>The characters go to "the real world"
>Trailer includes the line, "WHERE ARRRE WE?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MuYn6XmfwQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>film adaptation for a cartoon
>a third of the movie is spent re-introducing the characters we already know

>Film adaptation of a cartoon
>They change all the VAs for hollywood voices.

>film adaption of a cartoon

>It's CGI characters in a real world setting

>film adaption

>Film Adaptation of a cartoon
>Mocks the original cartoon, entire tone of film is geared towards a cynical and judgemental parody
>a variant of the line "What do you think this is, some dumb cartoon?" is spoken.

>dance party ending set to a Top 40 hit

>film

>The other two thirds is about helping a cookie cutter live action family "reconnect"

>

>when they use actors.

>Cry like a little bitch

>film adaptation of a cartoon
>none of the movie is spent re-introducing the characters we already know
>critics complain that it's too confusing

>adaption of a cartoon or stylized comic
>it's in live action

>feature film adaptaion of a popular cartoon series from the 90s and older
>"absolutely has to be in 3d because everything else is"
>hamfists in the real (live-action) "human" world and forces one or two human "companions" into being the main focus
>original characters are pushed to the sidelines to focus on human "friend"(s) and their literally unnecessary daily woes
>"wow! We couldn't have made it back home without you, [live-action human], even though we were fully capable of doing it ourselves"

I hope to God Rescue Rangers doesn't turn out like this

This is good though. If critics don't ""get it,"" you know you're watching kino.

>live action adaptation of cartoon
>it's actually okay
>even has June Foray returning

>when your show is literally this for three seasons

Well, minus the 3D.

>filled with shitty guest stars playing uninteresting side characters

>kids film
>trailer has 5,793,277 characters say the name of the movie in a row

Why is Asuka wearing a send/nudes dress that is in the style of the album cover for The Life of Pablo?

>two animated movies with vaguely similar plots come out near one another
>critics complain the movie that came out later that year was too similar

Specifically about Despicable Me and Megamind. What were they expecting, that Megamind would be canceled because it came out too soon after DM?

>film adaptation of an old cartoon
>makes the characters disgustingly "realistic"

>isn't that the plot of Roger Rabbit?

This movies humor was honestly golden.

Bump

If you don't name five examples then your example either doesn't exist or shows up once.

>film adaptation
>pretty much just a two hour long episode
>comparable to some of the better episodes, too

>1066 AD

My nigga

>1813-1815

>a character farts in the trailer

>"This film is going to be the anti-[previous film that bombed]"
>Film bombs

>film adaptation of a comic book superhero created half a century ago or more
>the character has more films than comic panels
>film industry is dominated by similar superhero characters that belong to two companies
>dicussion of these film superheros is allowed on Sup Forums

>superhero movie
>hero spends most of the movie unmasked

Looking at you, Raimi!

>The cartoon characters are small sized
>There use this point as an excuse to insert female feet in multiple shots along with the characters
Fuck this footfag pandering trend.

>"Film adaptation" of a cartoon
>Direct-to-DVD
>Actually just a compilation of four episodes we've already seen on TV linked together with a framing device

>Rachet & Clank movie
>Rachet, Clank, Quark and Nefarious's VAs are not listed anywhere in marketing despite having the most screentime

This shit has been going on since the 80s.

Shame that they released an actual Smurfs movie after those horrible live action movies.

Cartoons always did that, during the 30s/40s/50s a bunch of studios made the lazy decision to make "new" shorts that has only a minute of new animation and abridged clips of other shorts. I remember popeye and tom and jerry had a bunch of htem

What are you talking about? James and David got their names on the poster.

>cartoon adaptation of a film
>there are no stakes, the lead characters are perpetually unable to grow as people for fear of stunting potential film sequels
>threatening film villain turned into laughable joke

>film adaptation of cartoon,/comic
>have kid characters voiced by adult actors for pure star power

Looney toons had a couple of them.

Quackbusters is a work of fucking art regardless.

>It's a prequel and "origin"
>Art style is worse once the cartoon is back on the air

Actors want money and very little time in makeup. That's why Deadpool was a hit, because Reynolds took the hit of being in a mask most of the movie and stayed true to being a comic book movie.

Better yet, they're pilot episodes because they thought they were going to be making a show.

>dark and brooding, despite the show being perpetually light-hearted and fun
I think the only reason I like this movie is for how bizarrely antithetical it is to the show.

This is how I felt about that Muppet movie that introduced some new, faggy puppet AND human companions that threw a wrench into the Muppet's chemistry. I'm all for introducing new characters into shit as long as they aren't the main focus. I went to see Kermit screaming and flailing his limbs not a whiny bitch going through an identity crisis.

McKracken made his swansong, he didn't care what happened afterward. He probably regrets not getting back now though.

Muppet movies have been using human actors to good effect since the very first one. The difference is that they used to be either villains or wink-at-the-audience cameos, due to Jim Henson's love of old school Hollywood. The franchise really lost something when he died.

