Infinite Crisis (cancelled moba) - Artwork

I found a dump of high res images featuring a lot of DC comics characters (and some non prime earth "OC") from that game, thought others would like to take a look (there's some pretty good stuff in there, good for making avatars and shit):

infinitecrisis.gamepedia.com/Category:Champion_images

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehkJLCTaLj4
youtube.com/watch?v=KdHADpeCUe8
infinitecrisis.gamepedia.com/Mecha_Superman
infinitecrisis.gamepedia.com/Mecha_Wonder_Woman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Awesome, thanks OP.
Atomic Wonder Woman was my favorite character in any MOBA. Pretty sad this game died. It had some good ideeas that should be copied.

i wasn't the biggest fan of the game but it did have some cool ideas. The artwork for the skins was pretty nice, i'm glad that someone decided to keep a stash of them.

Well, Sup Forums?

I liked the Robot Superman and Fallout Wonder Woman

It's a shame this died so young. Had a good tie-in comic too.

Subtle Sinestro back there

To be fair, there was nothing going on in the game. They threw credits at you to the point you would never need to pay for heroes which means there was no way to make money

plus there just was no more room for new mobas. its a shame really, because they had managed to make the game look and feel great with the last bunch of visual and gameplay updates, but even then it still felt like there was something missing

A good boy

>that Dex-Starr

>Dexxtar's face

one for the feet fetishits

Something about these pics I adore. They all feel like they could be Elseworlds on their own and the fact they didn't just wank the Batfam for skins really makes it feel good for the "multiverse" aspect, if that makes sense.

Seriously, what gorgeous art.

Krypto is playing healer, you know.

Look great, maybe, but feel great it never really did

Aphrodite a Star Sapphire?

Yes or No?

Shame that it tanked, super heroes would be perfect for this kind of game. Sadly it turns out you actually have to design a good game to compete with the glut. Same thing happened to the LOTR Moba, and the 40k Moba died before it could even release

MOBAs are almost as much a meme genre as MMOs anyway.

i dunno, that one update that increased the responsiveness of everything made the game feel pretty good. youtube.com/watch?v=ehkJLCTaLj4

looking at their old youtube channel i found stuff like this, i forgot they had pulled VAs from the justice league animated series. youtube.com/watch?v=KdHADpeCUe8

My personal favorite were the mecha universe characters, an earth with supervillains but no superheroes, so the people created their own. I wish the game had lasted a bit longer so they'd have added Mecha Robin and Mecha Flash

infinitecrisis.gamepedia.com/Mecha_Superman

infinitecrisis.gamepedia.com/Mecha_Wonder_Woman

>YWN be Billy during a Con

a happy Tim Drake, a rarity in this time and age

MechaWW with a group full of woman engineers sounds qt

his left paw has cheetoh dust

*sun bones

and an edgy vampire Damian Wayne, because Damian deserves bad things happening to him

Do the skins change the character's abilities?

Jaime Reyes needs to show up in more stuff

They sometimes changed the look (I'm almost sure the first date Doomsday caused petals to show up on his slam attack, but i can't remember), but they didn't change the gameplay.

>Sup Forums on the right checking out pams ass

No, just appearance and sometimes graphics

A wastelander wonder woman rebuilding a post nuclear apocalypse world by beating people up with a chainsaw

Makes sense for Wondy

A british gentleman batman that fights crime with steam powered guns that shoot sonic waves.

I'd prefer actual Gaslight Batman rather than some cogfop re-invention.

gaslight batman was literally a more brutish version of the regular batman tho

and speaking of brutes: a fat plague bearing butcher joker who literally coats his cleave with his own infected blood

Isnt that redundant?

Gods damn

was ame-comi a thing in Sup Forums?

Some characters had different abilities, like Green Lantern vs Atomic Green Lantern vs Fantasy Green Lantern.

Fuck, i loved that game, swamp thing was fun to play, and they nearly added Constantine.

I miss it so much.

There were different characters with their own abilities like Mecha supes, Nightmare supes and i cant remeber if there was classic supes.

Doomsday was the best bruiser, Atomic Poison Ivy was the best support, and Flash was the best striker. I can't remember the other archetypes.

Oh god, i forgot about Star girl, she was also great and that skin was top cute

Did these characters exist before Infinite Crisis? I know Gaslight Batman did but he's different from the books apparently.

still is

some existed in different forms. arcane world was a take on the superman batman sorcerer kings arc

Thanks

Heroes of the storm exist, and I unlocked more then half the cast while not spending any money on it.

There was a LOTR moba?

>Get into the closed Alpha.
>Immediately love this game.
>Never played a MOBA before, but love it.
>Spend all my free time playing the game.
>Spend money on absolutely everything.
>This game is love, this game is life.
>Even though I was terrible when I started, I ended up being a Top 50 NA player.
>Then they launch the game; people mad jelly about all the exclusive shit I've received over the year, like Samurai Gaslight Joker, Con Shazam, Arkham White Batman, Gold Superman, etc.
>A month or so later, they announce they are closing the game.
>Know it's because the developers were retarded, but help campaign to save it.
>It is not saved and the servers are shut down.
>No one has reverse engineered a server to play again.
>Every day that passes, I just yearn to play it again.
>Even have dreams about playing it and all the characters that were coming, like Deathstroke, Raven, Red Hood, Constantine, etc.
>Would give almost anything to play this game again.

