AFFLECKVERSE

Affleck is going to be DC films new boss

[ upyourgeek.com/2018/01/01/rumor-affleck-to-become-new-dc-films-boss/ ]

What ye think of that, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs
youtu.be/m9RY3SHyTjE
slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-tells-darth-vader-that-return-of-the-jedi-hasnt-made-a-profit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

huh DC movie wont be super fucking depressing or have Jesus allegory anymore
cool

It can't be any worse than right now, so sure

He's probably already walked. They didn't get funding for a solo Batman last year and the next opportunity isn't for months. His performances have been fine but the character has been ridiculous and the movies have been terrible, he's not happy on or off set, and while he's not getting poorer doing it it's also true that he's never going to get a shot at being Batman any other way.

Hanging on would be like... it would be like expecting to see George Clooney come back to the role. It's pathetic. The guy knows when he's beat.

So he probably already left, given that he's three movies in and most likely at the option/walk stage again.

The only real question is will they recast or just admit defeat. It's not like the Snyders have much stake in it now other than as a source of income.

I’m okay with it.

Does this mean he isn’t retiring from Batman.

Doesn't matter, we're too far gone at this point. Please just let it end, and maybe start over from scratch in a decade

Poorer isn't the question. Does RDJ really NEED to make another Marvel movie? It's pretty clear since it's what he does with his free time, that he enjoys the type of independent movies that he's been doing since he reputation tanked and he wasn't considered for mainstream, studio films for insurance and other reasons (which certainly has changed).

But no one is going to turn down money. I personally think the rumor is bogus, Terrio was his man and some of the blame for BvS and JL is being laid on his (Terrio's) head and I doubt they's put Affleck in a position where he could make more such mistakes/choices.

I also think it's bogus because it's way more headaches and no amount of cash is going to make up for that.

>Does RDJ really NEED to make another Marvel movie? It's pretty clear since it's what he does with his free time, that he enjoys the type of independent movies that he's been doing since he reputation tanked and he wasn't considered for mainstream, studio films for insurance and other reasons (which certainly has changed).
What happened?

Thanks upyourgeek.com!

>every movie that has had soft performance was directed by one guy
>hence they should start over completely

what if, and just hear me out here, but what if we just didn't have that one guy?

Deborah Snyder is still a problem, she's the one that got Zack's stupid ideas into the big screen, she has more pull than Snyder does, the both need to be dropped

>What ye think of that, Sup Forums?
that means Kevin Smith is going to get a hand on producing Batman movies, and you know how much Sup Forums loves him on Batman, user.

thats not true at all, Nolan specifically requested Snyder direct Man of Steel

craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs

Nolan picked him out of a small pool of directors because there were only a few that would start production right away. Deborah likely convinced them to keep Snyder even though MoS was divided at best

The Snyders bankrolled those movies and created the look of the universe. Short of someone buying them out, they're not going anywhere - even on present grosses, they're likely to be billionaires by the end of the decade.

There's no "fire Zack and everything gets better" option. It's like saying you could fix FOX News by firing Rupert Murdoch.

>Does RDJ really NEED to make another Marvel movie

No, but he's actually enjoying himself with a beloved adaptation of a character nobody gave two shits about until he played it.

Affleck is coming after Baleman, the most beloved version after West, Keaton and Conroy, and he's playing against Will Arnett's rival performance.

Plus... Affleck was a fan beforehand, and seeing these shitty movies must be killing him. Sure he's getting paid, but is he getting paid to assassinate the bat?

I think Affleck wanted to make serious Batman movies but DC wouldnt let him.

>No, but he's actually enjoying himself with a beloved adaptation of a character nobody gave two shits about until he played it.
He's not, BDJ want to be part of more serious movies,he already said that he's tired of doing the same things for a decade. he's going out after infinity war by his own choice.

will we see this suit?

>DC movie wont be super fucking depressing
Have you SEEN Ben Affleck lately?

