Without memeing, why did TT become a hit while LOSH failed to catch on? LOSH was clearly the better show

Without memeing, why did TT become a hit while LOSH failed to catch on? LOSH was clearly the better show.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super_Heroes_(TV_series)#Proposed_third_season
youtu.be/8fecCFD9fYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe because the LOSH character designs look retarded? Just based on that pic.

LOSH had a character named "Bouncing Boy."

>LOSH was clearly the better show.

In what fashion?

I mean, I enjoyed LOSH and find its utter lack of popularity to be confusing but I don't see how it was as good as Teen Titans, let alone "clearly better".

The Titans are a bigger name, sadly. Also, the LOSH show wasn't really that good, all things considered.

This didn't help.

Robin ties it to Batman
LOSH had "Superman" (since they couldn't call him Superboy at the time)

People like Batman more than Superman.

One was an anime back when anime was popular, the other wasn’t

What's up with the skin color.

>One was an anime
And stay there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super_Heroes_(TV_series)#Proposed_third_season
>A third season had been planned for production but was dropped because the Kids' WB! slot was taken over by 4Kids.

Happens all the time, really

You mean Luornu? I think she's meant to look like a ganguro. In all honesty, I like her design here better than any of the comics looks, because she at least looks somewhat unique.

imo, tt was a breath of fresh air compared to losh. losh followed a similar vibe as jlu.

Having Matter Eater Lad makes it the greatest DC show.

Teen Titans was only popular because it pandered to the kids who grew up on Pokemon and DBZ a few years prior

That is the only reason TT has a fanbase

>talking shit about based Chuck
Y'know, I never got the hate for Bouncing Boy. Dude has the ability to propel himself at high velocity in any direction, and is nigh invulnerable while balled up. I'm supposed to believe that's lame, am I? Uh huh.

Even then, Chuck is a really nice guy, absolutely the kind of person you'd hang out with. It's little wonder Luornu fell for him, gal's got taste.

I agree, TT should stay on Sup Forums, TTG can stay on Sup Forums though since it’s not an anime

No Batman / Batfamily character in LOSH

More accessible characters, better VO, a better team.

He was a cool guy.

Fucking unstoppable.

Who has the copy pasta on how many of the rejected hero applicants are secretly the strongest super heros?

LOSH was on kidsWB at like 7 am(Saturdays only). It never had a chance.

>better team
That's debatable.

better waifu desu

Remember when they undid his character development in season two because the kids didn’t like him?

Anime style is the best animation style, so you're basically saying that all great cartoons are anime.

Not really, by the time the new teen titans came out in the 80s losh was almost forgotten.

>kids don't like Chuck
Kids have shit taste.

Hey, remember when they downplayed all the female Legionnaires in season 2 because boys are allegedly repulsed by girls? Fucking execs.

And Season 3 was gonna have Shadow Lass too. Dammit.

Brainiac 5 was unfathomably gay. I can't believe he programmed a simulation where he died in Supe's arms. He was just so fucking cringey.

Naw, just the ones that are anime and use anime tropes, such as Teen Titans. Looney toons, JL/U, Spectacular Spider-Amann were all great and none of them were anime

Why do these near-adults with badass powers choose to give themselves awful names like "Bouncing Boy"? Do they have no self-esteem? Kid is like 16 years old, he should know better than to pick a name like that.

It's a Silver Age artifact, one of those things that's been around so long that it's not worth messing with. They actually did try to change the names once, didn't stick. Also, all superhero names are goofy.

Didn't they have a girl implied to be Lex Luthor's descendant on the team back in Season 1?

She wasn't on the team.

LOSH ran on The WB. TTG runs on Cartoon Network. Different standards of success.

>Looney toons, JL/U, Spectacular Spider-Amann were all great and none of them were anime
LT isn't an animated series at all, the DCAU is overrated, and SSM is just plain bad in general.

You can go now.

I don't need your permission to go anywhere, you shithead.

No, he’s right, you can take your opinion and your shit taste and go

Samefagging is not welcome here.

Superman X was cool as fuck. youtu.be/8fecCFD9fYs

And TT was popular because it was weebs bait.

