Singular they

>singular they

Why is this a thing? It's the worst thing of all things. It's an abomination of the English language and needs to be rooted out and destroyed.

>complaining about a usage that is literally >500 years old
I hope you don't use plural "you" and only use "thou" because otherwise you're a massive hypocrite

You're mad about the grammer and not the gender stuff. Would it be better if they were a xhe?

The problem is that Tilly just comes out and says "My pronouns are ____"
It's an awkward greeting instead of "people just call me 'Tim'" or something along those lines.

Also this is Jeph. We know it's not there because he thinks this is how people talk. It's because he wants to pander.

Meh

>write in an agendered xirson
>get buckets of SJW patreon pandering money
>write xon out of the story after a few weeks and keep the money

Jeff has this down to a fucking science

In the part of the US I live singular they has always been accaptable for anyone

No actually it's
>write obnoxious character who intrudes on Hanner's life
>idiot audience gets mad about how she is literally raping a mentally ill woman
>declare that obnoxious character is a genderfreak
>audience backs down for fear of being banned for being a bigot

I'm almost positive that last panel is a scene from the Doctor Strange movie

I miss rapist Claire

you're just a racist nazi. think like me or else

Did that drawfag ever finish that picture of missing QC characters done like Days of Future Past?

Pic related

they is the pronoun you use when you aren't sure of a person's gender, I agree with you that it's gay but it's grammatically correct, calm the fuck down.

I have no idea, but please tell me the kill list in the back was going to be all the quirky female characters Jeph made and then forgot about.

This. There are funnier things to make fun of here. Like how that gender whatever character is getting sent to the Moon.

That's my main problem with pushing diversity in general. I'd love to see more diverse casts, but it's just handled so badly.

I can see Jaques in particular writing these characters and thinking to himself "Ah, THIS will make them see how progressive I am!"

And look, if QC took place at like a center for runaway gay teens or a hippie commune or some shit, I'd get it. If one character differentiated from "the norm" (and I use the term loosely) it would make sense.

Instead it's a comic ostensibly about a (borderline) straight white male who has:

>a tranny girl friend
>two lesbian friends
>a gay dad
>a dominatrix mom
>an asexual friend (it's only a matter of time before Hanners is confirmed asexual)
>his friend has a nongendered personal assistant
>a robosexual friend (also only a matter of time)

It's like he just goes down a checkbox or something. It feels really disingenuous.

The original plan was to make the posters using any of the following:

Allison
Steve
Dale
Marigold
Raven
Jimbo
Black intern
Asian intern
Faye's sister
Sven
Penelope/Penny
Elliot
Natasha
Amir

With shit like "CIS" "STRAIGHT" "MALE" "WHITE" instead of "DEAD" "CAPTURED" etc

Lol you fucking faggot.

"They" as a singular is not incorrect - it's totally acceptable in common conversation. Only when you write formally does anyone give two shits.

>Sven did nothing wrong
Why was he a villain?

STRAIGHT

WHITE

MALE

He dared to exist

This. Usage of the singular "they" is older than the current form of the language.

How is anyone going to know you prefer specific pronoun usage if you don't just come out with it? Or would you prefer this character get mad when the other characters don't grant a courtesy they didn't know about?

That's some four-dimensional chess right there.

If you're mad about the grammar aspect of singular "they" then you're just autistic.

Hope this helped.

>Anyway I asked her what was going on and--
>Oh, I use "they" as a pronoun, I'm agender

VS

>Hi, I'm Taffy. Use the pronoun "they" when referring to me.

One is the normal way of human communication, the other makes you sound like a turbo autist. Do you go into people and say "My name's John, but I prefer when people call me Hat Trick" or some shit? No, because it sounds fucking retarded.

>Do you go into people and say "My name's John, but I prefer when people call me Hat Trick"

"My name's Nathan, but I prefer Nate."
"My name's Chrysanthemum Abigail Moonstar, but I prefer Abby."

Come on, Jordan. You are usually more polite than that.

>Get assistant job through nepotism.
>"But that's wrong!"
>Let them go.
>Oh no. Now they don't have a job.
>Get assistant job through nepotism.
And it all worked out in the end.

What are the chances of Taffy showing up again?

>giving her father an assistant when he didn’t ask for it
Isn’t this why Hanners was pissed?

Yep

Strictly speaking she's being used as a less expensive alternative to the robots already being used as assistants to Hanners' dad.

I haven't finished it. I have the layout. Should I draw or just paste in the missing characters?