Muppet movies have always had people in it. As for the new guy, he was supposed to be the "hopeful fan" to bring out the old cast together.

ITT: Complaining about Sony.

It felt completely different tonally than any other Muppet movie. Especially with whatshisface from BBT being shoehorned in. Then the fact it was basically an advertisement for the failure of a tv show that followed, which also felt like garbage.

>Then the fact it was basically an advertisement for the failure of a tv show that followed
This isn't accurate. The YouTube channel had been popular for a while, so they managed to get a film greenlit to see if the franchise had any relevancy anymore. When the movie did way better than they expected, they started looking at other ways to monetize. They didn't have the show in mind when making the 2011 movie.

Though I will agree, I don't really like new Muppets. Anything post-90s either feels too squeaky clean or too artificially cynical, really. The Muppets of Henson's day hit a sweet spot of being satirical, but never jaded.

>film adaptation
>Sony Pictures
>the trailer uses "Don't Bring Me Down"

>they replaced Kevin Michael Richardson as Chairman Drek

>film adaptation of cartoon
>kills off established character for drama

They did this back in the day simply so they could replace characters with new ones in order to sell toys, not for drama.

I say they do this probably because it’s cheaper then making it fully animated and it’s probably also easier to shove in celebrities/product placements when it’s mostly live action

example?

optimus died for our sins

>trailer ends up with
>that
>was
>AWSUM

>its better than any episode before or after it

The Spongebob movies?

The horse show

Someone please explain to me the difference between the current usage of kino and HAFNIM

kino is the japanese word for gold.

HAFNIM isn't anything. Someone tried to make it a meme a while back, but it has no definition or usage.

What are you talking about? Kino is the German word for cinema. It's a Sup Forums meme

even if it shows up once it can still be ass garbage

>it just copies the plot of some famous live action movie but with jokes

When I was a kid I unironically loved Channel chasers and School's out from fairly odd parents, had I known that was the canon end of FOP I wouldn't have looked for more

>film

>film based on a 90s show/toy
>generic emoji movie/lego movie cut and paste plot, including an edgy not-ramon flowers girl character
>half the cast is minecraft LPers and youtube vloggers you've never heard of because that's what kids like now i guess

we're going to see so much of this in 2018

dude, holy fuck, i hate this, what happened to voice actors that adults got hyped for? that kids didn't car about
Let's players are fucking Cancer, especially Markiplier

i wouldn't mind if it was A pop star, or A youtuber, but literally like most of the cast page is taken up by youtber cameos

Listen buddy, it turns out that Voice Acting is a job that anyone can do. Just because you like Jim Cummings or Ed Asner doesn't mean no one else should get a chance.

>live action adaptation of cartoon
>they give the characters voices

i agree with that, but don't be a fucking faggot about this, you know just as well as i do, that those screaming retards are gonna scream their entire cameo, and that's just utterly tooth-grindingly annoying, now stop trying to make me feel old by dropping 90s VA names just because you got out of high school this summer

>Film adaptation of a cartoon or an live-action sitcom
>The characters go for a big adventure
>It's gets dramatic and serious moments

>Everyone says it was pure kino years later

Whys that? I would be hyped to be in a sick superhero costume for the entire film.

Weirdest moment ever as a kid.

Name some examples of this.

>The characters have to save something from an evil business tycoon

>They replaced Kevin Michael Richardson as Chairman Drek
That one really stings when you do some more research into it. And as far as the game's concerned Giamatti only voiced him in scenes that were directly pulled from the movie, Eric Bauza did the voice for Drek in anything that's exclusive to the game.

EEnE, Aqua Teen, and a few of the Futurama movies

Futurama was never good.
The movies were cumstains.

The first Spongebob Movie was pretty kino, user

>African animation
I think it's a Boondocks episode.

That's a pretty god damn mother fuckin' piece of shit opinion ya got there, user. Different folks, different strokes, I suppose

>Futurama was never good

>Aqua Teen
Not to mention the sweet theme tune remix.
youtube.com/watch?v=MuYn6XmfwQ8

Film adaptions with audience surogate OCs:
>Fat Albert
>The Smurfs
>Looney Toons: Back in Action
>Masters of the Universe
>Casper
>Underdog
And to some extent, even though the humans are existing characters:
>Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Garfield
>Yogi Bear
Honorable Mention:
>Space Jam

Because actors think they are better than the characters that have lasted for literally decades, while they will most likely die a meaningless death from drugs and STDs

>Film adaption of a toyline which also has a cartoon
>Instead of using the more serious cartoon as a base they make up a completly new, quirky canon.

>No Lawrence
I was so dissapointed.

Oh shit, I remember that happening to him. That was an unintentional dick move on Rainmaker’s part sending him the check meant for Giamatti.

>Cartoon based on animated film adds nothing to the story whatsoever and instead chooses to be "TV tropes, starring the characters from that movie you like!"