It was fun, mained Starro/Atrocitus/Harley and bought the hero pack on Steam; they even refunded me when it was pulled from the store. I miss it so.

some came from the comics while the rest were "inspired" by them (meaning they were pretty much OCs by the people developing the game)

let me guess, you got that limited time bundle that blizzard gave that unlocked almost all the characters of 1 role for free (a secret apology/bribe/distraction from the fact the 2.0 update made grinding even worse. it currently takes you 2-3 years of non stop playing and grinding to get every character currently in the game, and obviously there will be more characters by then so the grind is literally impossible without spending money) but this is a comics section, not a videogames sections so ill stop myself here

I was looking forward to more arcane characters, but there will never be any more beyond paladin hal jordan and fire mage supergirl

There was a lot to look forward to and honestly, if IC would have pushed on, I could have seen it becoming a nice amalgamation of LoL and HoTS with their own flair tossed in. I'd give anything to be Green Arrow again, listening to the Arrow OST for Season 2, building that Joe Chill and V9 Implant. Or to pop Superman's Ult one more time and just fly straight into a battle and starting mobbing people.

It also had the best MOBA tutorial of the games I played. It spelled out what not to do by watching Hal constantly fucking up and Batman being right.

>blizzard gave that unlocked almost all the characters of 1 role for free
Close, i got the mixed bundle and a lot of heroes in loot chests. I did of course by a bunch of heroes with gold I grind up.

its the same shit. both veterans that missed the bundle and new players (but specially new players) simply Can't get all characters. They can't even get a good number of every role. It's quite possibly one of the worst systems in a f2p moba, only arguibly better than LoL's current essence system (they merged their free currency with a crafting currency that you only get by leveling up your account. you literally have to grind whole levels to get 1 character now.)

having troy baker teach you how to play a moba was pretty surreal too

A superman that tried and failed to stop aethyr from turning metropolis into a literal ghost town, which caused him to go mad

I regret not using the key I was given.

the game even had a promo skin for a CW show (and the skin was planned to be voiced by the actor, but believe the guy declined for unknown reasons)

but user, the game was free to play, went into open beta and even released (only to shut down like a month later) for a year or more after keys stopped being a thing

How is DCUO still getting content but this got cancelled in a month?

>Mexican Level
>Candy Skull music starts playing

Dios Mio!

warner happened.

fuck man, I know a similar feel.

I still think about it from time to time, but I try to focus on the good times I had.

I hope you're talking about City of Heroes, because that is the game I wish would come back.

He's right-ish, one of the flavors on the side of the box is Cheese.

I had completely forgotten this existed. I remember there was a stream of it once playing at the game bar in town and I kinda laughed at it with some of the other patrons.

Reminder that there was also an LOTR MOBA that went no where.

I was retarded in not giving this game a chance

I really just can't move on from this game, sadly. Perhaps it's all the potential that was there and then pissed away, but ultimately, I just yearn for it like nothing I've ever experienced; HoTS comes close. I wish HoTS had graphical mods, though, because a DC skin would really work in that game.

>tfw "Oh Harley, you're better than rain in a drown"

i know that game, but no im talking about PTCGO, pokemon trading card game online.
I got banned from some stupid tomfoolery on my part and I would do anything to go back.
I spend so long and many hours playing and trading, farming public trades to get all the Full Art cards, secret rare gold cards, I had hundreds of EX cards and hundreds of packs, but never really considered creating a back up account. After I got banned, i didn't even bother starting again from scratch, it would take many months to get back to where I was, and thats playing as an experienced player.
That was a couple years ago, and I feel like the meta has changed way too much and my favourite deck build has probably long since been made obsolete. But fuck me, I would give anything to go back

But you have the opportunity to go back and play it. Unless someone still has the game installed with the know how to reverse engineer the server side of things, we'll never have the chance to play it again. I wish I still had it installed (deleted the standalone version for the Steam version when it launched, but then had a HD failure, so lost it since Steam won't let you re-download pulled games).

user, you can click on the images to get a bigger version of them

>Steam won't let you re-download pulled games
I'm downloading it right now.

what's with all the chromatic aberration

I will never understand the argument of time to unlock all characters in a moba

Who the fuck needs 50+ character's in there character pool

I wonder why. Amell did the voice for the Arrow skin in Injustice.

Krypto is dog-spreading.

Any chance you could rip them and zip em?

I love the art for this game that died long before I even heard of it. eSports Krypto, motherfuckers! eSports Krypto!

Is Cokeslut Courtney's drummer there meant to be like, Raven?

There waas apparently a comic book tie in to this, but I think the only 'fun' designs they used were the robot ones.

Donna(?) has nice legs.

One thing I really liked in this over Morrison's multiverse was that the Vampire Universe wasn't just a vampire universe- Superman got trapped in the Phantom Zone and turned into a eldritch monstrosity.

What's that thing stuck to his hand?

I love SoCal Hal so much

A portal to the Phantom Zone, because he's mad spoopy.

Depends on what kind of moba you are. League of legends might as well remove every old character of a similar type and replace them with their new powercreep version. Dota on the other hand tries to keep every champion relevant and has a bunch of unique character strategies when you mix and match.

Because you've gotta have a "fat demon butcher" archetype in a MOBA.

the sunglasses really make this one

Some kind of deal with Sony?

he wore sandals with socks too

you could just click the link on the op and then save any of the images you like.

Some people just like to have acess to more gameplay variety.

Also games like league are huge and super popular while games like hots are maintained by "small indie developer" activision blizzard", meaning they already have a lot of money and will continue to produce more. There is 0 reasons to keep on screwing the playerbase outside of unwarranted greed. That's a tad offputting imo, makes it hard to support them.

>It's high noon.

I really wish they would make one shot comics with some of the OCs they developed. Some of the skins had a lot of potential, like mecha skin line.