>less expensive
>requiring transit to and from the station for vacation
>gets sick days
>sleeps
>requires food and oxygen which are costly resources in a space station
>gets paid a salary rather than the station which is already performing thousands more complicated tasks
Yeah. She is the cheaper alternative to automation

Paste. Makes them look more like the stock pictures like they use in “Missing” posters

The robot union has negotiated for much higher wages than it's human counterpart.

>can't be killed by dumping liquids on her

They weren’t hiring the Wicked Witch of the West.
Momo was able to swim during the lake house trip.

Momo is also designed to function in a variety of environments, why would include the expense of waterproofing a robot that only exists in a controlled environment? Plus the implication is that Hanners' dad intentionally destroys the drones.

Yeah... doesn't this make her a huge hypocrite?

They could still just get a regular robot to help him. It’s not like they can’t afford it and he built them so I doubt they have a hard time finding a volunteer.
Dale got the virtual assistant for free which then was given a body for free.

I’m just saying that it’s odd for them to need help figuring out a solution for a problem that’s been going on this long

So she hates her mom for getting her a personal assistant without her consent and through connections, yet she turns around and does the same thing to her dad.

>Several members of a multi-billion dollar empire are focused on getting a job to the daughter of a business owner
We gave up the robot fight club for this

>Tilly is returning to her home planet

Oh thank goodness.

To be fair, he does live in, what was it? Holliston? One o them hipster towns.

Robot fight club was boring, we gave up four flavors of robot fucking, one of autist fucking, one of cyborg fucking, and possibly a cyborg/autist threeway for this.

We also didn't get any they/them/their fucking either.

No, of course not.
Only men are hypocrites in QC

It's proper grammar that even Shakespear used you trollop, "they" has always been used in the singular when the gender of the subject is ambiguous, in doubt, or an unnecessary detail such as in the case of a discussion of a purely hypothetical individual, you moron.

>Dale got the virtual assistant for free which then was given a body for free.
That was a temporary test thing, and the body was the equivalent of giving a convict some shitty clothes before kicking them out of jail. Free robots isn't the norm, though that wouldn't be an issue for Hanners' dad.

Here's the pics pasted over the layout.

>All reactions are extremely appropriate
I love you

Thanks! It's a shame that half of them will be covered up in the final image

As long as the "You're beautiful" reaction remains unblocked...

Eh, I can move it

>characters i thought were protagonists on missing/dead

man what happened

Basically they are hardly seen at all anymore

I'm hard for this

>mfw I don't even remember like half of these characters

And I read this motherfucker for 10 fucking years, christ.

Tilly's home planet need her!.. them... whatever pronoun it is today.

Well played

>Rich white privileged person gets job through rich parent's rich person connections
>Gets fired and then gets another job through rich person connections.

How long until Jeph stabs his hand for writing such a rich white privileged person?

it's okay because they use different pronouns

If I didn't know what a hack he is I would almost accuse this of being ironic commentary.

Great, now she can really commit espionage

Also, did she decide in a few hours to go to space? Like no extra stuff packed and not telling her parents?
I assume that cause they are wearing the exact same clothes.

And thus invalid in the current form of the language. Kill yourself.

i dont remember most of those guys
also you should add Marten, since hes pretty much a background character right now

But her parents are the bad guys! She doesn't have to tell them she's leaving the planet since they got her a well connected job for the "wrong" intentions.

It's clearly not, given it's being used now you braindead pedant. You've never given a shit about grammar until some scary internet people used a word in a way that makes you uncomfortable.

>White man used to be the main character
>now just a worn out boipussy for tranny cock
It’s the utopian future Jeph dreams of

Hahahaaaaa, oh you are delightful. Tiny little brainlet.

I've been waiting for the next stabbening for quite a while user. Ever since the robot lesbo happening began.
I'm hoping next time he doesn't stop at his hand and just starts stabbing and cutting body parts indiscriminately

wait-wait a fucking second. so right out of nowhere, Station has a holo-emitter that can send him to Earth. his whole deal was he missed Hanners and wanted to be with her and he begged her to come back to space. as soon as he got the emitter, wouldn't he have immediately went to Earth to be with her? fucking Jeph, I swear, has no idea who his characters are or what their motivations are.

It’s not out of character, at least. She is very dedicated to her work.

>Post-weeaboo design

>complaining about a usage that is literally >500 years old
Honestly anyone who still uses a 500 year old antiquated way of speaking is either an asshole or a special needs snowflake.

You use it every day do you. Don’t fucking kid yourself it’s gone out of style like the dodo
I’m sure using all those dying words helps you compensate but to everyone else you’re the pedant who can’t change with the times.