It appeals to weeaboos. I'm not kidding. It's the same reason why A:TLAS and its sequel, LoK, are popular: it has an anime-inspired design, so anime fans cling to it like it's Japanese. I honestly hate TT, A:TLAS and LoK, just for that. If I wanted to see anime designs, I would watch anime.

It was popular because it had awesome characterization, humor, plots, art, and music. What else do you want from a cartoon?

At least Avatar is not filled with anime reaction faces

>not named "superboy and the losh"
>barely any promotion
>teen titans still overshadowed it
>no raven

It never had a chance.

I really do not like LOSH character designs in that top pic

Quote me in all my posts so I can screen cap and laugh at you You newfag.

>awesome characterization
The first seasons were nothing but Robin and Cyborg. Starfire was just the dumb kawai girl and Raven was just a goth for most of the show. BB was shit.

>awesome humor
>awesome art
Are you fucking kidding me?

>plots
Most of TT plots were just "villain of the week" plots.

>music
Only the opening. Even TTG has better music.

>Just remember the first season of Legend of Korra
>Korra has the most anime expression outside of an anime when one of Tenzin's kids tell Mako's girlfriend that Korra has a crush on him
Honestly the most out of place reaction in the show, because nothing similar to that reaction happens again in the entire series. Kind of like how Asami's first appearance.

Literally everything you just wrote is bullshit.

Characterization was heavily focused on from the very beginning, excepting the few episodes in the first season which were poorly written in general. By the end of the first season every character was already far more rounded than in your average cartoon and it didn't stop there.

The jokes in the show are some of the best I've ever heard in a cartoon, and watching it in HD is such a pleasure due to the crisp, clear art.

VOTW generally implies said villains don't have much impact on future plots, but in this series you have mini-arcs literally everywhere.

The soundtrack for this show is fucking gold, and I'm almost as pissed at you for daring to insult it as I am at La-La Land Records for not releasing it.

Don't even talk to that thing. Anyone worth interacting with knows he's a retard.

>And TT was popular because it was weebs bait.
Yeah I'm sure the kids loved anime so much that the idea of a DC action cartoon after the Justice League ended was the main reason why they would watch it. Hating the anime 'emotes' is fine and justified but saying that's the main point of the show is assinine.

Who are you talking about?

TT had better waifus.

Is that you, witchfag?

Marketing, character recognition, using anime styling when anime was at it's peak main stream popularity, and most important of all, network support.

Teen Titans was on *all* the time. It was aired in near prime time syndication every weekday, it's new episodes were hyped up, it had a steady time slot and would often run mini-marathons making it easy to catch up with the show.

LoSH was aired saturday mornings at moving time slots on a dying cartoon block. Regardless of whether it was good or not, the show had no chance. If it were shown on CN along side TT I'm sure it would have done better, but without a network to support it the show was doa.

I honestly *tried* to watch that show when I heard it was a thing but managed to see all of one half of an episode. The quality of the show is irrelevant if the show is impossible to find. LoSH was a victim of the dying saturday morning cartoon block.

TT has better waifus than almost any other show.

(And I just realized I haven't posted pic related in months. Fucking shit.)

>so fucking cringey
you mean cute? yes. yes he was.

You don't have to go that far for seeing how the power to eat ANYTHING is pretty op, he could one shot Darkseid if he got his hands on him

triplicate girl

LoSH turned into Supermanboy wank.
Just like Movie X-Men turned into Bubsman wank.
Every hero (and a lot of the villains) were characterized by how much they admired/loved/respected/hated/envied Supermanboy.
It's like noone believed the series could float without Iconic Superman headlining it.

For (licensing raisins?) they couldn't use the name Superboy, so you have a whole team of Boys/Lads/Girls/Lasses and one SuperMAN.

And of course since the Kraptonians and the Faux-Kraptonian Daxamites badly outshadow everyone on the team, every other hero is simply a sidekick.

And the final straw is that the Legion of Superheroes comic universe is badly developed crap. It's never been handed to a writer with a shred of Sci-Fi talent, so it turns into generic Buck Rodgers spaceships and lazor guns, and alien races that make Star Trek's galaxy look exotic. It's telling how fast the series had to re-use the Fatal Five, the only villains original to the Legion that anyone can remember (aside from The Evil Legion of Superheroes, because DC).