I wouldn't expect it for a good while even were Affleck to hit a good note with the first Batman refresh, probably want to establish a few more Bat-family members before then. But I suppose if you want to try to force it, complain about lack of asian diversity in DC movies or something.

i'm sure they will.
it won't be nolanfied, but it'll probably feel closer to burton's or TAS

last i heard they were doing a shakeup and considering just doing solo movies that are loosely connected to the cinematic universe, then teaming up when they have to.

Perfect Batman movies for me would fit somewhere between Nolan and Burton as far as tone. Afflecks still my favorite live action Bats since Keaton. He just need to be in a good movie.

ben affleck is like if they took TAS batman and made him real.

he is the perfect batman and bruce.

RDJ become a notorious drug addict and his life became utter shambles. The RDJ we see now is the cleaned up guy who got his shit together and returned. The fact that he got Iron Man in the first place was a little surprising, and it's very lucky for him, because it's pretty much raised him higher up than he was before he fell.

I doubt it. Ben already looking to step down from Batman. Why would he want try and hold the whole DCEU on his back? Especially considering that it's currently making it's way to the toliet. Ben has one more movie he has to do and there's already rumours of it being Flashpoint so he can have a way out.

They should scale down on the super aspect of the character and focus on the world's greatest detective part. Would also make it easier to cut down on the budget I imagine.
If they want to make it dark, have him investigating something like s serial killer, if you want a lighter tone just have him trying to stop less violent heists or something.
If they want personal drama for Bruce, the Bat-family should be fairly easy to fit in.
I suppose Under the Red Hood would be the simplest story to get off the ground with Jason already being dead and all. Though the whole resurrection thing might get a bit weird after having just done it with Supes.

> Batman murder mystery

Literally a win for everybody. Budget stays low, fans get the Batman they want, it's set apart from the MCU and hopefully you can characterize some villans who are not the fucking Joker.

>Shits up last big picture directing gig
>Puts him in charge of film division
Is this WB trying to finally kill the DCEU?

He had the Oscar nomination before the worse part of the fall (the waking up in strange houses and rehab stints). The sad thing is that he probably won't get an Oscar nomination again until some time after he leaves the Marvel sausage factory and is probably far older (circa Jeff Bridges).

>Deborah Snyder

Sigh.

She came with Zach. The production company got producer credit / control over other DC films because Zach was given the keys to the kingdom.

That agreement is likely null and void and not worth the paper its written on, even if WB has to pay them off.

>The Snyders bankrolled those movies

Fuck NO. How stupid can you possibly be. Even if WB gave Zach and the Snyder's production company points, none of the films save WW has made enough of those to pass any points around.

Everything you think is WRONG.

SO SO WRONG.

Suicide Squad also made a good profit.

But yeah Snyder movies gave WB no profit at all, MoS and BvS tiny profit is possibly smaller than Justice League loss

I think he's happy enough where he is.
youtu.be/m9RY3SHyTjE
Given Tropic Thunder and these antics I think he's waiting for the Disney deal to go through so he can dick around with Ryan Reynolds.

this user right here

Wonder Woman gets a hijab.

Gadot would literally kill Affleck with her bare hand for it and Mossad would cover the evidences

>That's racist!

>or have Jesus allegory anymore

No not Jesus. There is no God but Superman and Batman is his prophet

Sure the fuck better than Snyder.

The offered him Justice League years ago, but didn't want to wait for him to finish filming Argo. What a fucking mistake that was.

Nolan plot, Burton visuals. Pretty much the same with Stallone and Urban's Dredd.

> DC keeps talking about diversity
> they keep ignoring they had an Asian Batgirl

no, it's racist to question a minorities beliefs and it's sexist to ever question a woman's words

Exactly.
>authorities take Crock
>want the electric chair for him
>he escapes with the help of Deadshot and Batman is the only one he can turn to to find justice
>Batman starts his own case, Harley/Joker consults him in Arkham
>actual murderer is Zsazs
Here, we have a Batman movie featuring worthwile SS characters. Hell, even Noel adaptation will be good at thus point.

>Prophet (may Allah bless him) allegories in capeshit instead of beaten to death Jesus ones
Yes please.

At this point, I'll take anyone over Snyder.

