Raven on the Justice League

I'm reading this just now when a thought occurs to me. Why not put Raven on the Justice League? She's really powerful, and the Justice League currently doesn't have a magic character. They always need another woman on the team because Wondy is the only staple character who is always there on the League. And you know the only, the ONLY reason Cyborg is there because they wanted a black guy on the League. Plus Raven can't stay in the Teen Titans forever if she's no longer a TEENager, so once she becomes a twenty-something year old lady why wouldn't she graduate up? I think it would work best however only if she finally defeated her father once and for all and was able to put that emotional drama behind her, show her moving forward in life with confidence and pride and she'd be a great Justice Leaguer.

I will unashamably give myself one bump before I declare this idea a failure.

Let's talk history. Raven, Starfire and Cyborg were created for the New Teen Titans series (DC's counterpart to the X-Men). The characters in this series all had parental figures they wanted to distance them selves from. Cyborg's dad turned him into machine, Starfire's sister sold her into slavery, and Raven's dad is Trigun.

These characters were meant to reject adult authority, a theme that continues in Teen Titans Vol3 and in the cartoon. Put simply, her character is supposed to be an angsty teenager, she really can't grow up without becoming someone else.

The fact is DC and Marvel hate aging their characters because its hard to go back from that. In fact when raven did become a 20 something in Vol3, DC de-aged her to highschool age. Since the new52 she has aged in reverse, from a 20 year old to a 15 year old. Raven, just won't grow up.

Lastly, Cyborg never made sense as a leaguer and is a token character because he is the most recognized black character in the DC universe.

I think the bigger takeaway from this issue is the idea of Vic being a trainer/coach for younger heroes who have a chance to one day join the Justice League

>most recognized black character in the DC universe not tied to Milestone or gets in the spotlight of Johns Husbando
ftfy

I think her and Cyborg make a good couple. Cyborg is all about staying human and Raven needs someone to keep her humanity and emotions in check.

Well, yeah, i thought that was implied.

Cyborg is an A-Lister now he doesn't need to slum with the common rabble.

Raven should join the doom patrol

now that I think about it, she actually fits in perfectly
>father is an incomprehensible horror from another dimension
>gets most of her friends hurt/killed
>is still despite all this just an angsty teenager

>and Raven's dad is Trigun.
Always knew Vash would be a shitty father

Because she's an emo edge lord and only evil things should happen to her

i want cyborg and shazam team up, as science and magic, but this is ok too

source

I miss them being together. Billy was easily the best thing about Johns' run other than Sex Luthor.

>Guys and girls can't be just friends who occasionally platonically hug
No.

Raven, Dick, Kori, and Gar really should have graduated by now along with Vic. Even if it is redundant to have them on the Justice League -- not that redundancy has ever stopped writers before, remember Claw Squad? -- they shouldn't be TEEN Titans anymore.

The man can barely take care of himself and inadvertently gets every town he visits destroyed just by being there. Why would anyone trust him with a child?

>Why not put Raven on the Justice League?
Because that's a terrible idea. The justice league is a place that just doesn't suit Raven as she's not a premier superhero but just a girl dealing with her heritage.

DC has a real have your cake and eat it too mentality with the teen titans. Teen titans is iconic but they need a new young superhero team too.

I still think it's only right that she be on the Justice League Dark.

Although I think the name Justice League Dark is cancer. Call it Shadowpact or something.

Naw mate, Doom Patrol

Demon Knights

Does Doom Patrol really do supernatural occult or do they only do chaos magicky surrealism reality warping?

Sentinels of Magic.

I heard Baron Winters is going to be in the next Wolfman mini, how was the last one? Was it better than HER OWN EMO SERIES?

The latter

There is no difference, just window dressing

The thing about Raven and the titans is that they're more than just a team, they're friends.

Super-Friends?

And she can have other friends. Robin has the batfamily, Gar has the Doom Patrol. There's a nice world of DC magic that she could be part of, and instead we get Poison Ivy in the Green and Killer Frost of the Endless.

>Gar has the Doom Patrol
If only...

It's a visual medium, brah. Aesthetics play a part. It'd be pretty weird if there had been Hellblazer-style trippy horror magic in the middle of Harry Potter.

Yes she's so close to nu Wally and Blaqualad

>It'd be pretty fucking awesome if there had been Hellblazer-style trippy horror magic in the middle of Harry Potter.

Well what I mean is the NTT just wouldn't be without Raven.

The Doom Patrol is a family
Raven can marry in

Gar has nothing right now and gets bashed by fans for calling out Damian's bullshit.

The Titans should be a big brother/big sister mentorship program for young superheroes. Titans operate kinda like the Justice League except they're actively seeking out and giving shelter to kids who came from situations like Raven or Starfire where they really just needed a home and some people to go to bat for them. They get to slowly build out a new generation of kid heroes and the classic Titans get a steady stream of new villains to face and a stable mission statement.

Raven doesn't need to be on any teams, she just needs Starfire and Lupacchino.

>Killer Frost of the Endless.

What?

I agree.

Destiny is talking to and calling killer frost sister in JLa so people think she might be a new endless or the heat death aspect of death

Raven has mindraped like half the Titans and tried to literally rape Dick

Friends don't do that

Because Raven fucking sucks you dumb waifufag.

She had one good story 3 decades ago and has been rehashing it ever since.

Then the fans are stupid cunts.

I'd love a series where Raven becomes the apprentice of Zatanna.

Raven should be on the Titans. Keep the Teen Titans for new teenage heroes, then they graduate to either the Titans or Justice League when they age out.

That way you can still keep the New Teen Titans group together for marketing reasons without it being weird.

Lmao what's even the point of having separate teams? Just put everyone on the Justice League (lead by Batman of course). What's the point of Teen Titans, JLA, JLI, the Green Lantern Core, Doom Patrol, Squadron Supreme, or the JSA anyway.

This is why The Avengers are an absolute shitshow now.

I always felt that Kid Devil should have been Raven's apprentice.

I take it you haven't read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

>Friends don't do that
Family does.

>tried to literally rape Dick
No she didn't, she figuratively tried to rape him as it was all just a dream.

I always felt like Kid devil should be a /TG/ superhero.
>ask the devil for superpowers
>he turns you into a succubus and you crave dick.