Soule teases Xavier-as-Fantomex Solo

charlessoule.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/2017-in-review-and-looking-ahead-to-2018-aka-the-last-blog/

>Yes, there’s a big Marvel thing in the works. I think you will like it. Trying to take an existing character and let them be seen in a fresh way. Not easy, but definitely wonderful. Very very excited to work with the artists on this.

Will you read it Sup Forums?

Well, that's really fucking stupid.

honestly that Charles can get into more places than my mind if he wants

Cancelled faster than Weapon H

No one asked for this

Is Fantomex dead then?

Basically, Xavier pulled a Superior Spider-man on him. Copied his mind overtop of Fantomex's.

Fantomex has 3 brains though. Is he gonna hang around as a "Ghost" or something?

I would read it, but only when Fantomex minds is preserved and we enter his crazy world.
Old Adventurer (Xavier) meets New Adventurer (Fantomex)
The U-Men and Sublime would be a great adversary for both.

why is everyone except fantomex fantomex now

Each brain has its own body

Crippled Fantomex incoming

So will he finally fuck Jean?

It's not Xavier, it's Legion

We don't know if it's about Xavier.
And what do you think about the new ongoing of Zub?

Fuck you Soule.

B t w, the last time fantomex had solo, it sold around 4k (check Fantomex Max on the monthly sale rankings)

So Fantomex is really Phantom X?

Will virile uncrippled Xavier bone Jean Grey to spite Bubsman and Rightclops? Will his powers actually work in every condition?

They've merged since then.

Female Fantomex was hot tbqh

People who hate soule only read IvX

Fantomex is just an edgier Gambit

someone read ivx?

No, I read his She-Hulk. Terrible.

he should be ashamed about it

the last good thing he wrote was Swampthing

Is this a "homage" to the stupid "cool masked character was Magneto all along even though it doesn't make sense" reveal in Morrison's run (where Fantomex was introduced)

Strange attractors was after that

He tries to be, but the truth is worse.

>Fantomex Max

Is that the one where a girl gets raped by another girl?

No, he's a better Gambit because he accepts that he's a parody and goes over the top with it, while still managing to have some great character moments. There's nothing "edgy" about Fantomex.

>"solo"
Its not a solo, if you actually read the article you'd know its a continuation of Soule's 12-issue arc in Astonishing X-Men

Why is his hair buzzed instead of bald? Does the artist not understand the difference?

>imagine being this dumb

soule, ewing, lotta people teasing big 2018s

Being bald is one of Xavier's two most defining traits. So if a dude took off a mask and it was an albino black dude with buck teeth and a mohawk and he was like "I'm Logan" you'd just accept that?

the less X-Men Soule is ruining at one time the better

It's Fantomex you dumb cunt

You know the response is just gonna be "But he says he's Charles Xavier idgi"

As if we needed any more X comics

What the fuck, I love Fantomex now.

they're needed more than Gwenpool and America, Marvel is sinking.

>mysterious stranger finally reveals secret identity
>it turns out it's Beloved Iconic Character!
>doesn't actually look anything like Beloved Iconic Character

Good writing, good reveal, masterful use of suspense! Great work everyone, quality craftsmanship like this is why we read cape comics!

Jean is going to cuck him with teenScott

Soule as a writer ranges from shit (anything Inhumans) to dull (everything else). He's just below the Nicieza Baseline.

>user reads part of one page out of context
>Throws fit when they don't get it

Swamp Thing was good.
Letter 44 has been solid (haven't read the last arc yet though)

I can appreciate that She-Hulk was well-written, even though I personally didn't enjoy it. and Daredevil has been pretty good too.

Sup Forums creamed itself over his Red Lanterns run too (I stopped all GL related stuff after Johns left, so never gave it the chance)

its just that most of his Marvel work has been disappointing. Inhumans, Death of Wolverine/Wolverines weekly book, and now Astonishing X-Men

He's in Fantomex's body you dumb cunt.

I don't know, I think user might be on to something here. I mean, have you ever seen Xavier and Fantomex in the same room together?

Yes. Yes, I have. In Fantomex's first fucking appearance.

Okay, but I haven't soooo....I'm just going to keep operating under the apparently false delusion that Xavier and Fantomex are the same person. Fight me, nerd.

Okay, actually, this isn't as funny as I thought it was. Sorry. I'm going to go flog myself now.

Maybe I'm more accepting because I'm not a huge X-fag, but this seems neat.

literally took a five second google search

It was a really shitty joke, my dude.

>have you ever seen Xavier and Fantomex in the same room together?
Yes.
Tbh I thought this was going to be a ruse where for his own reasons Fantomex is simply pretending to be possessed by Xavier (it fits his character) may be to get back at Psylocke somehow / take control of the X-Men.
Sadly that seems a little to subtle for current writing standards.

That'd be an nice plot and scripting generator. Having multiple voices/p.o.v.'s makes things easier and more entertaining. Easy sell for conflicted internal monologue when it's actually a dialogue.

so did Fantomex consent to this or what?

and didn't they cremate/destroy Professor X's body after Red Skull used it

COMICS!

Yes but now he is/was purely a psychic construct in the astral plane.

Yes, Xavier guilted him into it somehow.

Apparently Xavier's mind has been trapped on the Astral Plane since he died. And now his psychic ghost is just possessing Fantomex's body

Xavier...but now, he fucks!

So did he open up about the whole... Scott thing?