Well, 2018 is upon us, lets talk about loinclothshit

I like Jungle Lords, but Barbarians are my favorite

only seen a couple, but outside of conan and one or two others i havent seen anything thats actually worth reading, but im looking for some pseudo-fantasy stuff or even straight fantasy

Classic Ka-Zar was pretty good

her pussy getting wet

Barry Windsor Smith is underrated.

I want to create a barbarian comic. To bad I suck at art though.

Whatever happened to him, it's like he fell off the radar.

He didn't even get a Paradoxman book from Fantagraphics out.

what would the plot be?

Why does bruce timm draw such sexy women?

Not that user, but I had a recent idea.
>I like apes and babes, so I was thinking a tribe of barbarians attacks a band of gorillas, one barbarian woman kills an entire family of gorillas, save the mother,
Who in her race attacks and kills the barbarian woman, but is also mortally wounded.
Flash forward to a Dr. Zaius style ape doctor removing her head and hands surgically replacing them into the dead barbarian woman.
Now She-Rilla with the body of a sultry barbarian, and the head and hands of a mighty gorilla mother will lay siege to the humans, and protect all other ape children.

that is fucking gross

Speaking of Barbarians, somebody should storytime this.

Sheesh. Cronenberg does it and he’s a visionary

I was thinking about a future with a sorta 50's style setting. Main character is a orc and it'll be a monthly adventure about him traveling around the galaxy to learn lore from different species and writing songs about them and his adventures. He is a bard and barbarian. He also recruit friends to play songs with him too.

Can someone explain the appeal for stuff like this?

yes but no

In Cronenberg's films, flesh is the medium between reality and the self. Or the true substance of both, depending on how you look at it. Weird shit happens in his movies because the world and the mind are not distinct from the body. Anything can become twisted because there's no true distinction between a character's thoughts, his body and his environment, it's all the same thing, and symbolic connexions are real, everything has power upon everything else. Magic works because flesh can feel and think and act. That's what Cronenberg's movies are about and that's why they're surreal and psychological and gory.

I'm not finding any of that in your idea.

I'm still mad at the Conan movie for being so shit, I wanted a new wave of barbarian media. I had hopes for Rodriguez' Fire & Ice, but after Alita's trailer I lost all hope of him being associated with a decent adaptation.

Beautiful landscapes, lots of violence, muscular dudes and fit babes, cool monsters, spooky magic, civilization's bullshit laid bare and triumphed upon by individual qualities.

Basically like super hero stuff but without all the futuristic technology worship and without the moralistic melodrama.

>orcs not being evil
that's kinda gay

if I made a story about an orc I'd make him cruel and unapologetically evil as fuck. Isn't that the whole point of picking orcs over other races?

I thought if I make him evil it'll be a stereotype like how all robots or androids are evil and stuff. I still have evil orcs for sure, evil orcs are best enemies. Just thinking about what'll be interesting.

An evil protagonist is rare enough to be interesting. Especially if it's played 100% straight.

Cause honestly, if you don't make him evil, either you end up with a regular barbarian, which is kind of a cliché, or with "oh I'm a good guy in an otherwise evil race and I'm conflicted about that and my heritage and who am I and what should I do and blah blah blah" which is a MASSIVE cliché, the only subversive aspect being that characters like that usually tend to be prettyboys rather than ugly barbarians.

Haven't thought about it that way

Conan as a franchise is in a pretty sad state right now outside of the comics. Shit movie, shit games.

S&S thread? SSOC is the best. Conan and Wondy's book sucks so far. ok art though,not great just ok.

>I had hopes for Rodriguez' Fire & Ice,
Why?

Kinda seems like ya should, yeah

I always wanted a Conan kind of comic but with more sex and nudity. We always see him briefly with women but where's that GoT gratuitous sex scene?

Why aren't you guys reading Grognak? They have a new writer and the story is starting to get good.

I like the original and it's not like it has a deep plot for him to mess up.

Because right now i am collecting Silver Shroud comics and i am planning to buy the pic releated but the jew that owns it demands a lot of money