Oh it's this fake news again, keep posting

>DC movie wont be super fucking depressing
>cool
That's not cool at all you fucking poof

>have oscar for writing
>read all of snyders and goyers rubble
true suffering

For PR reasons, WB wants people to think SS, and BvS made profit.

For accounting (which is how points are figured, meaning the kind of deal RDJ has with Disney/Buena Vista and Marvel Studios), there's two kinds of accounting - first dollar (which is what RDJ has today) and accounting dollars (and no one on ANY WB film has anything other than that, if they even have that), and for standard studio accounting, WB probably claims not even WW has made a 'profit.'

the drunk and drug addict ... jesus

Ohh shit, he will get Kevin Smith and all the DC movies will be pandering reddit and tumblr

Who fucking cares at this point.

kek

Hey Ben can you make a movie adapting Denny O'Neil's Question run? Thanks.

>he thinks DC movies are depressing
One day you'll leave your parents' basement.

Well it's easier to call them gross profit and net profit
We can never tell, even reported budgets can be just inflated

>1. My Big Fat Greek Wedding cost $6 million to make and made over $350 million at the box office, and yet lost $20 million.
>2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy made over $2.9 billion in box office, and yet showed “horrendous losses.”
>3. Return of the Jedi made $475 million on a $32 million budget, yet has never shown a profit.
>4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix made $939 million worldwide, and yet ended up with a $167 million loss.
>5. Forrest Gump earned $667 million, yet shows a loss of $31 million.
>6. JFK earned $150 million worldwide but showed $0 in profit.
>7. Coming to America made $288 million in revenue, yet showed no profit.
>8. Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 made $220 million worldwide, and yet apparently showed no profit.
>9. The Exorcism of Emily Rose made $150 million on a $19 million budget and turned no profit.
>10. Batman, which made $411 million worldwide, showed a $36 million deficit.

. The Lord of the Rings trilogy made over $2.9 billion in box office, and yet showed “horrendous losses.”
nigga what?

it's on a blog on the internet, so it must be true

You're comparing a guy after 10 years and fuck knows how many successful, well-received movies and big money payouts to a guy who's in the middle of a mid-life crisis, a divorce, and having to be the angsty, killy Batman while Gob gets to segway around being the fun, talk to your kids Batman.

It's a weak argument at best.

>How stupid can you possibly be.

Stupid enough to know that the 10% of the gross Snyder got as director on Man of Steel made him the highest-paid director of 2013 by a country mile, that they immediately re-invested that money in WB's cinematic universe - coming up with the concepts and 10-year plan themselves and paying for all the development of those concepts to pitch-readiness themselves - and that as such, they own the direction WB chose to go with. They're getting paid - WB had no idea it was even starting a cinematic universe until the Snyders rocked up.

>none of the films save WW has made enough

Except plainly Man of Steel, which paid him 10% because it was intended as a failure. I mean it was widely reported at the time and you'd have to be retarded to have missed it, or thought that Cruel & Unusual Films, the Snyder's own production company, was investing in movie after movie after movie without a sniff of remuneration.

But then you also think gross points are paid from the net, so I have a bridge to sell you.

>What ye think of that, Sup Forums?

What? The fake link you posted?

That it is complete bullshit. Just like every other report that Affleck will be doing anything with DC on Film other than departing from it as soon as PR Management facilitates his doing so.

Better him than Geoff

In Sha Allah Brother

Still blaming Snyder. Get some taste or convert to Marvel (unless you're already a marvelfag who's just falseflagging, which seems more than likely). No one's going to miss you

You realize this is just reported bullshit numbers:
>"The BNZ approached us to invest in Lord of the Rings and they indicated that the profits could be huge if it was successful," she quotes Hubbard as saying.
>SCF invested $10 million in each of the three movies. However, New Line later produced accounts showing that instead of making a profit, the movies made "horrendous losses". According to Hubbard: "We found it surprising because it was one of the biggest box office success of all time."
or my favourite:
slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-tells-darth-vader-that-return-of-the-jedi-hasnt-made-a-profit/

>Epic Beard Ben