She truly is best girl.

Mostly because of the future setting IMO

A team of young superheroes is fun because they also hang out at the paking lot of a convenience store in between crime fighting, you kind of lose that charm in a futuristic city

The anime artstyle is the literal reason of why TT was popular. TMNT was really fucking good but it was not as popular as TT. Why? It was not anime. Jackie Chan Adventures was more entertaining than TT but not really popular. Why? It was not anime. Transformers Animated, the best TF cartoon ever, was a great action cartoon with great characters development but people hated it because it was too cartoony. TT was popular for being animesque.

TT was Robin

I have the full-length original season two theme song on repeat as I'm posting this.

How do you feel about that, stalker? Now fuck off.

This is bait, right?

>TMNT was really fucking good but it was not as popular as TT. Why? It was not anime.
TMNT 2003 is literally listed under animesque on TV Tropes. And for good reason, too.

Dumbass.

This is the reason why LoSH is still a dead comic, when even lame trash like Aquaman has an ongoing doing the same old shit;
The writers at DC can only do cosmic Morrison-style easy mode metagarbage. No one can pen anything close to compelling Sci-Fi or even Space Opera, they can only do ridiculous SpeedForce/EmotionForce/ReaderForce dreck.

>using TV-tropes as some kind of proof
Fuck off newfag.

Nope.

>The anime artstyle is the literal reason
>the literal reason
Is that why Totally Spies was such a hit? Oh wait it wasn't, you're LITERALLY spoutting nonsense trying to find a reason why kids in the past decade liked a show. Yeah it was because of anime, that's all they were fucking showing on CN at the time.

>Tvtropes
Opinion discarded
Apply rope to neck, fampai

Oh come the fuck on, it literally looks like anime.
It was less popular because it was aired on a far less popular network... well, that and TMNT '87.

>TT was Robin
Yes but Robin was the straight-man, the weakest team member who kept everyone's head straight.

Supermanboy was the team icon, the strongest team member, the most flawless personality, the guy everyone relied on to power their way to victory.

And while the TT show retold some of their classic stories in a new way, it also told a lot of original stories. You could sense exactly when LoSH series ran out of the comic's small reserve of memorable comics.

Why is TT having an animesque artstyle considered to be a problem?

>you're LITERALLY spoutting nonsense
I was a loving anime kid. I hated western cartoons yet I loved TT for its anime look

Because Sup Forums hates anime for being vastly superior on average.

Oh so you speak for all kids in 2005-6 because of your personal tastes, all hail King Bob!

>it literally looks like anime.
You are fucking stupid, TTFAG

WITCH sucks, Winx Club was much better

I thought I recognized that pattern of shit taste and opinions as the ones you posted

>posts a promo pic
>not an actual cap from the show
Bitch, please.

Ask yourself nigger

Look at this very picture:
Chad Superman with girls hanging off him
2nd Chad Mon-El with his woman
Lightning Lad's trophy from beating the other betas
The rest are a bunch of Virgins, Soyboys and Gays admiring Superman.

TTfags/weebs are cancer

Meant for

>Kids have shit taste.
>Hey, remember when they downplayed all the female Legionnaires in season 2 because boys are allegedly repulsed by girls? Fucking execs.

Who is the target audience?
Who buys the most merchandise?

I see you’ve also been born with Patrician taste, user

>t. baiting samefag

>Most of TT plots were just "villain of the week" plots.
There's nothing wrong with that.

I’m so glad witch got cancelled

I wasn't saying "villain of the week" plots were bad.

After reading about some of the planned ideas, so am I, to be quite frank. Unless those got scrapped

Your move, user.

this is the first time I've heard of whatever the top one is
anyway to answer your question, orange midriff and grey thighs and "friend so-and-so" and le edgy darkness and a good intro

>Looney Tunes wasn't animated

Who are you quoting?

>LT isn't an animated series at all

This quote is accurate, yes. What's your point?

He’s obviously referencing the autism of the witchfag, who is so autistic he thinks Looney Tunes isn’t an animated series