbs of Thing suit after half a day in makeup.

The thing is, Chiklis actually really enjoyed being in the makeup.

Exxxtreme Thing was a mistake.

>Not to invite company wars but Hamm's too square-jawed

Nigga what? Reed was a oldstyle Science Hero, and one created by Jack Kirby. He always had a square jaw.

>Not Devito as HERBiE

You disappoint, user.

Nah it's Yo-wan.

Actually they can, assuming the sale goes through and includes the entire FOX back-catalog of movies. What sometimes happens however (even though it's not intended in this case) is that big companies are split up, with the rights to make and distribute new productions (which Disney would obviously want for Marvel, but also for the holdover rights on the first Star Wars movie) going one way, and the library going another.

If that happens, then the answer will be not without a special deal, but at this stage it's down to the regulator.

Regarding age tho you should bear in mind he's going to be a couple of years older before production of a Marvel Studios FF movie could even begin. Sale, then consideration of assets, then movie/tv show if there's any call for it based on survey responses and Q scores.

And Charlie Day as Dayman.

Zac Efron for Johnny
Alice Eve for Sue
Adrien Brody for Reed

Can't think of a good Ben

>Adrien Brody

2007 called, they want their promising actors who never amount to much back

It's more like Ewan. People say it's something to do with yew trees, but it's probably just another regional variant of John.

Confirmed Yowan Griffith:

youtu.be/zTvILGEgIEE

Charlie Hunham would be a much better future Franklin.

Who’s the guy on the right?

This version of the Thing would have looked fine if they'd just given him fucking pants.

Why doesn't he have pants, man.

What was the thought process here.

Naw. He still looks ridiculous. The way the rocks stick out is more reminiscent of the time he got weirdly mutated. Plus he’s not supposed to be giant. He’s doesn’t get any taller with his initial transformation.

I know Chiklis’ Thing costume gets a lot of hate, but I think it can be fixed if they just do two things. 1) Add the brow ridge. 2) Make the legs and waist look bigger. It stuck out and was obvious that he wasn’t wearing any prosthetics or anything under his pants and it looked weird because the top half of his body was much wider than the lower half.

I liked him as that immortal guy in that TV show.

Forever? I haven’t seen it. Is it good?

Reed is more interesting as a slightly sinister twist on the 50s dad than he is as an unambiguous hero.

Reed would’ve been so much better in the mentor role for Homecoming.

Jessica Alba is hot as fuck, but she was definitely miscast as Sue

Is that Alice Eve as Sue?

If Brolin is going to give us both Thanos and Cable in Marvel Disneyverse, why can't Mads Mikkelsen return to be Doctor Doom, then?

To be fair, that was more general Kirby style than a specific Richards characteristic

Speaking of Brolin, I'm anticipating the Thanos joke in Deadpool 2

Yes

I cannot see him doing the autism Reed is famous for, sorry.