Is it my nostalgia talking or is South Park season 2 really good?

Is it my nostalgia talking or is South Park season 2 really good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWb9wucquU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No it's really good. That's when Matt and Trey started getting it and stopped doing really childish shit from season 1.

Was season 2 better when it was being made while the movie was in production or after the movie was done production

move aside, oldfags rollin' in

Nah I rewatched the first few season a little while ago and they're solid fucking gold.
>Cartman Joins NAMBLA
>Rainforest Shmainforest
>Cripple Fight
>Tweek vs Craig
Shit is legit good

all the seasons before the movie, even 1 > seasons after the movie and before book of mormon > last few seasons > everything else.

Early South Park is the best, seasons 1-7
I dont know what is mentally wrong with people that dislike early seasons but like much later ones

I remember going into my brother's room as a kid and he was watching the Rain-forest episode. It was that part where she had that bug on her back. youtube.com/watch?v=zWb9wucquU4
That was the funniest thing I had ever seen, and nothing would top it for years.

I love this season, it's unpolished but there is a charm to it, nowadays there is more of a formula to the show where they just pick a current event and spoof it. But back then you had retarded meaningless episodes like Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods that made the show feel authentic and like something you and your friends would think up. There aren't that many episodes after season 5 I think are really classic.

Meh, I think the first couple seasons are boring and overrated.

do you like the current event stuff, then?

they are just fart sniffers. New South Park hasn't had a soul to it since after season 12. I think the heavy metal tribute episode was the last good thing they ever did. Everything since that point is just le funny social commentary that pretends to be above it all, but in reality is just liberterian propaganda. They defend Walmart and Mcdonalds of all companies

They also defend Starbucks, but i'm sure it because they are contrarians
And they were kinda right with Starbucks,
they can make better cofee that some little stores, still don't worth the price tho

I don't really give a shit if its referencing current stuff or not. I just like South Park when its funny. First two seasons have a few gems, but on the whole, I don't particularly find much to find funny here.

i fucking love the korn episode in season 3

>I don't particularly find much funny here.*
Realising I used "find" more than enough times.

>I think the first couple seasons are boring and overrated.
>I just like South Park when its funny. First two seasons have a few gems, but on the whole, I don't particularly find much to find funny here.
don't be this kind of faggot, make up your mind you contrarian fuck

yeah of course, it was because season 2 that the sp movie was made

so is this the new sp thread? it's hard to tell

i love the fact that a lot of the parents call themselves or between eachother not by their names but as their children's parents

like gerald calling himself "kyle's dad" in a advertisement in sexual harassement panda or everyone calling craig's mom just "craig's mom" in the drones episode.

m-memba?

It's good, dunno about "really good" since they didn't hit their stride until around season 4.

That was season 3.

It's ok

Why does everyone like The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka? I taught it was weak

Funny thing is that they aren't even fans of Heavy Metal.

>not liking the first two seasons is contrarian
Not really. You're more likely to find fans of seasons 5-11 than 1&2.

I used to be part of the "early south park was the best" crowd 10-12 years ago. But nowadays, I realize they were too reliant on lolsorandumb shit back then, which doesn't have much lasting appeal. I'd say around season 3 was when they started moving towards more character and narrative focused jokes, and by Season 6, they dropped a lot of tired running gags.

>they can make better cofee that some little stores
I dont think so, there isnt much to making one of those nice coffees
coffe, milk, water, sugar. It's not hard

>I realize they were too reliant on lolsorandumb shit
nahh there was lots of that ontop of good stories, characters, jokes etc

Most stories were kinda just there, and werent always paced very well, IMO.

It's actually good. The first four seasons are my favorites.